Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
If Bogo makes it past Thanksgiving w/o being put on IR for the rest of the season then ill give him his due for actually playing well so far.......we shall see

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If Bogo makes it past Thanksgiving w/o being put on IR for the rest of the season then ill give him his due for actually playing well so far.......we shall see

He's been solid in the 4 games that he's played.

But, he's still missed more games than he has played.

I'll be happy with 60+ GP at this kind of level if that is what we get.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Now he needs to learn how to diversify his injuries to spread the risk. Rather than hip, groin, lower back he needs to learn how to do hip, shoulder, ankle.

Reactions: Jim Bob

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres' Bogosian is healthy again and thriving

Zach.jpg

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) - I’ve been saying this since last season ended that we really don’t know what the Sabres have in Zach Bogosian because he hadn’t played one game here healthy. I think we got a glimpse of a healthy Bogosian in San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles and now here in Buffalo.

In just five games Bogosian, Jake McCabe and Rasmus Ristolainen leads the team in blocks shots with 16 and fights with three. He also played fast and added a goal and an assist. Bogosian is happy and relieved to be healthy, “Yes, I feel good. I think it took me a couple of games to catch up to the game speed, but it just feels nice to be out there playing games again that’s for sure.”

Reactions: RedRaider

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I can't gauge this guy. A few years ago, he came off IR and played awesome. Then the next season, he looked bad. Slow decision making, and awful with the puck. Then he gets hurt again. Now he comes back and plays like one of Buffalos better defenceman. What's with this guy?

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I can't gauge this guy. A few years ago, he came off IR and played awesome. Then the next season, he looked bad. Slow decision making, and awful with the puck. Then he gets hurt again. Now he comes back and plays like one of Buffalos better defenceman. What's with this guy?
Maybe when he plays injured he plays bad or good or sometimes good and sometimes bad? :huh:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-12: Zach Bogosian with Jeremy and Sal on WGR (12:13)

#Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian joins Jeremy and Sal next on WGR! Tune in:

Bogosian - the first two periods last night was not the way we wanted to play. We're back on the right side of things now, and hopefully we can build off that. We kept chomping at the bit and Skinner came up in the clutch. #Sabres

Bogosian - I'm 28, which is old now-a-days, but the energy in the room is great. There's great chemistry between the veterans and the kids. I've told the young guys to soak it all in. It flies by fast. #Sabres

Bogosian - We can all play together on the blue line. Whether you're on the left or right side, you can just read off each other. Playing with Dahlin for the last month and a half has been fun. It's all about going out there and playing your game. #Sabres

Bogosian - The last few years didn't go the way any of us would've liked. As a group, I think we've come together even closer. Eichel is a mature 22-year-old captain. We've tried to have honest conversations, and we've done a good job of addressing some team issues. #Sabres

Bogosian - The buzz around the city has been very fun to be a part of. #Sabres

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
In the LA Kings GBU, someone noted they never want to see Bogo attempt an outlet pass when paired with Dahlin. I can't comment on that view, but I've enjoyed watching Bogo drive the net down the right wing without the puck while Dahlin gains the zone from the left side and launches a bomb on net or a pass to the goal mouth for Bogo to deflect.

Reactions: RedRaider

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
When you are actually at a game and can see everything Bogosians on ice leadership really stands out. The coaches love him, the officials respect him and so do his opponents.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I am shocked! Shocked I tell you ...

Shocked and pleased that Bogo hasn’t been out of the lineup. Good for him. I thought he wouldn’t make November. Hope his luck continues.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
One thing I’ll say is that I called out Bogo for being part of the locker room problem, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. Probably the opinion I’ve had that was the most false regarding this team on these boards.

Happy that he’s healthy, effective, and that his teammates love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad