Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Last year I said Boone Jenner but he was hurt majority of the season. So I will say Boone Jenner again for this year. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Also Ryan Murray if he stays healthy. He won't put up big points but his play will show everyone why he was the 2nd overall pick.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
As a reach for the poll, Tavares. Every off season he adds an element to his game. I can see him continuing to improve on faceoffs and esp D play to try and get himself in thag toews convo.

But more for the poll, a reach but i will say ryan pulock. He wont play 82 games but hell get games to make a case to be our pp qb and he will shine

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
It would be amazing if Etem broke out. I'm gonna go with Kevin Hayes though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Cool, thanks. I'm hoping to see a MacKinnon vs. McDavid center matchup. :)

With the way Roy talked about having Soderberg and Grigorenko behind Duchene today, I'm thinking it probably won't happen this season if we stay healthy and Grigorenko doesn't bomb with Patrick coaching him again.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
As a reach for the poll, Tavares. Every off season he adds an element to his game. I can see him continuing to improve on faceoffs and esp D play to try and get himself in thag toews convo.

But more for the poll, a reach but i will say ryan pulock. He wont play 82 games but hell get games to make a case to be our pp qb and he will shine

Kind of goes against the purpose of this thread. I don't see how you can really "breakout" after getting nominated for the Hart. Maybe if he puts up 120+ points.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Nail Yakupov.

McDavid has speed coming in from the right, Hall from the left, and Yak has a rifle of a shot from the slot. If nothing else, they'll be a challenge to defend.

Throw in McLellan and Woodcroft coaching on the PP, and the team at 19th for the PP and the worst PDO should be better. I wouldn't be shocked with a big leap for Nail.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
For the Sharks, I think Tierney. Still developing, his back half of the most recent season was really promising and he ended up with 21 points in his 43 games of the season.

I'm also expecting a breakout/bounce back from Tomas Hertl. Knee completely healed, I'm hoping he get his stick on the puck more and dominates games.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Penguins - Pouliot on defense, and Plotkinov in the top 6.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
I have the odd feeling Gaudreau may just crush his performance of last season. He went 44 in 44 => 51 in 35 => 80 in 40 at college level, getting 1/1.45/2 ppg. 64 points in 80 games (and 9 more in 11 post-season) in his first NHL season might just translate to 80+ the upcoming season.

If thats not break-out-y enough, my money's on Bennett.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Poliout. If he rightfully plays on the 1st PP unit over Letang I expect around 35-40 points of him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ottawa is in such a prime position to have multiple players breakout since they made playoffs last year with youngest core in the league and still weren't really firing on all weapons from their young assets.

Zibanejad
Ceci
Wiercioch
Lazar
Pageau
Puempel
and even Hoffman

can all break out, but by the true definition of the word, I say Ceci and Lazar. The others(aside from Hoffman) might not improve as much to consider it a breakout unless Zibby gets 60 points.

Chris Tierney. Can't wait to see what he does with a full-time roster spot.

Lmfao, this guy huge troll on ig, it's hilarious.

Ceci is close to the age defenseman start getting a lot better. Wiercioch could have a real good year points wise.

Exactly, just put up great season as 20/21 year old and was just better and better as season went on, could put up 35ish points next year as 2 way solid D man. Top pairing ability.

Gunna go with Curtis Lazar. The kid was doing everything right in the defensive and neutral zones all season long, towards the end of the season it looked like he finally got his groove in the offensive zone. I expect around 15 goale and another 20-25 assists.

Agreed, Lazar was just doing so much good for him not to be producing and got half his points in last 14 games. .5 PPG pace. He still might struggle though but if he improves it will be by a lot imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evergreen

Flyers: Couturier. He's shown that he is a top defensive forward in the league, but hasn't put up big offensive numbers yet. I think he'll get more offensive opportunities under Hakstol and put up 50 points.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Buffalo - every player that dresses for them.

Honestly, this was my thought. The offense so improved, just about every player that is still here could see their numbers skyrocket. Ennis, Larsson, Girgensons, Ristolainin - I expect them all to have numbers that surprise people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad