Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Bo Horvat.

Also, Chris Tanev is already a rock-solid top 4 defenceman, but I could see him putting up some points this year and opening more eyes around the league.

Strudel

Dec 6, 2014
Wisconsin
Definitely Teuvo Teravainen;

and maybe Artemy Panarin,

possibly Marko Dano,

Stephen Johns would be a possibility as well.

We are very young next year.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
For the Flames I agree it's probably Sam Bennett but I'm really curious to see how Ferland plays with the experience he gained this past year. He could really develop into a solid all around player.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
For the Capitals it has to be Evgeny Kuznetsov. His play started to pick up halfway through last season, and in the playoffs he really started to show off his crazy offensive skills. Very excited for next season!

Also Andre Burakovsky could have a big year if he plays on the wing, could score a ton of goals.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Montreal

Hopefully : Galchenyuk goes best mode and ends up with a 75 pts season
Whats probably going to happen : between 50-60 pts

Hopefully : Beau takes the n.2 spot next to P.K, puts 40 something point
Whats probably going to happen : He will play top 4 with 20-30 pts

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For the Capitals it has to be Evgeny Kuznetsov. His play started to pick up halfway through last season, and in the playoffs he really started to show off his crazy offensive skills. Very excited for next season!

Also Andre Burakovsky could have a big year if he plays on the wing, could score a ton of goals.

I'm really curious about Burakovsky. Where he will be playing and what's a realistic projection for him.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I'm really curious about Burakovsky. Where he will be playing and what's a realistic projection for him.

I have him penciled in as the 2LW playing with Justin Williams and Kuznetsov (most likely) or maybe Backstrom. But it's possible they try him at center again, in which case he'll be the 3C. In either situation, him and Kuznetsov will likely be running the 2nd PP unit.

Not sure what a realistic projection for him is. Last season his 82 game pace was roughly 14 goals and 34 points, and I think it's likely he exceeds that since he's a year older, and should be playing more minutes with better line mates.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Hoping One of ONeill/Weal/Shore break out for the Kings. Gonna need it.

Would be nice to see if Toffoli and Pearson can top their production as well.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Ennis. Will finally have some real talent to play with, and I think he probably gained some confidence at the WC

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
While I think other players could see a sizeable jump next year with the Avs after the roster that was assembled, MacKinnon is the most likely target for 'breakout Av of the year' at the end of the season. He had a tough sophomore season between injury and inconsistency but still was scoring overall. Another offseason of training, some renewed determination and the rest of the roster getting filled out should help him a lot.

It just remains to be seen how well he gels with Soderberg or if he ends up taking over his own line at center.
Will MacKinnon be playing center this year?

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers - Klefbom (although maybe this is wishful thinking since we really need him to take another step)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad