Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

pwnstick

Jun 25, 2014
I don't expect most to agree with this but I think Brayden Schenn has room to produce more if his skating can come along a little bit. At age 23 I think its still possible he gains some man strength. 46 to 60 perhaps?

Italian President

Aug 13, 2012
Hampus Lindholm. After a couple of season putting up 30-something points, he'll get 45+ (Yes, I'm predicting BB plays him on the top PP more than in previous years).

I think Fowler-Vatanen is going to be the first PP pairing for a very long time.

The Jesus*

Bo Horvat plays half the season as the 3rd line center and puts up 20 points while being good defensively and in the dot.

In the last half, he gets promoted to the 2nd line and finishes the 2nd half of the season with 30 points. Putting up an impressive 50 points in his sophomore season.

He never lets go of the 2c position again.

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Couple players I think will break out next season:

Jonathon Drouin
Eilias Lindholm
Jonathan Huberdeau
Nail Yakupov

Also not really a breakout player but I think Crosby puts up a big bounce back season obviously with Kessel helps and I think all this McDavid talk will motivate him.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Quite possibly one of Chris Krieder (even though that was said last year), JT Miller, Jesper Fast, Kevin Hayes, or even Emerson Etem. I think that Stepan could also put up 70 points and have a career year, provided he stays healthy and finds his top 6 RW. He flirted with a PPG in the lockout year and scored 55 in 68 last year.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Gotta think Tanner Pearson will break out playing with Jeff Carter and Tyler Toffoli. He was well on his way last year until his broken leg totally sidelined him. Hopefully he is fully recovered – his speed was one of his best assets.

I think Jake Muzzin will establish himself as a premier top-playing defender as well, similar to Brent Seabrook.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Sean Monahan.

Money Hands fully realizes his upside and puts up 77 points, silences all doubters and becomes one of the most legit "legit 1C's" in the league.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I really thought the game started slowing down for Kuznetsov by the end of last season and I have a feeling he'll wind up centering Ovechkin's line.

He's the obvious choice for the Caps at this point...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gotta think Tanner Pearson will break out playing with Jeff Carter and Tyler Toffoli. He was well on his way last year until his broken leg totally sidelined him. Hopefully he is fully recovered – his speed was one of his best assets.

I think Jake Muzzin will establish himself as a premier top-playing defender as well, similar to Brent Seabrook.

He already has, it's just that people actually use his advanced stats as evidence of an anomaly instead of support for how freaking good he actually is.

SwissButch

.. ehm no…
Sep 14, 2007
Murten
Not a fan of specific team, but here are some names I could see to breakout:

Zibanejad
Lazar
Rielly
Ristolainen
Horvat
Ellis
Määttä (depends if he's fully recovered to begin the season)
Couturier

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I expect JT Miller to score 20 goals especially if he plays on the Norwegian Wood line with Brassard and Zuccarello. Those two could turn John Scott into a decent middle sixer.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I don't expect most to agree with this but I think Brayden Schenn has room to produce more if his skating can come along a little bit. At age 23 I think its still possible he gains some man strength. 46 to 60 perhaps?

60??? In this low scoring era?????... More like 40, and thats good

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Tampa: Drouin if we do the right thing and put him on the Stamkos line. He could also allow Stamkos to reach the 50 goal mark again.

Dallas: Nichushkin. Wouldn't be surprised to see him return to the Seguin-Benn line, which he was a part of in 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad