Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
For the Oilers, Justin Schultz. I'm betting on McLellan to straighten him out.
With less pressure on the Oilers revamped blueline and the potential to seriously click with McDavid, he could make some noise next season.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I've got to go with Grigorenko. I don't know how you define break out, but MacKinnon has already had 63 points. He'll have to make the jump to ppg to significantly beat what he's already done. I think MacKinnon broke out his rookie year. Grigorenko has loads of talent but hasn't done jack at the NHL level, 14 career points. I think he'll be given every opportunity to put up points in Colorado, and I think he'll get 40+. Just a feeling.

In't a breakout generally the moment you hit your stride, really up your points and become consistent? Mackinnon had a great rookie year and a fairly poor sophomore year. I don't think he "broke out" in year one. Thats just me though. I think if he hit something like 75P and really played consistently all year that would be his real break out and an indication that he's probably turned the corner.

It's almost hard to judge a breakout year for me without seeing what they do following that year. Was David Clarkson's 30G year a breakout? Seems more an anomaly

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Other than the obvious stated my some habs fans, I think we will see a big improvement for De La Rose offensive game. I think a DLR-Eller-Kassian line could be great for the habs if they let them establish chemistry.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Canucks - no one

I expect Horvat to continue progressing as normal and a so-so season for Baertschi

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
Not a player, but hopefully Benning.

Otherwise the Canucks are in for some dark days.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Lindbohm is an intriguing one. What kind of numbers do you expect of him?

I'm not sure on the offensive side. Maybe 10-15 points in 40-50 games. He looked really good in the few games he played last year. He has Top 4 potential, I wouldn't be surprised to see him next to Shattenkirk or Pietrangelo for some time next year, he really worked well as a stay at home guy who can effectively move the puck.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He already has, it's just that people actually use his advanced stats as evidence of an anomaly instead of support for how freaking good he actually is.

We know that he has, Brad. But it's time for the rest of the league to realize it, too.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Calvin de Haan and Travis Hamonic as a pairing for sure. Travis Hamonic had a very good season last year, and I think he could reach around 40 points while playing very good defensively.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
florida:

barkov will solidify himself as a real top two-way center, with 50-60 points and elite defensive play

huberdeau will become a 60-70p winger

kulikov might take that next big step and become a top pairing d-man

kmillzy5

Oct 18, 2008
hmmm
Derrick Pouliot is the obvious choice.. Some pens fans still holding on to that Beau Bennett wagon I see. Just let it go guys:shakehead

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
:wings

Teemu Pulkkinen is the most likely suspect. Scored at will in the AHL this past season, couldn't quite get it going in the NHL but judging by his development curve, maturity level, and starting the season in the NHL under Blashill who knows exactly how to use him, all signs point towards a great chance for a breakout season.

I said Brendan Smith would break out last season and I was wrong about that, but I'll give him a small chance of doing it this next season instead. If anyone on the Wings roster will benefit from a coaching change, it's Smith.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Calvin de Haan and Travis Hamonic as a pairing for sure. Travis Hamonic had a very good season last year, and I think he could reach around 40 points while playing very good defensively.

Good call on Hammer. I know that most recognize him as a solid top-4, but I'm not sure if he's appreciated around the league to the extent that he should be. Not sure if his points will climb much higher but I view him as a younger Boychuk.

With de Haan, he's the total package IMO. If he sees PP time, even 2nd unit, his numbers could really open some eyes.

To a lesser extent, I think Leddy will cement himself around the league as a legit #1. So much talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad