Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

Jawafa

Jul 30, 2007
Manitoba
On the Jets this is what ive got

Adam Lowry: He had a year where he played alot better than his stats showed, and based on his late season play and playoff, i could see him breaking into the 40 point range and really forcing the coaching staff into giving his line more minutes

Mark Scheifele: Assuming he stats healthy i see him jumping into 60 point range, he is the hardest working player every night, it seems his body strength is the only thing holding him back.

Tyler Myers: He will more than likely be the #1 Defenseman playing with enstrom, and if the Jets either trade Byfuglien or move him to the front of the net on the PP so Myers gets on the 1st unit, i could see him putting up 50 -60 points

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Alex Goldchenyuk: hopefully 60+ points

Nate le beau Beaulieu: around 30-35 pts in a top-4 role

Zack the bear Kassian and Devante ''GSP'' Smith-Pelley: if they get 2nd/3rd line minutes and play well, could get around 30 pts... perhaps some crease time on the PP too

Lars mon amour Eller: 40+ points with a pivotal 2-way role that allows the Habs to get rid of Tomas ''little girl'' Plekanec once and for all

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Honestly, this was my thought. The offense so improved, just about every player that is still here could see their numbers skyrocket. Ennis, Larsson, Girgensons, Ristolainin - I expect them all to have numbers that surprise people.

They are probably making the playoffs this season. "shocker special"

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Dumba for MN. HM to Granlund and/or Coyle who both have tons of untapped potential. I expect Dumba to be paired with Suter and prove himself an explosive player with one of best shots on the NHL. He might be paired with Suter so I like his chances.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Already mentioned a few times but Rielly. Has shown too many flashes of elite offensive play in the last half of last season. Should be close to 40 or so points, then up past 50 once the Leafs aren't tanking anymore.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
here are some I think will...

Mikhail Grigorenko(him and MacKinnon both... they will click)
Dmitij Jaskin
David Pastrnak
Val Nichushkin
Boone Jenner
Ryan Strome
Conor Hellebuyck (he will be called up due to injuries and will play unreal and then GM will wonder what the heck do they do now)

*some fans are saying Rielly but I disagree. I think the Leafs will be a terrible team unfortunately and Rielly will struggle.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Hampus Lindholm. After a couple of season putting up 30-something points, he'll get 45+ (Yes, I'm predicting BB plays him on the top PP more than in previous years).

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Morgan Rielly.

Showed he was our best player in the 2nd half of last season. Under a good head coach I think he should crack 40 points and end up playing top pairing minutes.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ristolainen. Kid came on real strong at the end of last season. Logged a ton of minutes when Bogosian was hurt and responded to the increased role/pressure by stepping up every part of his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad