Your Team's Breakout Player Next Season

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
While I think other players could see a sizeable jump next year with the Avs after the roster that was assembled, MacKinnon is the most likely target for 'breakout Av of the year' at the end of the season. He had a tough sophomore season between injury and inconsistency but still was scoring overall. Another offseason of training, some renewed determination and the rest of the roster getting filled out should help him a lot.

It just remains to be seen how well he gels with Soderberg or if he ends up taking over his own line at center.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Jaskin is the guy to watch on the Blues. He'll likely get more ice time with Oshie gone, he just needs to find more consistency.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
I can see Wiercioch scoring 40 points if he stays on the 2nd pair and I have a feeling Matt Puempel will score at least 15 goals. Another good one would be Mika Zibanejad, he scored 46 points but playing with Hoffman/Ryan for the entire year would most likely improve his production if we can resign Hoffman (Which I think we will or swap him for Boedker if Arizona can't reach a deal with him).

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
For the Wings, I think Riley Sheahan. He has all the tools, just needs to put it all together.

mikee*

Teravainen is the obvious guy for the Hawks. They have stated they intend to play him at C, probably third line behind Toews/Anisimov. But he should get consistent PT on the 2nd PP unit (hopefully with Panarin).

Panarin is the best choice for the rookies. I was really impressed with his skill in the WC and he has already excelled in a pro league. I do think Stephen Johns will take a job out of camp and start building towards being a solid top 4 defender. Plenty of other options for the Hawks too, including Dano and TvR (although offensive upside is limited there).

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Gunna go with Curtis Lazar. The kid was doing everything right in the defensive and neutral zones all season long, towards the end of the season it looked like he finally got his groove in the offensive zone. I expect around 15 goale and another 20-25 assists.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
For the Oilers I'm going with RNH.

With McDavid, Lander and Letestu supporting him down the middle, and a more competent defence behind him, I think some pressure will be taken off. I think he can put up above PPG.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Gunna go with Curtis Lazar. The kid was doing everything right in the defensive and neutral zones all season long, towards the end of the season it looked like he finally got his groove in the offensive zone. I expect around 15 goale and another 20-25 assists.
I have JGP having close to 20 goals or so ......Did we just predict one of the better 3rd lines in the east:handclap:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
For the Canucks, Bo Horvat.
His second half of the season he was starting to put up points and play bigger minutes. He should have a bigger role this year with Matthias and Richardson not being re-signed.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Connolly will probably see quite a bit of top-6 and PP time, if there are no RW additions. Wouldn't be surprised to see 20 goals with Krejci or Bergeron feeding him.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Nathan mackinnon hm. Nikita zadorov

I like that pick of Zadorov. He very well could come out like gangbusters. Players seem to do better than when they are not playing on an all-time team for futility! Plus Buffalo's practices and coaching were so bad that many observers told me they have seen junior hockey practices run better. New voices and coaches should help.

:laugh:

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Ceci is close to the age defenseman start getting a lot better. Wiercioch could have a real good year points wise.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I've got to go with Grigorenko. I don't know how you define break out, but MacKinnon has already had 63 points. He'll have to make the jump to ppg to significantly beat what he's already done. I think MacKinnon broke out his rookie year. Grigorenko has loads of talent but hasn't done jack at the NHL level, 14 career points. I think he'll be given every opportunity to put up points in Colorado, and I think he'll get 40+. Just a feeling.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Rielly. I don't think Kadri breaks out, considering he'll likely be playing on the top line with JVR and Panik/PAP, but I'd love to be surprised

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad