Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I know we are all sick of the f***ing Cursed 2015 entry draft but that truly is where the plane started a slow decent down. It was entirely possible to have nabbed 3 superstars in the draft. Hell even if we got just 1, it drastically changes the outlook of the franchise
While I agree they were quality players to be had there. But playing the what if game is fruitless. If they drafted 3 superstars in 2015 the cap ramifications would certainly be taking their toll by now and the core may have been split much sooner than losing Chara/Krejci the pat two seasons.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How is it possible that fans roast a young kid this ruthlessly? Like never f***ing stops. Every roster building thread theres multiple posts wanting him cut for nothing so he can sign in Montreal.

Hes played 4 seasons in the NHL the first 3 were very good. 16, 27, 19 goals.

One bad year.

Im sick of reading this crap we are not going to option a player like that to Providence or let the Leafs have him for a 5th round pick.

I don’t know if the DeBrusk or the Gryz bashing is worse. I guess with DeBrusk you at least have a bad season to point to. Gryz just had one bad game!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
No he doesn't - if he did he would be playing for Montreal, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Ottawa or Toronto. You don't think most of those teams need someone with " the skill to run the 2nd line " ???? :thumbd:

if there aren’t any options that work out (namely the trade Dom is alluding to having potential) and no one has signed him, is it insane to offer a low cap contract for a year? Can’t be any worse then overpaying guys like wags and kuraly the past several year

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
While I agree they were quality players to be had there. But playing the what if game is fruitless. If they drafted 3 superstars in 2015 the cap ramifications would certainly be taking their toll by now and the core may have been split much sooner than losing Chara/Krejci the pat two seasons.
I agree the what if game is a fools errand but if I find myself playing anyways.

As to how it would’ve affect the cap. If you managed to pull Barzal, then bye bye Krejci a few years ago. If they got Chabot, it would’ve been harder to drop Chara earlier but they might have. Like you said. It’s fruitless and ultimately we got next to nothing.

if there aren’t any options that work out (namely the trade Dom is alluding to having potential) and no one has signed him, is it insane to offer a low cap contract for a year? Can’t be any worse then overpaying guys like wags and kuraly the past several year

I missed what Dom said on this. Anyone able to fill me in?

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Jesus. Cut bait and move on. Find his replacement. If he wants to come back, awesome. Talk about a massive depth addition.

Can’t be hoping and wondering if he comes back.

Agreed....but I thought I read he would need to clear waivers. If that's the case Krejci won't be back or will come back and be picked up by another team.

Reactions: Gordoff

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don’t know if the DeBrusk or the Gryz bashing is worse. I guess with DeBrusk you at least have a bad season to point to. Gryz just had one bad game!

I disagree my issues with Gryz are not about one game it is about his over all game. I just feel his lack of a physical game gets exposed come playoff time. I feel he needs to be moved after the Reilly signing ,simply not room for both. Simply feel the D is way to soft as presently constructed.

Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Nurse about to sign a massive extension 8x9.25

I sure hope Sweeney offers McAvoy an extension soon and I also hope it’s not for 9.25

They have really screwed around anything they can do to get him signed below what Hamilton got is a win.

But I am also OK with paying the piper next summer I would put $$ on him winning the Norris.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Remember when some of us thought it’d be a good idea to trade DeBrusk for Nurse a few years back? Imagine THIS cap hit!?! Charlie going to get PAID next year

upload_2021-8-6_13-57-37.jpeg

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Curious to see what Holland does if Klefbom has a great bounce back year. Does he all of a sudden command >$7 a year? He'll be a UFA after 2022-23

There is talk about Klefbom not being able to continue his career playing hockey. I don't know the extent of the injury but a simple search should pull up a few articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad