Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
I don’t know if the DeBrusk or the Gryz bashing is worse. I guess with DeBrusk you at least have a bad season to point to. Gryz just had one bad game!
More like with Gryz you have HF posters and NESN panels shoving the analytics and homegrown boy narratives in people faces every day that it tricks you into thinking he’s a better player than he is. The fact is he is too small and injury prone to play as much as and in the role that he does. The eye test shows the Bruins D has been pushed around and bullied in the playoffs for several consecutive seasons, even with a diminished Chara.

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
Pasta is a world class talent, one of the best players in the world and unless Cassidy wanted to be a member of hfboards he was playing him. Bjork Played a lot but as soon as he had a bad game he was demoted a line or sat on the bench or scratched for the next game and Jake has become fragile under him and bouncing him around from his normal wing to his off-wing, I feel only complicated his struggles.

For me each player is different and its the coach's job to evaluate and play the player to his strength and to help build their confidence and make them better, Imo Cassidy hasn't achieved this with the younger Bruin forwards, including the few he has given the ice time to.

Really vital post TCB!!!

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
There is confusion surrounding this all over the internet because of the change in the Memorandum of Understanding.

The CBA states that if a player (UFA) plays one game in Europe after the start of the NHL season, that player would have to clear waivers before he could play in the NHL. (Section 13.3)

The MOU changes "start of the NHL season" to "through December 15.

In other words, anyone who is a UFA and plays in a Euro league after Dec 15 will require waivers.

I can see why it is confusing

CBA 13.23 amended such that it shall continue to apply to another Club’s RFA but it shall not apply to UFAs who play for a club outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season through and including December 15.

Dom,

IS there any talk between the B's and Ari concerning Dvorak or has that shipped sailed since OEL and Garland trade to Van? TIA

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
soooo any chance his contract has an out & he could leave before the Dec 15th?
Don't know. I guess I could try and find out.

But I would venture to guess it does. What if his wife and kids absolutely do not want to stay? What if they can't make the adjustment? I'm sure he would have thought of that and left himself a way out if necessary.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Bruins are 24th in the NHL in money spent on D.

And the 5-6 guys all have less than 3 years on their deals, so I’m not too worried about it.
yes but no number two guy and not a great #3. This D is very average. Bruins D is usually quite good.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
What's all the rage about Dvorak? Seems like he's got pretty good 3rd liner production and he's still young but are we seriously considering him to be a second line guy?

Can someone enlighten me? I honestly don't know much about him. Good two way game? Character guy? He's a natural center?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Remember when some of us thought it’d be a good idea to trade DeBrusk for Nurse a few years back? Imagine THIS cap hit!?! Charlie going to get PAID next year

View attachment 459712
Wait what?

That's an argument AGAINST trading DeBrusk for Nurse?

For real? You're being sarcastic, right?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Getting Dvorak would be big for multiple reasons. As it stands, if Bergy or even Coyle go down for an extended period of time the team is in a serious pickle. Dvorak would be a great fit given the Bs situation. He already has the talent of a 2C. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet and is relatively cheap for what he brings. Good at both ends of the ice, physical, and good at the dot. Pretty sure his point totals go up on the second line with the Bs. Is good enough to temporarily fill in at 1C if something happens to Bergy. If DS can swing something for him without giving up a 1st then it's a big win for the Bs. Adding Dvorak immediately improves the forward group a good deal, plus he gives the Bs important depth if Bergy or Coyle get injured. All of that said, I think the Coyotes would be foolish to trade him for the reported asking prices being floated around.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Getting Dvorak would be big for multiple reasons. As it stands, if Bergy or even Coyle go down for an extended period of time the team is in a serious pickle. Dvorak would be a great fit given the Bs situation. He already has the talent of a 2C. He hasn't hit his ceiling yet and is relatively cheap for what he brings. Good at both ends of the ice, physical, and good at the dot. Pretty sure his point totals go up on the second line with the Bs. Is good enough to temporarily fill in at 1C if something happens to Bergy. If DS can swing something for him without giving up a 1st then it's a big win for the Bs. Adding Dvorak immediately improves the forward group a good deal, plus he gives the Bs important depth if Bergy or Coyle get injured. All of that said, I think the Coyotes would be foolish to trade him for the reported asking prices being floated around.
Bill Armstrong wants a 1st overall pick for him I bet and why he hasn't been traded yet. Just a gut feeling

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Alright F@#& Sweeney. Normally I'm on your side but I already got blind sided me once with Krejci. I feel like this is just a marketing ploy that he's like "I'll string the fans along until we figure it out, and if it doesn't work its over right?"

Stop it he doesn't say that if hes completely retired.

Taking a regular season off in an Olympic year is smart. Shame it isn't easy for us to do this and not have to fight waiver claims.

Haven't seen a breakdown on what he/we would have to do to facilitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad