Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What kid (forward) has he played (Cassidy) and given a legit shot, other than kuhlman.
Sometimes that's all it takes and they take off. Its real hard for anyone to play, knowing if you make one wrong, bang your back in the press box or on your way to providence.

Debrusk? Pastrnak? Bjork?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Debrusk? Pastrnak? Bjork?

I would say Debrusk and Bjork aren’t good examples. Bjork looked like a different player in Buffalo. With the Bruins he looked so concerned with his defensive play that his confidence on offense disappeared. Debrusk has become so mentally fragile under Bruce, again not saying it’s his fault as there is no evidence of this, that I don’t think he is a great example of a young player blossoming under Bruce.

they have both been in and out of the press box as well as bounced around line to line

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Id bring him back for Providence depth but that ship has sailed.

I know it sailed and it stinks! Some of us saw some great potential. He was neutered by Cassidy but Cassidy was looking for something from Cehlarik that wasn't there. Speed / strong puck pursuit.

He will have that in spades next season.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I would say Debrusk and Bjork aren’t good examples. Bjork looked like a different player in Buffalo. With the Bruins he looked so concerned with his defensive play that his confidence on offense disappeared. Debrusk has become so mentally fragile under Bruce, again not saying it’s his fault as there is no evidence of this, that I don’t think he is a great example of a young player blossoming under Bruce.

they have both been in and out of the press box as well as bounced around line to line

You said young players that were given a legit chance.

Debrusk and Bjork were given legit chances.

Bjork played 138 games for Boston. Kuhlman, who you say has ben given a legit chance, has played 56 games.

Reactions: HumBucker

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Fair enough- I think Carlo is a good player, but for me he hasn't taken that next step. I'd like to see him get a realtively injury free season for starters.
It's weird that you say that because since McAvoy joined the team he has played more games than him. This was the first season he missed more than 10 games.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I feel like the 2019 team had holes but still looked a lot better than this.

Somehow we've gotten worse (personnel wise) as we've come to the end of this cores last run.

Then what was the point? Should have started making moves for the future.

The point is the gate. The point is the concessions. The point is to make the playoffs and see how far the Bruins can go in lining the old man's pocket.

That is the point.

Sweeney isn't Sinden -- thankfully, no one is -- but he's used plenty of duct tape and spackle to sell the idea that a once great core can somehow compete for, and win, a Stanley Cup. All evidence to the contrary.

In a way, I don't blame him. What's he going to do, blow up the team while they still boast an excellent first line and, until recently anyway, superior goaltending?

Yet I don't believe he's been honest about what the Bruins have become: A good to sometimes very good club that nonetheless cannot go deep into the playoffs because a] they aren't built for the playoffs in terms of heavy. punishing play that wears down opponents; b] apart from the first line, they have been a plug and play patchwork of hit and miss for years; and c] they appear to have no clear identity, style or "philosophy" in service of winning.

What they have is a shell of the identity, style and philosophy of winning revived and instilled under Peter Chiarelli and Claude Julien, who continue, absurdly, to receive little credit and much scorn on this board.

What they have is a slow train to nowhere.

If proven wrong I'll say so and apologize to the offended.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
You said young players that were given a legit chance.

Debrusk and Bjork were given legit chances.

Bjork played 138 games for Boston. Kuhlman, who you say has ben given a legit chance, has played 56 games.

That was another poster. I wasn’t referring to the legit chance more the 2nd paragraph where they played without fear of being benched or sent to the press box. I would say both those players more so Debrusk got a legit chance, but ultimately developed into the best player they can be neither have been under Bruce. Both players under Bruce have had some mental struggles whether that’s his fault theirs or a combo I’m not sure.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That was another poster. I wasn’t referring to the legit chance more the 2nd paragraph where they played without fear of being benched or sent to the press box. I would say both those players more so Debrusk got a legit chance, but ultimately developed into the best player they can be neither have been under Bruce. Both players under Bruce have had some mental struggles whether that’s his fault theirs or a combo I’m not sure.

Sorry, didn't realize your post wasn't from the guy I was responding to.

Reactions: Yeti34

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
"It's gonna be new for Sway to come in and potentially be the No. 1. And Ullmark, a new organization, having been a No. 1, how's it gonna play out with him? A different environment here, different expectations. At the end of the day, we're all looking forward to seeing where they're both at.

I like that Cassidy is talking like he expects Sway to come in and have a shot to take over the #1 role.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

I honestly didn’t think Bjork looked like anything special in Buffalo. Kind of more of the same to me. Moments of skill, followed by shift after shift of mediocrity. Eye test only, don’t know what the numbers say or how he was against teams not named the Bruins.

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm here just reading for the most part. Nothing to add to the conversation really. At least nothing anyone wants to hear.

As for those comments. Sucks. But it is what it is. Not every conversation the team is in comes to fruition. Like Dvorak right now. So it's probably best to not say anything about it.

I did have every single signing they made July 28 just 22 hours before hand. @Gee Wally has the proof of that.
Your appreciated, you know that. One question, I don’t want names or facts. Do you think they’re done this off-season?

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
I don't know if he's been brought up recently, but I wonder what pieces could be on their way out in San Jose, and if so what could the Bruins offer for Tomas Hertl.

Would fill the 2c void for a long time and could potentially take over for Bergeron on 1c if he hangs them up any time soon.

I have to think a top level prospect and a first would be the starting point to even get Doug Wilson to pick up the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->