Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What an insane contract...9.25 for 8years?!?!?!

He was solid last year, but that was against a horrible Canadian division...good luck Holland

I understand he was going to be a UFA and you had to overpay...but I still think that's insane
If you kept track of the North's various sub-forums last season, almost all of them had one defenseman that was inconsistent or downright terrible prior the plague season that suddenly shot up in their estimation. I thought the funniest was the Leafs with Holl. Back before the pandemic, I remember Leafs fans saying what a huge surprise he was the first month of the 2020 season. Then when we finally got a look at them, the dude was horrendous and was considered bottom pairing or depth by the end. Fast forward to the 2021 season, playing against the chaff, and he's a legit 2nd pairing guy who made the leap at age 29.

But I'm sure Nurse's transformation is solely due to talent, focus and hard work and not related to playing against lesser competition.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If you kept track of the North's various sub-forums last season, almost all of them had one defenseman that was inconsistent or downright terrible prior the plague season that suddenly shot up in their estimation. I thought the funniest was the Leafs with Holl. Back before the pandemic, I remember Leafs fans saying what a huge surprise he was the first month of the 2020 season. Then when we finally got a look at them, the dude was horrendous and was considered bottom pairing or depth by the end. Fast forward to the 2021 season, playing against the chaff, and he's a legit 2nd pairing guy who made the leap at age 29.

But I'm sure Nurse's transformation is solely due to talent, focus and hard work and not related to playing against lesser competition.

Holl is a great example.

I live in Toronto and people think this guy is the next Vladimir Konstantinov..he was the reason McDavid was shutdown against them in the regular season!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
McDavid 12.5m
Draisaitl 8.5m
Nurse 9.25m*

30.25 million total cap hit!!

Bergeron 6.87m
Marchand 6.12m
Pastrnak 6.66m
Hall 6m

25.65m for above Bruins 4 players. Wow

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
In your opinion, I'm guessing you plug him as your 3rd dman?

Gryz McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forb Moore

?
I like he and Cliffy together when Grizzy got moved up.

Moore is a lefty so his competition is Forbert and Reilly and since he's been injured, I have no idea how he's looked playing on the right side.

Bruins have decisions to make on D and adding a guy who, when healthy, is pretty reliable with a cannon of a shot, only makes us better.

I definitely think he's better than Zboril and Vaak but that's a pricey #7.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think Sweeney is afraid that his D core will end up being hurt. His top 6 paid D are making over 2.75 each. How can you pay 5-6 D that much?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Hopefully stud is the 2c pushes Coyle off that. I just dont see Coyle with hall.
Coyle and Hall should compliment each other's games well. Think of Hall as a Marcus Johansson on steroids. That 3rd line played a big part in the Bruins' playoff success in 2019. There are question marks regarding what version of Coyle we will see, but I think Hall - Coyle - Smith could be a great line. Hall drives the play, can play pass and catch with Coyle, and can feed the puck to Smith. Where Hall is less physical, Coyle makes up for it for getting to the net and being great at possessing the pick along the boards and net. Smith will go on the forecheck and be the shooter on that line. On paper, that's not the most attractive looking 2nd line, but it should work in theory.

As for Studnicka, I don't think he is going to be given a spot on the roster. He's going to have to have one of the best training camps and outplay some of the veteran players for a spot. In my opinion, that should always be the case, but we know how Cassidy is. He will choose the vet who may not be playing so great over putting in the younger player.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Coyle and Hall should compliment each other's games well. Think of Hall as a Marcus Johansson on steroids. That 3rd line played a big part in the Bruins' playoff success in 2019. There are question marks regarding what version of Coyle we will see, but I think Hall - Coyle - Smith could be a great line. Hall drives the play, can play pass and catch with Coyle, and can feed the puck to Smith. Where Hall is less physical, Coyle makes up for it for getting to the net and being great at possessing the pick along the boards and net. Smith will go on the forecheck and be the shooter on that line. On paper, that's not the most attractive looking 2nd line, but it should work in theory.

As for Studnicka, I don't think he is going to be given a spot on the roster. He's going to have to have one of the best training camps and outplay some of the veteran players for a spot. In my opinion, that should always be the case, but we know how Cassidy is. He will choose the vet who may not be playing so great over putting in the younger player.
If they dont want stud then dont ruin him . Trade stud debrusk for dvorak.

Reactions: Buck Smith

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Agreed....but I thought I read he would need to clear waivers. If that's the case Krejci won't be back or will come back and be picked up by another team.

There is confusion surrounding this all over the internet because of the change in the Memorandum of Understanding.

The CBA states that if a player (UFA) plays one game in Europe after the start of the NHL season, that player would have to clear waivers before he could play in the NHL. (Section 13.3)

The MOU changes "start of the NHL season" to "through December 15.

In other words, anyone who is a UFA and plays in a Euro league after Dec 15 will require waivers.

I can see why it is confusing

CBA 13.23 amended such that it shall continue to apply to another Club’s RFA but it shall not apply to UFAs who play for a club outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season through and including December 15.

Buck Smith

May 23, 2016
No stud then trade him away before he rots. So furious not playing the kid. Hes ready

I feel you completely on this post... real talents reach their heights by playing with great players (i.e. Marchy and Pasta r0se that way), so Studs needs to get a solid shot on the second line this season or he´s more worth as trade goods. 'Starting out' with Coyle however is not surprising though... they wan´t to know his true value, they wan´t to secure a solid start given Krejci´s retirement (low risk opening ten games), they probably feed they owe Coyle the shot as a senior/previous contributor, they can´t promise Studs anything that they might not be able to keep, they need to know Studs is in shape after last seasons injuries... etc. It´s just a natural initial stance IMHO... let´s just hope Studs don´t end up in providence for another whole year or only get´s shots on the third or fourth line, or even worse on an off position.

Reactions: Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
There is confusion surrounding this all over the internet because of the change in the Memorandum of Understanding.

The CBA states that if a player (UFA) plays one game in Europe after the start of the NHL season, that player would have to clear waivers before he could play in the NHL. (Section 13.3)

The MOU changes "start of the NHL season" to "through December 15.

In other words, anyone who is a UFA and plays in a Euro league after Dec 15 will require waivers.

I can see why it is confusing

CBA 13.23 amended such that it shall continue to apply to another Club’s RFA but it shall not apply to UFAs who play for a club outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season through and including December 15.
soooo any chance his contract has an out & he could leave before the Dec 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad