Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Debrusk? Pastrnak? Bjork?

Pasta is a world class talent, one of the best players in the world and unless Cassidy wanted to be a member of hfboards he was playing him. Bjork Played a lot but as soon as he had a bad game he was demoted a line or sat on the bench or scratched for the next game and Jake has become fragile under him and bouncing him around from his normal wing to his off-wing, I feel only complicated his struggles.

For me each player is different and its the coach's job to evaluate and play the player to his strength and to help build their confidence and make them better, Imo Cassidy hasn't achieved this with the younger Bruin forwards, including the few he has given the ice time to.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Pasta is a world class talent, one of the best players in the world and unless Cassidy wanted to be a member of hfboards he was playing him. Bjork Played a lot but as soon as he had a bad game he was demoted a line or sat on the bench or scratched for the next game and Jake has become fragile under him and bouncing him around from his normal wing to his off-wing, I feel only complicated his struggles.

For me each player is different and its the coach's job to evaluate and play the player to his strength and to help build their confidence and make them better, Imo Cassidy hasn't achieved this with the younger Bruin forwards, including the few he has given the ice time to.

Head coaches job is to win games.

Reactions: Gee Wally

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We really still have Jake DeBrusk?

How is this possible?

How is it possible that fans roast a young kid this ruthlessly? Like never f***ing stops. Every roster building thread theres multiple posts wanting him cut for nothing so he can sign in Montreal.

Hes played 4 seasons in the NHL the first 3 were very good. 16, 27, 19 goals.

One bad year.

Im sick of reading this crap we are not going to option a player like that to Providence or let the Leafs have him for a 5th round pick.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's weird that you say that because since McAvoy joined the team he has played more games than him. This was the first season he missed more than 10 games.

I don't find it weird given that Carlo has missed large stretches including crucial playoff stretches. Mac has missed some games, one significant injury that kept him out a bit, but more of the couple game variety more like Grizz. Anyway, we differ on this, but don't get me wrong, I like Carlo a great deal and think he's a good player. I also think there is another level to his game that I would like to see him attain.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
2 for sure, that loss to the Blues will live in infamy. Hawks was understandable, we could’ve won, but it’s the Hawks, bergeron was Critically injured and we had daugavins playing significant minutes - oh not to mention Claude felt Seguin needed to be sent to purgatory even though Horton’s shoulder was shot.

But the blues loss is inexcusable and just adds salt in the wound of poor draft choices and some bad contracts/trades (some of which was bad luck, two first rounders for guys who’s careers came to a halt because of concussion)

game 7 home ice better team coming off a 5-1 win. Absolutely awful and likely their last chance with Bergeron on the team, certainly Rask and Krejci’s last chance.

that one really hurts. It was right there on a satin pillow, and they blew it. It’s why they’ll be remembered as very good team and not a great one.

I don't disagree,2019 stung a lot for me too. At the same time, that's sports. Shit happens like that all the time across all leagues at all levels. I just have never understood the complaining and criticism continually levelled at the team (players/staff/management) when they are among hockey's most successful teams over the last decade. Has it all been good? No, but if it were possible to get everything right all the time for someone, we would have a dynasty team and that hasn't happened in a long time in the NHL. Too many teams, too much high level competition etc.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
I lost faith in PLD during his last game with the Jackets when he completely sand bagged his
"performance". To me that type of attitude isn't a professional hockey player and I don't care how pissed off at Torts he was. Worse, he stunk in Winnipeg too with 8 goals in 41 games and a -6. Considering his father is an assistant coach with AHL Manitoba you'd think he would have been more motivated. Sorry, not a fan and I don't think he'd fit here.

If Calgary are going to shake it up and deal Tkachuk to STL I wonder if we could get involved and somehow get Robert Thomas in exchange for JDB? I like Thomas in the middle and think he's on the verge of a quiet 4th year breakout. That wouldn't be wasting JDB and he'd be out west and back in Province. It would be a realistic exchange and an investment as opposed to a hope and prayer on an older run down vet.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if Alex Galchenyuk is worth a look, had some ok season’s. Pedigree is there

I mentioned his name before he has the skill to run the 2nd line only 27.

No he doesn't - if he did he would be playing for Montreal, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Ottawa or Toronto. You don't think most of those teams need someone with " the skill to run the 2nd line " ???? :thumbd:

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Florida working on extension with Barkov. There goes the player they would need. I’m really starting to afraid that they will lose the prime of the Pasta and McAvoy with poor management. Replacing Bergeron will be hard with same caliber player. The ufa market is full of guys who can produce in the 2nd line, but no way first liners…

The management have lost totally one of the most talented draft for ages. They had 3 picks and had zero talent. And there was lots of talent available. If 2015 draft had been executed by professionals they would have decent core (or valuable assets to trade) even without DK and Prime-Bergy.

And as they dont have any valuable assets they can trade just third of fourth liners or guys who are more like lottery tickets than NHL players.

Last edited:

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Florida working on extension with Barkov. There goes the player they would need. I’m really starting to afraid that they will lose the prime of the Pasta and McAvoy with poor management. Replacing Bergeron will be hard with same caliber player. The ufa market is full of guys who can produce in the 2nd line, but no way first liners…

The management have lost totally one of the most talented draft for ages. They had 3 picks and had zero talent. And there was lots of talent available. If 2015 draft had been executed by professionals they would have decent core (or valuable assets to trade) even without DK and Prime-Bergy.

And as they dont have any valuable assets they can trade just third of fourth liners or guys who are more like lottery tickets than NHL players.

I know we are all sick of the f***ing Cursed 2015 entry draft but that truly is where the plane started a slow decent down. It was entirely possible to have nabbed 3 superstars in the draft. Hell even if we got just 1, it drastically changes the outlook of the franchise

Reactions: Bodit9

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How is it possible that fans roast a young kid this ruthlessly? Like never f***ing stops. Every roster building thread theres multiple posts wanting him cut for nothing so he can sign in Montreal.

Hes played 4 seasons in the NHL the first 3 were very good. 16, 27, 19 goals.

One bad year.

Im sick of reading this crap we are not going to option a player like that to Providence or let the Leafs have him for a 5th round pick.

Amen. It’s f***ing bonkers the amount of hate he gets. I get it…. Every roster needs a whipping boy but the takes over a player coming off his first bad season are absurd.

I guess no one learned from giving away Smith.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I know we are all sick of the f***ing Cursed 2015 entry draft but that truly is where the plane started a slow decent down. It was entirely possible to have nabbed 3 superstars in the draft. Hell even if we got just 1, it drastically changes the outlook of the franchise

Thanks for that.

I think it is crucial that the draft from 2015 is mentioned multiple times every freakin' day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille