Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
how do people still blame Rask for that series?????

its not based in reality, it’s the #1 thing a Bruin fan can do to make me completely disregard their opinion

Line 1. Line 1 alone. That’s who deserves the blame. Not Cassidy for icing one marginal player over another. Not Rask who was the best player in the entire playoffs that year. It is on the best line in hockey performing an absolute no-show 5 on 5 over 7 games (the bad stretch of playoff 5 on 5 for them was honestly longer than that, but those 7 games are the important focus of this discussion)

1000%

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
the only problem is Chia isn’t a GM we can take advantage of
Cap space wasn’t a problem back then now the number of teams up against the cap is an issue - DeBrusk qualifier will be $4.4 M as well

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
the only problem is Chia isn’t a GM we can take advantage of

I know a lot of people are down on him...but I'm not even talking about taking advantage of someone, I'd say 2 2nds is fair for a guy with a down year that is still young and already proved he can put up 25+ goals in a season.

But anyways, Bruins have notably blown through assets and turned them to nothing, so wouldn't be at all surprised if Debrusk turns out the same, and goes on to have a decent career elsewhere.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
how do people still blame Rask for that series?????

its not based in reality, it’s the #1 thing a Bruin fan can do to make me completely disregard their opinion

Line 1. Line 1 alone. That’s who deserves the blame. Not Cassidy for icing one marginal player over another. Not Rask who was the best player in the entire playoffs that year. It is on the best line in hockey performing an absolute no-show 5 on 5 over 7 games (the bad stretch of playoff 5 on 5 for them was honestly longer than that, but those 7 games are the important focus of this discussion)
Rask is gone.

Whole team is to blame at this point, but if we are going there, let's just sell Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak, too. Then everyone's happy. Everyone's gone. Shane Wright is supposed to be pretty good.

Reactions: Serge and Gordoff

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I’m wondering if we should take a serious run at Eichel. I don’t think Buffalo is going to receive the amazing package they are looking for. If we can swoop in at the right time with a decent package it could be a real steal. I was reading the quotes on his potential surgery and it sounds like he could be back pretty quickly. With guys like Barkov ready to re-sign I’m wondering if this is one of our only chances to grab a franchise Center.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I’m wondering if we should take a serious run at Eichel. I don’t think Buffalo is going to receive the amazing package they are looking for. If we can swoop in at the right time with a decent package it could be a real steal. I was reading the quotes on his potential surgery and it sounds like he could be back pretty quickly. With guys like Barkov ready to re-sign I’m wondering if this is one of our only chances to grab a franchise Center.
IMO the reason Buffalo isn't likely to get what they want is that teams are wary of his health situation. Otherwise he'd probably have been dealt by now.

I wouldn't trade for him, personally.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
If they are not going to give Debrusk a real chance then why not trade him. His value is low but even if he comes out lighting the lamp often no one is going to give up too much just based on recent performance. I do not believe he fits into Cassidy's plans for the upcoming season.

Remove the 3.675 mil from the salary cap to give some flexibility. Maybe a 2c replacement or a good LD could possibly be acquired.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So... he's a rental then if we sell him. Rentals usually fetch picks back at the very least.
I’m bummed DeBrusk is so lost - really wanted him to be a player and he sure looked it through two years. Hopefully he gets it back I’m certain all related to concussions

aside - are you Brighton in SIM?

Reactions: HustleB

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I’m bummed DeBrusk is so lost - really wanted him to be a player and he sure looked it through two years. Hopefully he gets it back I’m certain all related to concussions

aside - are you Brighton in SIM?
Yep, I am! Hit me up if you have any trade ideas

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I waver back and forth on Eichel. Obviously his health is the big question mark. Taking all things into consideration, I've recently been leaning toward wanting the Bs to make a serious run at the guy. If the surgery is successful, which is very likely from what I can tell, then the Bs have a very elite center until 2026 when Jack will still only be 28 years old. It's scary to think what kind of offensive numbers the guy will put up on a competent team. You make a very good point about the availability of franchise centers. There just aren't going to be many available, and if one does become available the amount a team will have to pay for an elite franchise center will certainly be more than the $10 million cap hit per season of Eichel over next 5 years. Nothing in the way of an elite center in the Bs pipeline combined with Bergy getting older and the Bs not even having a bonafide 2C at the moment are big factors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad