Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I think Donny is gonna give a good chance for full time employment opportunities to stud and vaak. Thats the plan. He's on vacation maybe texting Adams time to time in regards to jack. Thats all about it folks.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I would have tempted them to take DeBrusk or Craig Smith while protecting Lauzon.
absolute nonsense. Smith is one of the best contracts in the NHL. Lauzon is a promising, but currently flawed D. He was our worst active defenseman down the stretch. Some of that was due to injury, but it would be asinine to give up a tremendous value like Smith to keep a borderline NHL D.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would have tempted them to take DeBrusk or Craig Smith while protecting Lauzon.
The Craig Smith one is tough, because now you have a hole at 2RW again that was unfilled for years, but at the end of the day that is exactly the path I would have gone. 4+4+1. Maybe you even convince Coyle to waive for expansion only. With an injured knee and an average value contract he wasn't really at risk of being selected over DeBrusk, Zboril and Clifton. Then you protect, the top line and Smith we'd be in a better spot I think.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Lauzon and Forbort are the same player essentially. Don’t need both. Also laughable people here doing all they can to throw Gryz away. He’s our #1 LD for the foreseeable future, now should he be slotted there? Likely no, but you can bet he’s not a player the Bruins move.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
absolute nonsense. Smith is one of the best contracts in the NHL. Lauzon is a promising, but currently flawed D. He was our worst active defenseman down the stretch. Some of that was due to injury, but it would be asinine to give up a tremendous value like Smith to keep a borderline NHL D.
What?

I like Craig Smith and always have. In fact, he would have been my fourth forward if to wasn't for Coyle's pesky disqualifying contract clauses.

But what exaggeration!

One of the best contracts in the NHL? He doesn't have one of the best contracts on the Boston Bruins! He's ideally a third line forward - Sweeney just signed two of those a week ago.

Lauzon is a borderline NHL defenceman? The same guy who effectively played on the top pair for significant time this season?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Lauzon and Forbort are the same player essentially. Don’t need both. Also laughable people here doing all they can to throw Gryz away. He’s our #1 LD for the foreseeable future, now should he be slotted there? Likely no, but you can bet he’s not a player the Bruins move.
Forbert is much better then lauzon I don't know why all the love for him for now. Let zboril find his game he probably better then the 2 . Work on that 2c donny ! If not play stud full time and I mean full time no benching no press box no sent downs !

Reactions: bbfan419

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
What?

I like Craig Smith and always have. In fact, he would have been my fourth forward if to wasn't for Coyle's pesky disqualifying contract clauses.

But what exaggeration!

One of the best contracts in the NHL? He doesn't have one of the best contracts on the Boston Bruins! He's ideally a third line forward - Sweeney just signed two of those a week ago.

Lauzon is a borderline NHL defenceman? The same guy who effectively played on the top pair for significant time this season?
I'm agreeing with every point here.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Well if Gryz is your #1 LD ?? No need to have any Stanley Cup aspersions . I feel LD is still the biggest weakness on this team.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What?

But what exaggeration!

as somebody who likes Lauzon and wants him back the second he was taken away from McAvoy he was badly exposed

I also wouldn’t have protected Lauzon for Smith. I think they made the correct call there. However I can see the other side of it, there’s certainly more upside with keeping Lauzon

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What?

But what exaggeration!

I think both players are in similar situations. Both are NHL players who play in spots they aren’t bad in but you could see them being easily upgraded? In a perfect world, Smith is on the 3rd line and Lauzon isn’t playing on your top pair.

Both are clear upgrades over what we have there currently though.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
The Lauzon talk is basically reaffirming why I think that article is throwing crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

For starters, I agree with the Bruins protected list for the Seattle expansion draft. I understand the Gryz is undersized, but in my opinion he’s a better player than Lauzon.

I understand that the Bruins may want him back, but where does Lauzon play? Does he play on the right side bottom pair? Because if it’s not the right side than someone on the left is either sitting or in a potential deal.

They didn’t just commit to Forbort and Reilly for 3x3 to move them, or have them ride the pine with Moore ($5.75 cap hit in the press box). So is Gryz part of a potential trade?

I just find the whole thing strange, I feel like Forbort is Lauzon’s replacement. Just doesn’t add up in any way IMO.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
The Lauzon talk is basically reaffirming why I think that article is throwing crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

For starters, I agree with the Bruins protected list for the Seattle expansion draft. I understand the Gryz is undersized, but in my opinion he’s a better player than Lauzon.

I understand that the Bruins may want him back, but where does Lauzon play? Does he play on the right side bottom pair? Because if it’s not the right side than someone on the left is either sitting or in a potential deal.

They didn’t just commit to Forbort and Reilly for 3x3 to move them, or have them ride the pine with Moore ($5.75 cap hit in the press box). So is Gryz part of a potential trade?

I just find the whole thing strange, I feel like Forbort is Lauzon’s replacement. Just doesn’t add up in any way IMO.
Agreed. Don't see where he fits.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
LOL. Murphy...

BHN Puck Links: Are Bruins Out Of Jack Eichel Trade Sweepstakes?

I just had to click. I couldn't help myself. Check out his Bruins Eichel "proposal" at the bottom of that section:

"If the Bruins were willing to part with young forward Zach Senyshyn, defenseman Jakub Zboril or fellow rearguard Urho Vaakanainen and a first round pick, would that pry Eichel away from the Sabres?
That may sound like a ton to the Bruins prospects junkies..."

Not only is that a pile of trash, but apparently the salary cap doesn't exist in Jimmy's universe.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
LOL. Murphy...

BHN Puck Links: Are Bruins Out Of Jack Eichel Trade Sweepstakes?

I just had to click. I couldn't help myself. Check out his Bruins Eichel "proposal" at the bottom of that section:

"If the Bruins were willing to part with young forward Zach Senyshyn, defenseman Jakub Zboril or fellow rearguard Urho Vaakanainen and a first round pick, would that pry Eichel away from the Sabres?
That may sound like a ton to the Bruins prospects junkies..."

Not only is that a pile of trash, but apparently the salary cap doesn't exist in Jimmy's universe.

What is so interesting is it seems like this proposal could be a couple of years old. I mean, there is no one who follows the Bruins even in a casual fashion that would propose that deal today. None. It is embarrassing.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

The only addition to this blue line that makes sense is a legit 2, maybe 3 that can play 20-24 minutes per game in all situations that comes here as part of a package that includes Grzelcyk.

No more 4/5/6 guys.

??? - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton/Zboril

Otherwise just go with Grzelcyk and use him and Forbort with McAvoy situationally late in games.

Reactions: bme44 and FONZIE

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What?

But what exaggeration!

What defenseman can't play 1st pair minutes next to McAvoy? Lauzon was not particularly effective in that role. You countered an exaggeration with another.

Lauzon/McAvoy - 320 minutes, EVEN
Zboril/McAvoy - 114 minutes, +4
Gryz/McAvoy - 338 minutes, +13

If you want to go fancy stats instead of end results Lauzon does squeeze ahead of Zboril/McAvoy... but no where near Gryz/McAvoy.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
People calling Gryz our #1 LD is laughable. The guy is a borderline #4, best suited for a 5-6.

Having him on our top pair assures us we will not get past round 2......having him on our top pair and no Krejci replacement is a slap in the face to Bergy, Marshy, etc.

Sweeney mismanaged this cap like nothing I've ever seen before in my life.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
People calling Gryz our #1 LD is laughable. The guy is a borderline #4, best suited for a 5-6.

Having him on our top pair assures us we will not get past round 2......having him on our top pair and no Krejci replacement is a slap in the face to Bergy, Marshy, etc.

Sweeney mismanaged this cap like nothing I've ever seen before in my life.

Pretty much this.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Dizzay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad