Sway

this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5-1.png

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Stud is 22 when do they want him to start 26 ?? This is a epic disaster
Dude, I like the positive vibe much better. I feel like it suits the true you. It hasn't been perfect this offseason, I went from praising the improvements to bemoaning the loss of our second line center and agreeing with many of the naysayers that we may have taken a step back. But ultimately I was ready for Studnicka to prove he was 2C worthy last year. This year if he forces his way into the middle 6 with his 10 extra pounds, it goes along way. If he doesn't do it this year then he was probably never as good a prospect as I thought. On D, we have one hole. It's a major one, but we started last year with the same hole. I get it there is risk this year. It could be bad. But it could also be good. Things are never as good or bad as they seem, so take solace and bounce back with a half full outlook again. I need you to come back from the darkside!

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Dude, I like the positive vibe much better. I feel like it suits the true you. It hasn't been perfect this offseason, I went from praising the improvements to bemoaning the loss of our second line center and agreeing with many of the naysayers that we may have taken a step back. But ultimately I was ready for Studnicka to prove he was 2C worthy last year. This year if he forces his way into the middle 6 with his 10 extra pounds, it goes along way. If he doesn't do it this year then he was probably never as good a prospect as I thought. On D, we have one hole. It's a major one, but we started last year with the same hole. I get it there is risk this year. It could be bad. But it could also be good. Things are never as good or bad as they seem, so take solace and bounce back with a half full outlook again. I need you to come back from the darkside!
Believe it or not I dont think donny is as much as a problem as many here believe. I think its bruce wouldn't mind changing the coach. There I said it. Bring back claude.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Like I said Bruce notalmighty got outcoached 2019 cup finals . I blame him for that series loss. We had that cup and he spilled it away. Hurry up pencil kuhlman on the team we know your gonna do it. What a f=#&$! Moron.
The cup was lost because the first line didn’t do anything. Sorry! Them are the facts.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Coyle, Foligno, and Haula deserve a shot there. They could put up 50-60 points centering that line without Brad or Pasta and people would still be insulting them nonstop on here and saying they are still just a 3rd line center.

Our depth killed us vs the Islanders. I think people will have to be OK that lines 2/3/4 might all be very good and there won't be a clear cut 2nd.

I expect DK back after the Olympics tbh.

That's interesting per David. He didn't sign his retirement papers, true.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
The cup was lost because the first line didn’t do anything. Sorry! Them are the facts.
We should have steamrolled that team 4 game to 1 with the team we had. They roped a dope with us and when team isnt performing change lines and kuhlman the savior isnt the answer all the time. Heck when tukka let that softie in game 2 I would have started halak. Do something. Bruce was a deer in the headlights that series no changes other then the kuhlman in kuhlman out strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would consider Carlo as a great player. Also his impact on McAvoy was very noticeable this season. In the 27 games he played, McAvoy had 5 goals 17 assists for 22 points. In the 29 games Carlo missed, McAvoy had 0 goals and 8 assists. Also 8 of those games were against Buffalo and he had 4 of the assists in those games. He did put up good numbers in the 3 games without Carlo in the playoffs but was a -5.

Fair enough- I think Carlo is a good player, but for me he hasn't taken that next step. I'd like to see him get a realtively injury free season for starters.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm here just reading for the most part. Nothing to add to the conversation really. At least nothing anyone wants to hear.

As for those comments. Sucks. But it is what it is. Not every conversation the team is in comes to fruition. Like Dvorak right now. So it's probably best to not say anything about it.

I did have every single signing they made July 28 just 22 hours before hand. @Gee Wally has the proof of that.

Dom, keep posting. You're great. Ignore the dopes.

Also, the Amigos might want to ride again at some point, disecting the B's moves, needs, etc. Put a bee in Kirk's bonnet.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
This team as posted is a cup contender.
This team with Krejci back for the playoffs in the cap circumvention move of the year (Tampa obviously won this unnamed award last year), will waltz through their foes like a hot knife on butter.

I like the make up of this lineup. Deep.
Bring it on!

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Not bad sarcasm there- props to you. What would stop all the excesssive criticism of the team to you? Five Cups? Three? Just one more?

2 for sure, that loss to the Blues will live in infamy. Hawks was understandable, we could’ve won, but it’s the Hawks, bergeron was Critically injured and we had daugavins playing significant minutes - oh not to mention Claude felt Seguin needed to be sent to purgatory even though Horton’s shoulder was shot.

But the blues loss is inexcusable and just adds salt in the wound of poor draft choices and some bad contracts/trades (some of which was bad luck, two first rounders for guys who’s careers came to a halt because of concussion)

game 7 home ice better team coming off a 5-1 win. Absolutely awful and likely their last chance with Bergeron on the team, certainly Rask and Krejci’s last chance.

that one really hurts. It was right there on a satin pillow, and they blew it. It’s why they’ll be remembered as very good team and not a great one.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I’m sure I’ll get crucified for this, but I honestly don’t think a Hall Coyle Smith second line is that terrible.

There’s a lot of hope it works out going on, but I just feel like Hall and Coyle could really own the puck, add in Smith’s unrelenting attack and I genuinely think they could be really effective.

We all prefer to have Krejci back, but you could do worse than Coyle in my opinion. They could totally crash and burn, but I’m really looking forward to seeing Coyle this year following the surgery. If he comes back to form I think they could surprise a lot of us.

I'm a big Coyle fan, and I like Smith a lot. They should certainly try it, but I'm not certain it will work with Hall. It may, I don't know.

They should give them a decent amount of time to work things out, build chemistry if it's there. If not, I would move on.

Why? Because although Hall played very well after his acquistion, he was playing with the deft Mr. K. Coyle is not David. None of these guys are.

I worry a bit that Hall is somewhat fragile after his experiences elsewhere. He needs a centre who really knows what they're doing, and can dish him the puck in crafty fashion.

I don't believe the Bruins have that kind of 2C centre at present. I would still like to see how Jack might fill the role. I wish they would bring in a legit 2C, but that's unlikely if Sweeney puts all his stock in "second centre by committee."

This half assed approach didn't work with 2LW for years under Sweeney. It won't work at 2C, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad