Your pick for worst team in the league this season?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canucks faced the Flames in a pre season game when the Flames main line up was in China, as you can imagine, the Canucks were facing a bunch AHLers and NHL tryouts with Vancouver having NHL level players in that line up in that game, Flames had 0 NHlers (again they were in China) and the Canucks got badly out played by a bunch of NON Nhlers, gg Canucks 2019 Season, hello draft lottery. can't get lower then that, I challenge any team to have a crappier result then to lose to a bunch of AHL ers?

Tampa Bay had most of their NHL regulars in (Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Hedman, McDonaugh, etc...) and lost badly to the Canes AHLrs the first game of the pre-season. Last night, the Predators said they were using this game as a tune-up for the regular season and had most of their NHL regulars and got beat by a mostly AHL Canes squad (4-1 and outshot them 42-29).

I'm not saying Canucks will be good, just saying that in pre-season, sometimes guys that are AHL bound play extra hard trying to make an impression and NHLrs don't give it their all.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m gonna say Detroit.

But it’ll probably be some team nobody is really considering that takes some bad injuries and goes into a tailspin.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The sad part is Ottawa doesn't even have their first round pick this year...

This situation happened to Toronto in the 80's and holy shit that stunk.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Islanders roster is brutal, maybe Ottawa will get to be that bad after a few more trades but the Islanders are there now

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Yea. Barzal eberle lee bailey beauvilier pulock leddy. Brutal.... clearly worse than ottawa??
Maybe I'll be wrong but those 7 guys were a combined -84 last year with Tavares playing 82 games

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I hate to say it and agree, but Ottawa. Not only do they only have a handful of decent NHL players, their locker room is in shambles and their goalie is older than dirt and coming off of an awful year himself. It's just got bad news written all over this.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm picking Vancouver. Without the Sedins they're young blue chip forwards are going to struggle and the others are just garbage. I know a lot of their fans want to tank and get the best chance at Hughes, caution from a Sabres fan, blue chip prospects put into a cycle of losing without much GOOD veteran support get damaged, their development is stunted. All they have to guide the kids is Edler, Tanev and Sutter and both Tanev and Edler most likely don't play full seasons. Their goaltending is crap as well.

Ottawa obviously will give them a run for their money.

Definitely Vegas. Just like last year!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Who is going to score more than 20 goals on the Habs? Galchenyuk didn't work out as a #1 C so they are like "guys we need Max Domi it's perfect". wtf

Gallagher
Tatar
Byron

Probably another 1 from Drouin or Lehkonen.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
The Rangers will be dog**** and Hank's sparkling career save percentage will come crumbling down.

Is there a single forward or defenseman on that roster that strikes fear into you?

The Metro is a savage division. Unrest In Distress, Rangers
Neh we will be mediocre but not the worst. We have a decent forward group, lack a top offensive forward, average defensive group, lack a #1D. We have a good goalie.
Zuccarello, Zib, Kreider, Buchnevich are all good players. Spooner, Namestnikov, Hayes etc can produce offensively aswell. Chytil is talented as hell and has looked unreal in preseason and training camp. We lack elite players both on d and in the forward group but its not that bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad