Your pick for worst team in the league this season?

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I've played and been around hockey enough in my life to know that situations like the one in Ottawa usually results in the players banding together and playing like a team.

Monreal is out and out horrible and their self entitled fan base will turn on them and create a exceptionally ugly environment to play in. Maybe they'll sign a bunch of guys from Quebec to appease the fan base?

Montreal could be Av's bad from 2 years ago.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Even as a Wings fan, I know they won't be very good this year - although it is encouraging that they're 5-0 in the pre-season and the young guys are playing well.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
The only reason I don't think Ottawa is their coach Boucher.

On paper they are complete junk, but these lesser talented players are the ones who buy into Guy Boucher's super boring trap game.

My vote goes to Arizona.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver, because while we have added Pettersson he'll likely only replace the scoring of one Sedin. Add to the fact that our goaltending is still terrible and the defence didn't improve, we're in for one hell of a season

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I've played and been around hockey enough in my life to know that situations like the one in Ottawa usually results in the players banding together and playing like a team.

Monreal is out and out horrible and their self entitled fan base will turn on them and create a exceptionally ugly environment to play in. Maybe they'll sign a bunch of guys from Quebec to appease the fan base?

Montreal could be Av's bad from 2 years ago.
Tell us how you really feel...

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
The only reason I don't think Ottawa is their coach Boucher.

On paper they are complete junk, but these lesser talented players are the ones who buy into Guy Boucher's super boring trap game.

My vote goes to Arizona.

Not mine. With the way they finished last season and if Raanta continues to play like a top tier goaltender, I think they could be one of the final West playoff teams.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I think Detroit is going under the radar with how much of a continuous train wreck Ottawa has been this off season. Still say Ottawa though.

Reactions: Hockeyfan2390

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
People are sleeping on the Isles imo. They have just as good a case as being the Worst.

They look like they assembled the ultimate goon squad with no talent outside of Barzal. Barzal will be heavily protected this year. If anyone even breathes on him, they gettin jumped immediately lmao

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Habs have Price. He should inflate the win total. And I really can’t see the Habs as total doormats.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canucks faced the Flames in a pre season game when the Flames main line up was in China, as you can imagine, the Canucks were facing a bunch AHLers and NHL tryouts with Vancouver having NHL level players in that line up in that game, Flames had 0 NHlers (again they were in China) and the Canucks got badly out played by a bunch of NON Nhlers, gg Canucks 2019 Season, hello draft lottery. can't get lower then that, I challenge any team to have a crappier result then to lose to a bunch of AHL ers.

Ottawa / Vancouver will be battling for his hughes

Ottawa can't as their pick is with Colorado. sad right?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Rangers will be dog**** and Hank's sparkling career save percentage will come crumbling down.

Is there a single forward or defenseman on that roster that strikes fear into you?

The Metro is a savage division. Unrest In Distress, Rangers
No. The Rangers aren’t as good as their divisional rivals but they’ll be ok.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I'm picking Vancouver. Without the Sedins they're young blue chip forwards are going to struggle and the others are just garbage. I know a lot of their fans want to tank and get the best chance at Hughes, caution from a Sabres fan, blue chip prospects put into a cycle of losing without much GOOD veteran support get damaged, their development is stunted. All they have to guide the kids is Edler, Tanev and Sutter and both Tanev and Edler most likely don't play full seasons. Their goaltending is crap as well.

Ottawa obviously will give them a run for their money.

Lets not forget we signed Fourth line veteran plugs as well..
Vancouver, easily.
They'll essentially have 70% of their roster as either castoffs, overpaid 4th line vets and rookies.

People forget they were like a 70-74 point team with the ghosts of the Sedins in their lineup. They lost 2/3 of their top scorers from last season :laugh:

More like we lost 3. Tomas Vanek was also top in our scoring..

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
People are sleeping on the Isles imo. They have just as good a case as being the Worst.

They look like they assembled the ultimate goon squad with no talent outside of Barzal. Barzal will be heavily protected this year. If anyone even breathes on him, they gettin jumped immediately lmao

Anders Lee is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. Scored 40 last year and 34 the year before

Josh Bailey is an excellent 2 way forward with a lot of offensive skills and his game pretty much works with anyone. While I don’t think he’s quite the point producer we saw last year, he still puts up offense and is a legit top6 forward

Eberle is good for 20+ goals and 50+ pts.
Brock Nelson is good for 20+ goals.

Beauvillier is a legit scoring threat with tons of skill and already a really good 2way forward.

I’m not saying they won’t be a lottery/bubble team but To say they have no talent outside of Barzal is false.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Habs through the first 20 games
Canucks through 40/60 games
Sens make a late surge after selling everyone/thing at the TDL and finish last after 82 games

Woe Canada

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Jersey. The vast majority of people are expecting big things from them this season. I don't see it, I think they win the title of best odds to land Jack. And since they have Taylor Hall, the draft lottery leprechaun, they'll have their third 1st overall pick on the team, this time a generational one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad