GDT: Young Stars Game 3! Oilers vs Jets 12:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
After watching this tournament, I guarantee if we drafted Bennett, we would be complaining about how badly we need a player like Draisaitl going forward.

From Memorial Cup to now, he just continues to dominate (and make it look lazy)

McDeathbyCheerios*

And it's not even his point total that impresses me!
He has great hands, is a great skater, hard working at both ends of the ice and seems to have a good hockey iq. I definitely see him as a good late bloomer and hope he continues to improve. Could be very good for us in Bakersfield.

Jun 9, 2011
It was pretty funny when Winnipeg was dominating us at the beginning and Gene said something like 'it looks like Winnipeg had their Wheaties for breakfast, and ours too.'

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Christoffer's been good.

But he's a 21 year old smaller forward who put up a sub PPG season as an overager in the WHL. This isn't Tyler Johnson we're talking about.

An AHL deal seems entirely appropriate. I mean... we'll see how he does come main camp, but I don't think he's earned himself a spot on our 50 contract limit at this stage. There's no concern that he's gonna get a contract from someone else.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
After watching this tournament, I guarantee if we drafted Bennett, we would be complaining about how badly we need a player like Draisaitl going forward.

Its going to be a argument for a long time. I really like Drai. Though at the time I wanted Bennet and still think he would fit in better to what we need now.

Both are going to be good, so just be happy they will be debating for decades.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Roy has had a rough tournament. He's made a lot of bad decisions and doesn't seem to have much jump. Door might be closing on him as a prospect

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Roy has had a rough tournament. He's made a lot of bad decisions and doesn't seem to have much jump. Door might be closing on him as a prospect

Yeah, I haven't been impressed either.

He's on a minor league deal and will likely play in the ECHL. He has a long way to go that's for sure.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Damn Comrie is a black hole.. has he given up a rebound this game?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Caleb Jones needs to learn the defensive side though. Lots of issues there for sure. Great at the other end, but that's not enough.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What do you guys think, will Leveille get a contract? I haven't watched enough of this tournament to really judge his performance. The little I've seen I've liked from him though and I liked him in Cape Breton last year.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
What do you guys think, will Leveille get a contract? I haven't watched enough of this tournament to really judge his performance. The little I've seen I've liked from him though and I liked him in Cape Breton last year.

Based on only these few games I can't see what's he's done to earn one.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Not kidding. LD is everything we need.

So, so many tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad