GDT: Young Stars Game 3! Oilers vs Jets 12:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Good things are going to happen for Slepyshev at some point this year.. he is great at battling and playing physical and coming out with the puck. He hasn't been flashy or anything so far but he is definitely willing to go to hard areas and I wouldn't be surprised to see him find his game quickly in the AHL and see some time in the big show.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Brayden Christoffer pokes the puck past on the right side, uses his speed to get to the puck, then angles perfectly to draw a penalty. Nothing but impressive.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
So do we have to wait until Christoffer's AHL deal ends before we sign him to an ELC? I'd hate to lose him to another team

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
"Slepykov"

That's racist... haha

Lol @ Gene saying his name very deliberately 30 seconds later.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So do we have to wait until Christoffer's AHL deal ends before we sign him to an ELC? I'd hate to lose him to another team

Don't think so. Numerous cases of AHL-only-to-NHL contracts. They basically tear up the AHL one.

What's Rankin's situation? He would be a nice AHL-only signing.

oilz89*

For those saying Drai looks slow and lumbering that was quite the burst of speed. I see him more as a coiled spring so far... he's opportunistic and what he gets the room he's got some wheels

That's how he plays the game though right? Why is it so hard to make people understand that he doesn't play fast like Hall or Mcdavid, etc. He plays it by slowing the game down and his passing is world class. He also has great hockey sense and IQ

oilz89*

Who the heck is Slepykov? :help:

I bet that winnipeg guy is some pig who's secretly a russian racist :shakehead If I was Gene right now I would've punched him out. But no. Gene has to stick to his puns

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Don't think so. Numerous cases of AHL-only-to-NHL contracts. They basically tear up the AHL one.

I am pretty sure that oilers signed Rankin to an ahl deal at the same time as christoffer

bzur

Feb 11, 2007

I agree Rankin would be a nice one to add too. It's nice to see these invites who have such a killer work ethic on ice. If that doesn't wake up some current prospects I can see some moving out the door in favor of some of these guys who have earned it

McDeathbyCheerios*

I agree Rankin would be a nice one to add too. It's nice to see these invites who have such a killer work ethic on ice. If that doesn't wake up some current prospects I can see some moving out the door in favor of some of these guys who have earned it
Moroz and Chase...looking at you

Jun 9, 2011
im 90% cure you ca change a ahl contract to an elf/nhl contract whenever u want as long as its before dec , i think lol

I want to see the Elf contract. You shall not misbehave in the dressing room. No pranks. You will grow to the best of your ability. If you have magic, you shall use it for the good of the team.

I like Jones. Portland is a good choice for his development.

Gene drives me insane, groan worthy. For some reason when he is being criticized by other fans I feel like defending him. He is like a token for the team or something. Harmless, and he's ours. :laugh:

oilz89*

I want to see the Elf contract. You shall not misbehave in the dressing room. No pranks. You will grow to the best of your ability. If you have magic, you shall use it for the good of the team.

I like Jones. Portland is a good choice for his development.

Gene drives me insane, groan worthy. For some reason when he is being criticized by other fans I feel like defending him. He is like a token for the team or something. Harmless, and he's ours. :laugh:

Jones over a BCHL overager is one of the stupidest things we've done :sarcasm:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Christoffer currently with 5 points. 1.6PPG for the tournament...not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad