GDT: Young Stars Game 3! Oilers vs Jets 12:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Caleb Jones is a pretty smooth skater with some hands. With some proper development I think we've got a solid player there. Here's to hoping!

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Ya, there really is some things to like about Caleb Jones' game. His ability to move the puck up the ice is terrific. He is raw and has some stuff to work on to be sure but that's what he's going to do in Portland the next 2 years. I think we got great value with that pick.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Lolololol. I was just thinking that Christoffer has been pretty quiet so far.. I love this kid!

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I quite like a lot of these guys we've brought in on AHL deals. Even if they don't reach the NHL they're going to provide some nice depth in Bakersfield.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
How has Laurikainen been?

He's been up and down. Playing really smart positionally but to start the game he was a bit shaky. Got pretty much left out to dry on the first two goals. He's made some great saves in close. I'd say he's having a good game and it seems to be getting better after the first 15 minutes

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
For those saying Drai looks slow and lumbering that was quite the burst of speed. I see him more as a coiled spring so far... he's opportunistic and what he gets the room he's got some wheels

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
draisaitl honestly passes too much, he looks fantastic and all, but he just passes about 30% too much

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Draisaitl is really taking things over right now. Slows the game down when he has to. Good hockey sense.

@ Psychoil: Yeah, on an interview Drai said that was something he has to work on. Cannot remember which interview though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Draisaitl has a lot of jump in this game. He's so much better when he gets his feet moving, need to see more of that from him.

oilz89*

Ya, there really is some things to like about Caleb Jones' game. His ability to move the puck up the ice is terrific. He is raw and has some stuff to work on to be sure but that's what he's going to do in Portland the next 2 years. I think we got great value with that pick.

Also great blood lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad