GDT: Young Stars Game 3! Oilers vs Jets 12:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2011
I'm actually surprised at how many quality prospects we have. I thought we weren't very deep after the big high round names. Pleasantly surprised. Today, we have a chance to have a better look at some of those kids.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So no McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, or Laleggia? Those have been our 4 best players. At least Laurikainen is in net. He was awesome before

McDeathbyCheerios*

So no McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, or Laleggia? Those have been our 4 best players. At least Laurikainen is in net. He was awesome before
Christoffer, Winquist and Plazter have been very good too

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Unless Laurikainen stands on his head the Oilers should lose this one. Probably badly.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Unless Laurikainen stands on his head the Oilers should lose this one. Probably badly.
Doubtful. Winnipeg lost bad to Vancouver who we destroyed. Still think we have this

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Im guessing guessing that the Jets prospects show up feeling they have something to prove considering they were considered the favorites with the most depth prior to the Tournament. Could be a tough game for our kids but a great chance to show they deserve a longer look.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Doubtful. Winnipeg lost bad to Vancouver who we destroyed. Still think we have this

We had McDavid, Drai, Nurse and Laleggia in against Vancouver. Winnipeg has good prospects and haven't won at this tournament yet. I expect them to come out playing hard.

We'll see how it goes.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There are a lot of higher end junior players on that roster and that's basically what the Jets team is too (with better prospects).

I don't think the Oilers are favored but I don't think it's a huge gap.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
This is the way it should be. The 4 guys not playing have separated themselves and are going to the main camp. It gives the Brass another look at the "other" players. To see who else will get an invite to the main camp.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
We should lose. Doesn't WPG have one of the best prospect pools in the league?

Even if they have disappointed so far this is an excellent chance to go back home with a good feeling (no one in WPG gives a crap about the players we're resting).

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Edmonton Oilers
@EdmontonOilers

#Oilers lines vs. WPG -->
Rankin-Platzer-Sanford,
Christoffer-Linaker-Bukarts,
Slepyshev-Loiseau-Winquist,
Roy-Soy-Draisaitl
#YoungStars

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers are about to get dusted. Jets players probaly got torn a new one and uber motivated to win now. And we dont have any of the big 3 and even Laleggia our second best D is out

Hopefully Eetu closes the door and Platzer brings it

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers are about to get dusted. Jets players probaly got torn a new one and uber motivated to win now. And we dont have any of the big 3 and even Laleggia our second best D is out

Hopefully Eetu closes the door and Platzer brings it

lol nobody is getting "torn a new one" at this ****ing tournament.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
He's playing on the RW too something Mclellan said he'd look at considering how good he is on his backhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad