Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
I only watched 2 periods bu I agree. Tampa is a soft team and last game they pushed the wings around. The only Red Wing who willingly goes out there and tries to dish it back and plays mean is Smith. You need him in the playoffs.

He absolutely crushed someone infront of the wings bench and the guy looked dazed. It reminded me of the Kronwall on Selanne hit.

Abdelkader helped with this as well. A big tough body on the top line deterring some Tampa players and a mean dman dishing out punishment are needed in the playoffs and they really gave the wings a different look tonight from the 2 periods I saw

It's weird seeing the Wings out-hit by (essentially) double the hits. When was the last time the Wings had 48 hits in a game? I wonder if anyone here knows.

Abdelkader defending Petr the Great and the "Abby" chant that followed it was nothing short of epic.

I guess Glendening gave both Abby and Smith the shovel after the game as their team MVPs for coming back. It looks like both of them were sorely missed. Both of them came back and both made their presence known.

If the Wings can keep crushing the Bolts physically, I think we can take this. I was one of the fools that picked Wings in 5 in the poll. :sarcasm:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Quincey and Ericsson don't carry the puck out of the zone like Smith did tonight. They don't have the speed. DeKeyser also had a great game and I see him getting plenty of recognition. Smith and DeKeyser were our best defensemen tonight.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Quincey and Ericsson don't carry the puck out of the zone like Smith did tonight. They don't have the speed. DeKeyser also had a great game and I see him getting plenty of recognition. Smith and DeKeyser were our best defensemen tonight.

Yeah, DeKeyser has generally been a boss. Marchenko was struggling and Smith took the opportunity and ran with it. I'm confident he'll be in the lineup for Game 4.

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
Look, I'm not saying Smith had a bad game. He had a decent game, sure. I'm just saying guys like Quincey, DeKeyser, and even Ericsson are showing up doing all those things already. No one seems to be talking about them, though.

I think a lot of people are raving about Quincey, DeKeyser, and Ericsson.

Quincey's beard alone is worth its weight in gold. He's been nothing short of amazing this year. It seemed like in the summer after that phat contract, he wandered out into the woods, contemplated his ways, grew a beard and came back a completely different person.

DeKeyser never really impressed me much during the regular season but during the playoffs I've been loving what he's brought to the dance this time around.

Ericsson is actually... Good? I'm just flabbergasted by him this series.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Abdelkader defending Petr the Great and the "Abby" chant that followed it was nothing short of epic.

I didnt see this, does anyone have a video of this happening? I love when the Joe Louis gets name chants going like you got kronwalled and Tpdd Bertuzzi. Abby is a new one and would love to see it.

The Smith hit infront of the bench would be nice to see againa as well, they didnt show a replay I dont think during the game but that guy was hurting. These 2 are the only mean players the wings have and getting them back in made a huge difference tonight

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I hardly ever post on the Wings board anymore, but it's always been bi-polar. Either the team is unstoppable, or the team/coaches/goalies are laziest bums ever.

Although to be fair, the team has been bi-polar this year, and given how last year's playoffs went, I was a bit pleasantly surprised that shut TB out tonight.

Almost feel bad for Stevie in this homecoming. Almost.

Wings fan in Montana, here I thought I was the only one. Then I up and moved to Denver!

Good assessment, i have the same love hate with the emotions here.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Wings are done. They're not going to win 2 games in this series.

It's over, just let Tampa through to the next round.

Oh, wait. :sarcasm:

Yeah baby!!! I just looked at my phone at work. I'm beaming right now!

This makes up for the chipped windshield I got while driving to work today.

Hey, I lost my front bumper lip coming back from lunch today... :help:

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
I didnt see this, does anyone have a video of this happening? I love when the Joe Louis gets name chants going like you got kronwalled and Tpdd Bertuzzi. Abby is a new one and would love to see it.

The Smith hit infront of the bench would be nice to see againa as well, they didnt show a replay I dont think during the game but that guy was hurting. These 2 are the only mean players the wings have and getting them back in made a huge difference tonight

Here's the Abdelkader/Paquette tussle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx7dHVGIXA
You can BARELY hear the "Abby Abby Abby" chants kicking.

I'm unable to find the Smith hit. I don't think they've shown a replay either.

There's that one YouTube guy who does the Red Wings highlights... does he still do them? It should make the cut in the next video if he does.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Look, I'm not saying Smith had a bad game. He had a decent game, sure. I'm just saying guys like Quincey, DeKeyser, and even Ericsson are showing up doing all those things already. No one seems to be talking about them, though.

Yeah sure, I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

I myself mentioned guys like Sheahan playing really well as well as Nyquist finally using his legs and Tatar making plays. Thats not diminishing great play all around though.

There really isn't a single guy to complain about in this game really. Nor do I think there was too much to complain about the last game but the score itself... The game was well played and one difference between this one and the last, Tampa, quite visibly started to wear off. They definitely took the peddle of the gas in terms of physical play come mid second period. I credit that difference to Abby and Smith. Also Sheahan was a lot more assertive in this department. However, they added to what guys like Helm, Ericsson, Glendening etc were already doing.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Not sure what game you watched.

I wouldn't say either team dominated, but the Wings definitely outplayed the Lightning tonight.

If it weren't for the amount of PP time they got it would have been a lot more obvious the Wings were the better team tonight.

Wings were not the better team tonight. They still can't make a pass and repeatedly blow D-zone coverages. Tampa's chances were far better than ours. We won because of posts and Mrazek.

We looked better than in the first two games, for sure, but not by much. Had Stamkos not suddenly forgotten how to play hockey and Kucherov miss the open net, we'd be singing a different song.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sounds like the boys played a pretty much perfect game.
I'll have to catch the highlights. Feelin more confident we'll win this series.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
wings had 2 or 3 goal posts themselves so tampa's posts are negated.

btw scoring chances were 14-14 at even strength according to war-on-ice.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I still think Quincey plays much more "mean" than Smith does. Great game to be at, the Red Wings just knew what they were doing tonight. Abdelkader and Smith made a huge difference, and that's nothing against Marchenko, but when Smith brings it, he shows why he's on the team. Tampa Bay didn't look good out there, and I'd expect they play harder Thursday, but I am so happy I chose to go to this game as my playoff game this year!

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Wings were not the better team tonight. They still can't make a pass and repeatedly blow D-zone coverages. Tampa's chances were far better than ours. We won because of posts and Mrazek.

We looked better than in the first two games, for sure, but not by much. Had Stamkos not suddenly forgotten how to play hockey and Kucherov miss the open net, we'd be singing a different song.

:laugh: Tampa has been ineffective the entire series. Even when we were outshot by 30 the Lightning didn't look dangerous. Tampa can't finish, it's pretty simple to see. Detroit played a great game, even the Lightning fans could see how well Detroit clogged the neutral zone. Babcock making the switch to put Glendening on the TKO line completely took them out, and Stamkos is a shell of himself. Tampa's PP is horrendous and Bishop can't make a big save. Detroit was the better team tonight, period.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
:laugh: Tampa has been ineffective the entire series. Even when we were outshot by 30 the Lightning didn't look dangerous. Tampa can't finish, it's pretty simple to see. Detroit played a great game, even the Lightning fans could see how well Detroit clogged the neutral zone. Babcock making the switch to put Glendening on the TKO line completely took them out, and Stamkos is a shell of himself. Tampa's PP is horrendous and Bishop can't make a big save. Detroit was the better team tonight, period.

Are you kidding? Tampa had plentynof dangerous opportunities in game one, and they had plenty of dangerous opportunities tonight. I do agree with you in the fact that the wings were the better team tonight, but a couple inches in Tampa's directiom on even a couple opportunities and this is a close game.

You're also saying that the team with the most gpg in the regular season doesnt know how to finish.

Also you must've missed the several prime opportunities the Johnson line had against glendening's--- Glendenings groupnwas hemmed in their zone for good stretches. They did a fantastic job nullifying most of their opportunities but to say they got shutdown? Well it might look that way on the scoreboard but that kjne was plenty dangerous.

Detroit was the better team, but not by much. By that same token the Wings were also significantly better than they were in games 1 and 2. Easily.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

They have been ineffective the entire series? They dominated game 2, and dominated game 1 everywhere but the score sheet.

Bishop has been crap 2/3 games and Mrazek has been great 2/3 games.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I was exaggerating. But based on the first three games Tampa has lacked finish. we've seen plenty of times a high scoring regular season team be ineffective in the playoffs. Tampa is young and not finding ways to slog though the type of defense Detroit is playing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was exaggerating. But based on the first three games Tampa has lacked finish. we've seen plenty of times a high scoring regular season team be ineffective in the playoffs. Tampa is young and not finding ways to slog though the type of defense Detroit is playing.

I don't know they had no issues finishing on Saturday. I'm sure they will come out swinging next game. Hopefully Mrazek stays strong next game.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't know they had no issues finishing on Saturday. I'm sure they will come out swinging next game. Hopefully Mrazek stays strong next game.

Our team D was woefully **** in Game 2. I couldn't believe how many times people would get into the slot and have no one cover them. The Wings took the night off and the score showed it as well. Our team however has shown up games 1 and 3 and stuck like glue to the system that Babs wants them to execute however though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad