Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
It's so funny or tragic how much nostalgia I feel when I'm watching these playoff games. I forgot how much the Red Wings style has morphed over the last 5 years or so. I used to adore how the Wings would absolutely dominate the offensive blue line, extending possessions, walk the line, pound the opponents with amazing shots from the point, and just play a smooth, disciplined, and incredibly high skilled, fun style of hockey.

I know that's not possible with our current lineup but watching how the Lightning are ripping off one-timers, trying to spread the ice, and space out the offensive ice to open up shooting lanes makes me miss the days of watching Lidstrom, or Shanny queue up a momentum shifting one-timer.

That being said, the Wings are finding a way to win with that they have, and there are plenty of things that I was very impressed with watching them last night. The compete is still there, their puck pursuit and physicality is there, and at times, there are moments of pure passing and playmaking.

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
Sry for invading ur board - usually SJ fan, but since Mrazek is biggest hope for national team goaltending, im following your series and holding thumbs.

Just wanted to post this for fun - if anybody didnt yet.

Mrazek looking confident at post game press:

pN8eSsL.jpgg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Since TBL keeps running Mzarek. I feel we need to put a player down hard. Whether it is a goalie, Stamkos, Johnson, or Palat. Let them know if you want to run our goalie; we will run you. The smirk on Coopers face after Morrow took out Mzarek was unsportsmanlike. He is taking a play straight out of Boston's line up. Can we call up Bertuzzi to go after someone?

I still can't believe they traded away Gudas. He was one of the few sandpaper guys in that lineup. Makes life easier for our guys which is good.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Sry for invading ur board - usually SJ fan, but since Mrazek is biggest hope for national team goaltending, im following your series and holding thumbs.

Just wanted to post this for fun - if anybody didnt yet.

Mrazek looking confident at post game press:

pN8eSsL.jpgg

Well done! :handclap:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
As both of you noted given though that Abby has returned I wouldn't be surprised if that stops soon. He ain't no Probert, Kocur, or McCarty by any means but Abby won't let that **** happen with no reprecussion's either.

come on , he is not a fighter just someone who played hard on the edge. He is very important for this team to use him as a fighter . We have Ericson who suppose to clear aria in front of net . Unfortunately Ericson playas every other game

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I hardly ever post on the Wings board anymore, but it's always been bi-polar. Either the team is unstoppable, or the team/coaches/goalies are laziest bums ever.

Although to be fair, the team has been bi-polar this year, and given how last year's playoffs went, I was a bit pleasantly surprised that shut TB out tonight.

Almost feel bad for Stevie in this homecoming. Almost.

Who is that girl in your picture?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm going to chalk this win up to the hockey gods. We got every single bounce that we needed. Although, I will give Mrazek credit on his shutout. He made that huge save on Boyle shorthanded in the third period, kept Detroit's 2 goal lead with under 10 to play. Hasn't this been the save Detroit has been looking for in a long time? Seems like those usually go in and the team then starts to panic

I thought DeKeyser and Quincey were the best defenseman, Ericsson is just so horrible. Anybody know if anything is wrong with Zetterberg? I feel like he has to be nursing an injury. The last month or so he has not looked like his normal, clutch self
Timely saves is the playoff hockey.:yo:
Could have been a very different game if Bolts had some more puck luck, that was 3 or 4 posts/crossbars...
IF there is no ifs
Zidlicky has been our worst defender this series. And Kronwall doesn't look very good either.
Difference that Kronwall goes vs their best forwards.
I think you are incorrect. Howard didn't keep us from getting dominated in that series, but he was not the reason we failed to show up. We were outclassed in every facet of the game.
That is how I see it. Had we had solid goaltending that series would look different. The Bruins Are not in the playoffs. It says something.
This. Not sure how could put that one on him at all. They were beaten and bruised up and down the ice. If Tampa Bay was as extreme on the forecheck, this series could look the same as last years.

If if if if ......
There is no if. We lead the series 2-1. That's all that matters.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Guy on 97.1 right now talking about how he bought tickets for game 1 and 2. Then went on talk about witnessing the security in Tampa trying to kick out a woman and her son for wearing Red Wings jerseys. They weren't in the clubs, they were sitting 3rd/4th row. The only way they were allowed to stay is if they turned their jerseys/shirts inside out.

Shameful.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
As for Weiss and Babcock.

Babcock chased away Hudler and Filppula and they seem to be doing realgud.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Glad Babcock made the decision he did.

Babcock and Holland have taken so much heat over the years for their lineup and roster decisions, yet time and time again they have proven that they will ice the best group of guys come playoffs.

Whether that's Nyquist/dekeyser in 2013 or Jurco/Sheahan/Tatar in 2014, and now Ferarro/Mrazek/Marchenko. They will put the best roster on the ice when it matters most

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Here's the Abdelkader/Paquette tussle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx7dHVGIXA
You can BARELY hear the "Abby Abby Abby" chants kicking.

I'm unable to find the Smith hit. I don't think they've shown a replay either.

There's that one YouTube guy who does the Red Wings highlights... does he still do them? It should make the cut in the next video if he does.

https://vine.co/v/eanFgwiBPeI

Heres the Smith hit, doesnt look as big as I thought at first but is exactly like the Kronwall Selanne hit. In the full sequence Killorn (I think) lays there for abit so it musta hirt him pretty good

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Babcock and Holland have taken so much heat over the years for their lineup and roster decisions, yet time and time again they have proven that they will ice the best group of guys come playoffs.

Whether that's Nyquist/dekeyser in 2013 or Jurco/Sheahan/Tatar in 2014, and now Ferarro/Mrazek/Marchenko. They will put the best roster on the ice when it matters most

They've also shown time and time again they won't do it early in the season, and then we always squeak into the playoffs. So on one hand good job, on the other hand, play the best players.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
That is how I see it. Had we had solid goaltending that series would look different. The Bruins Are not in the playoffs. It says something

What kind of save percentage were you looking for out of Howard/Gustavsson?

We scored 1 goal in game 1.
We scored 1 goal in game 2.
We scored 0 goals in game 3.
We scored 2 goals in game 4.
We scored 2 goals in game 5.

The Wings were outclassed in that series. Has little to do with goaltending when you score an average of 1.2 goals a game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
And 54 points last year.

Can't imagine he will get anywhere close to 76 again.

He's probably going to be doing 55-65 paces for a few years yet. Pretty damn good production. And he seems to be doing good mentoring for the kids he's lined up with.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He's probably going to be doing 55-65 paces for a few years yet. Pretty damn good production. And he seems to be doing good mentoring for the kids he's lined up with.

Well, it's not like we are without that kind of player on this team.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Guy on 97.1 right now talking about how he bought tickets for game 1 and 2. Then went on talk about witnessing the security in Tampa trying to kick out a woman and her son for wearing Red Wings jerseys. They weren't in the clubs, they were sitting 3rd/4th row. The only way they were allowed to stay is if they turned their jerseys/shirts inside out.

Shameful.

There is no way this is true, and if something remotely close to this happened there is more to the story like something offensive was on the jersey or they were just messing with them.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
As for Weiss and Babcock.

Babcock chased away Hudler and Filppula and they seem to be doing realgud.

Yep. Idk if you know who Jeff Moss is (a guy who is somehow connected to the Detroit sports scene and breaks legit stories long before the the news often have them but no one ever gives him any credit) but on twitter he said he has heard from sources close to the Red Wings that the players can't stand Babcock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad