Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
We'll see if Tampa's lack of playoff experience continues to be an issue for them.

Is it that, or is it the fact that they're not the same team in somebody else's barn, I wonder?

Their road record is only slightly above 500 this season, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
We must've watched two different games. I saw Wings mostly outplayed and incredibly lucky + Mrazek.

It was pretty even, definitely the most even of the games so far. And the Wings cleaned up their defensive coverage immensely. The Wings are going to have to win two more of these rope a dope games because playing shinny with the Bolts is not going to end well.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
We must've watched two different games. I saw Wings mostly outplayed and incredibly lucky + Mrazek.

5-on-5 the Wings definitely controlled the play. Tampa was rarely dangerous. We took too many penalties though.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
DeKeyser was by far our best defenseman. He practically killed the first penalty by himself.

I don't wish injury on anyone but I really hope Kronwall is injured. He's been awful.

I thought Tatar finally showed up. He still looks like he's shying away from contact.

Nyquist needs to find his game soon.

Our PP is lazy. Both units.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Also, Mrazek only made 22 saves and most of them were of the easier variety. Definitely didn't steal us this game.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Awesome win. I loved the energy. Glenny and Abs are a very, very big part of this team, especially this time of year. That was the best Smith has looked in a long time.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Obviously the third goal isn't on him. I don't see how the first could be either, deflected like 10 feet out. And that second goal, I guess he could stop it but hot damn, Sheahan was basically in all alone and the pass had him moving one way while Sheahan skated back the other way. I would not fault Mrazek if he let in something like that.

This was us getting great goaltending, a bit of puck luck, and burying our chances while the Bolts couldn't. I wouldn't put any of this on Bishop, not this game.

Bishop has a sub .900 sv%, he's not been good.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wouldn't agree that the Wings were outplayed. Wings didn't dominate, Bolts didn't dominate. It was a very even game from my perspective. There were plenty of times we got hemmed in our own zone. Tampa had a bunch of glorious chances, wide open nets. They dinged metal or just missed the net for whatever reason. Wings played well enough to win, unlike game 1 which they won anyway thanks to Mrazek.

Wings can very easily be better than this. We took a bunch of penalties again, the PP still looks meh as hell. I mean, how many breakaway chances are we going to give the other team on our PP, leading to us taking penalties and cutting our PP short? Holy moly.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Bishop has a sub .900 sv%, he's not been good.

I think that's mostly the first game. He was good the second game and I wouldn't fault any goalie for the two goals he let in tonight. First game, sure, he was subpar and let in 3 on what, 14 shots? That'll kill the SV.

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
I think that's mostly the first game. He was good the second game and I wouldn't fault any goalie for the two goals he let in tonight. First game, sure, he was subpar and let in 3 on what, 14 shots? That'll kill the SV.

True. But Mrazek's been the better goalie so far.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Pretty sure SV is based on total shots, not per game

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bottom line I don't care how we win.. Just pumped that we did.

1-0 most of the game is nerve racking. Also how do you win... Mrazek plays well and we "need" him to be good? Nothing short of 5-0 wins are there NO complaints right?

lol.

We are up 2-1 in a series we are supposed to lose. Lets enjoy this moment today folks. We might get higher or lower feelings from here. But ....
Today is a good day ! VICTORY :P

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Smith is quickly becoming a playoff player, a guy who loves this time of year and raises his game to another level, a guy who adores getting to be more phyiscal game after game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
DeKeyser was by far our best defenseman. He practically killed the first penalty by himself.

I don't wish injury on anyone but I really hope Kronwall is injured. He's been awful.

I thought Tatar finally showed up. He still looks like he's shying away from contact.

Nyquist needs to find his game soon.

Our PP is lazy. Both units.

Don't forget Smith had a great game :)

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Not sure what game you watched.

I wouldn't say either team dominated, but the Wings definitely outplayed the Lightning tonight.

If it weren't for the amount of PP time they got it would have been a lot more obvious the Wings were the better team tonight.

Hopefully they can duplicate the effort for game 4.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I see a lot of people saying that. I don't know what people are basing that on. He didn't give the puck away for a scoring chance against? Yay.

*Sigh*

Played good defense. Didn't make mistakes. Made good decisions. Was Physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad