Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
VAQ546p.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Beautiful game by the boys. Don't think you can play Tampa any better than that.

Great bounce-back performance by Mrazek. Great game Petr.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So guys, just hear me out.

We start Howard next game. We all know one way or another Mrazek is getting pulled next game. Either the team blows in front of him or he does or a combination of the two. Then we start Petr in game 5 for another dominant performance. EZ PZ.

Mrazek
Abby
I dunno... Glendening?

Abby was a force tonight. Hitting stuff left and right, fantastic vision on the second goal which was clearly a backbreaker in an otherwise way too close game. Allowed us to split Z/D and get 2 actual threats on the ice. Good for him.

But we did get pretty damn lucky tonight. How many posts/crossbars did they hit? 4? 5? Way too close.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I voted for Mrazek, Abdelkader, and DeKeyser.

But an honorable mention has to go to the lady behind the Tampa bench, for distracting the Lightning players all game.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Excellent game and win. Tampa bay offense completely neutralized throughout the game. Another great game from Mrazek.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Where are the doom and bloomers?

I hardly ever post on the Wings board anymore, but it's always been bi-polar. Either the team is unstoppable, or the team/coaches/goalies are laziest bums ever.

Although to be fair, the team has been bi-polar this year, and given how last year's playoffs went, I was a bit pleasantly surprised that shut TB out tonight.

Almost feel bad for Stevie in this homecoming. Almost.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I predicted a 3-1, but I'll take that shutout. :sarcasm: Great game overall. Came out good in the 3rd and played it down.
Good physicality tonight. They showed how to match up with the Bolts. Now just extend the lead on Thursday and everything's perfect.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Huge win for us!

Still had a couple of lapses on defense though.

Tatar, Nyquist and Sheahan played really well!

Sheahan especially had an overall great game!

Abdelkader and Smith looked really good as well!

Zetterberg looked much better as well.

Datsyuk looked a bit off though. Think he's still injured.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Wow. Beautifully played game by the Wings. D was all over Bolts' forwards all game. Clinic on how to shut down Bolts' offense. (My Habs can learn something from this game. Read Babcock>>>Therrien.)

Hope Wings can do it again.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
So... Bishop isn't very good, Stamkos is being benched on the PP and with the net pulled. Not saying the Wings have this wrapped up, but are we really that huge of underdogs still?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
If they can play like that for the rest of the series they can win this and they won't even need Petr to be anything more than solid.

1) Petr
2) Abby
3) Dats

HM: Sheahan, Zberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad