Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ericsson is a very good fighter and far from a spot picker, name the fighter he has lost to? He is going to have reach on almost anybody regardless, so there would be a new spin if he did take on Boyle, but I think he would win that decisively.

I have a buddy that was an AHL enforcer back around the same time Ericsson played in the AHL. I was excited about what he would become and we used to talk a lot of hockey, buddy promises me he is going to get him to go when they head to GR, remember being kind of worried. Milwaukee's games used to be showed on the local CW at times. Both road GR games on the weekends were. Night one he absolutely dusts Aaron Downey, while not a world beater a guy that made a living with his fists at the NHL level, somebody with massive respect in the fighting community. Next night he gets to going at the net front and sure enough he is trading stick work with Ericsson. They drop them, Ericsson uses his reach perfectly and feeds him. Guy walks into the bar I used to work at on Sunday night after the bus gets back two black eyes, shrugs his shoulders and says "that big Swede throws ******* bombs, worst fight of my career."

Fought him again later in the year in a square off deal where they actually both got double roughing penalties as they squared off during a brawl situation. Ericsson again crushed him. He told me upon retiring it was still the most difficult fight he has had, that he just had nothing for him and so deceptively strong with that long jab. We are talking about a guy that has fought John Scott, Aaron Downey, Prust, Mike Brown.

Ericsson doesn't go often, but he is very good at it. In my opinion if he choose to go 7 or 8 times a year he would be one of the more feared guys out there, he handles himself like a champ once the gloves actually drop more often than not. I cannot remember him losing I am sure he has, but there isn't a guy on Tampa that I think has anything for him.

Not saying youre lying but I dont think Ericcson and Downey ever played together in GR? Maybe it was someone else youre thinking of? Who is your buddy by the way just curious.

I agree that if Ericcosn decided to fight a lot he would be decently feared around the league. Hes ofught plenty of legit tough guys and held his own to make me think if he fought more often and got more experience he would be legit

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Not saying youre lying but I dont think Ericcson and Downey ever played together in GR? Maybe it was someone else youre thinking of? Who is your buddy by the way just curious.

I agree that if Ericcosn decided to fight a lot he would be decently feared around the league. Hes ofught plenty of legit tough guys and held his own to make me think if he fought more often and got more experience he would be legit

Downey and Ericsson played together in 2008-09 in GR. Ericsson played 40 games that year in GR, while Downey played in 65.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
You know there's a world of difference between the two right? The Wings had no business winning game 1 but they did. Saying that doesn't mean I'm disappointed the Wings won. I'm glad they won. I can still recognize that they got massively outplayed and dominated by the Bolts.

I wasn't talking about game 1. I'm talking about the posters in this thread bemoaning Tampa' s posts and how "lucky" we were in game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad