Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Andersson had a pretty good play on the PK, I think even on the 3v5. Got a 50/50 draw in our zone but stayed with it and managed to clear. He's been okay. He's obviously upgradeable but meh.

Ferraro can skate, has a little bit of offensive ability, and is right handed. If he were a center and could win 40% of his draws, he'd have Andersson licked in all areas.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yeah baby!!! I just looked at my phone at work. I'm beaming right now!

This makes up for the chipped windshield I got while driving to work today.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I predicted Bolts taking the series in 5. Oh well.

I did too. So glad I'm wrong. Just getting a win like this will do a lot for the confidence of the guys and, even if they lose, is something they can look back on. The token win against Boston and the win in Game 1 weren't exactly convincing wins.

Its not so much that the Wings have played much better than I expected, though. One good game, a win by the skin of our teeth, and an uneven offensive/terrible defensive loss is not far from par for the course with this team. Tampa, however, hasn't been as good as I thought they would be.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great effort tonight, duplicate it and we go back 3-1, improve on it and we go back 3-1 completely in their heads.

Protect home ice, good start tonight. 120 Minutes straight of shutout hockey in the JLA against Tampa now.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Yeah baby!!! I just looked at my phone at work. I'm beaming right now!

This makes up for the chipped windshield I got while driving to work today.

You realize this means you have to chip it again before game 4.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Be that as it may, he did absolutely an excellent job on the PK tonight.

Andersson had a pretty good play on the PK, I think even on the 3v5. Got a 50/50 draw in our zone but stayed with it and managed to clear. He's been okay. He's obviously upgradeable but meh.

PKing is what you make players do who have little else to offer. Its why Andersson, Miller, and Glendening stuck around at the NHL level to begin with. The difference is, all the others provide (or have provided, in Miller's case) other attributes. In 200 NHL games, Andersson hasn't and doesn't. Ferraro is already showing that he is a more complete player and is already trusted by his coach.

Assuming Weiss is replaced with Pulkkinen, that leaves one spot for a bottom sixer. At this rate, its going to be Ferraro.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
That game was pure domination by the Wings

Wha...What's this sensation I'm feeling? It's almost as if I feel.. yes... less pessimistic

I'm feeling hope. Yes, that's the word.

Dats
Mrazek
Abby

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ferraro can skate, has a little bit of offensive ability, and is right handed. If he were a center and could win 40% of his draws, he'd have Andersson licked in all areas.

Ferraro has played a decent amount of center in his career, IIRC

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Now I'm depressed.

I thought the Wings won game 3, but then I noticed that Hudler is a Selke finalist and I realized that I am either hallucinating or sleeping.

Seemed too good to be true...

edit - never mind, that's the Byng not the Selke. Definitely hallucinating...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Great effort tonight, duplicate it and we go back 3-1, improve on it and we go back 3-1 completely in their heads.

Protect home ice, good start tonight. 120 Minutes straight of shutout hockey in the JLA against Tampa now.

Just duplicating that is a lot to ask for, IMO. I hope we can play close to that good next game.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
PKing is what you make players do who have little else to offer. Its why Andersson, Miller, and Glendening stuck around at the NHL level to begin with. The difference is, all the others provide (or have provided, in Miller's case) other attributes. In 200 NHL games, Andersson hasn't and doesn't. Ferraro is already showing that he is a more complete player and is already trusted by his coach.

Assuming Weiss is replaced with Pulkkinen, that leaves one spot for a bottom sixer. At this rate, its going to be Ferraro.

If Ferraro continues to play the way he does, I really don't mind that scenario at all. I do think Babcock made the right choice in having him in the line-up as oppose to Weiss or Pulks. For this series at least.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Now I'm depressed.

I thought the Wings won game 3, but then I noticed that Hudler is a Selke finalist and I realized that I am either hallucinating or sleeping.

Seemed too good to be true...

He's a lady byng finalist I.E. the player who scores a lot of points and doesn't take penalties award.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Impressed with Ferraro. Will he be a full timer next year?

I definitely noticed him in a good way. I don't know what will happen with him next year. There's a good chance if the Wings waive him he will not get picked up and can go down to Grand Rapids. I don't think at this point he has garnered anything more than a tryout at camp but perhaps he can build from where he's at right now and claim a roster spot. Far too early for that though, probably best to just enjoy his performance and see how he does next game.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Petr the Great shut the ****ing door :yo::yo:. Had some nice luck with the post as well. Loved Glenny all over Stamkos tonight pissing him off into taking 2 stupid penalties :laugh:. Datsyuk I love him. He isn't 100% but he is going at a goal a game.

Petr and the team have just 2 more games to steal this series. Hope they win so I can **** all over the fool that said we where like the Oilers of the 2010's in the playoff thread whenever he posts on the main board.

Great game tonight. Just like I thought they can be ground up and spit out (great year to have a peak performance year Abs). Game 4 is still a must win though. Don't want to see the team try to steal 2 of 3 in the last 3 of the series with Cooper fixing matchups in two of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: