Post-Game Talk: You wanna know how I got these scars?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Thought Smith was our best defenseman. Proving to be a playoff player.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
anyone still want to compare this to the boston series from last year?

:laugh:

This is what I said going into the series. So far so good.

I think the series hinges on the PK. The Red Wings need guys blocking shots and clearing pucks on the first attempt. Basically, the Red Wings can only give up 5 or 6 PP goals the entire series to have a chance (assuming the series goes 6 or 7 games). They need to have a few games where Tampa Bay can't score on the PP at all. When they beat the Ducks two years ago they kept them to 7 power play goals total and Perry didn't even score a single goal.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
So... Bishop isn't very good, Stamkos is being benched on the PP and with the net pulled. Not saying the Wings have this wrapped up, but are we really that huge of underdogs still?

We've still been porous more games than we have been solid in this series--- regardless of what the current record says.

Mrazek needs to follow this performance up and show some consistency.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I hardly ever post on the Wings board anymore, but it's always been bi-polar. Either the team is unstoppable, or the team/coaches/goalies are laziest bums ever.

Although to be fair, the team has been bi-polar this year, and given how last year's playoffs went, I was a bit pleasantly surprised that shut TB out tonight.

Almost feel bad for Stevie in this homecoming. Almost.

By not posting you rob us of staring at your avatar.

:shakehead

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
1.Mrazek
2.Abby
3.Helm

Honorable mention - anyone else notice Ferraro and the gang were double-shifted with less than 5 minutes left in a 2-0 playoff game? Wow.

I thought they got very sloppy toward the end of the second and were in danger of falling apart, but they got to the break and then were pretty tight in the third. Hell of an effort. Let's see it again.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Gotta give it up to Abby, I was ready to ship him out as recently as last year. He's finally become a bonafide force on this team. Is it a one-year anomaly? I sure hope not.

1. Mrazek
2. Datsyuk
3. Abdelkader

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So... Bishop isn't very good, Stamkos is being benched on the PP and with the net pulled. Not saying the Wings have this wrapped up, but are we really that huge of underdogs still?

Obviously the third goal isn't on him. I don't see how the first could be either, deflected like 10 feet out. And that second goal, I guess he could stop it but hot damn, Sheahan was basically in all alone and the pass had him moving one way while Sheahan skated back the other way. I would not fault Mrazek if he let in something like that.

This was us getting great goaltending, a bit of puck luck, and burying our chances while the Bolts couldn't. I wouldn't put any of this on Bishop, not this game.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I wonder if Andersson realizes he's competing with Ferraro for a roster spot. Cause he's losing. Big time. Says all kinds of things when Ferraro is out there with two minutes to go and he's already faster and more physical than you.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
We've still been porous more games than we have been solid in this series--- regardless of what the current record says.

Mrazek needs to follow this performance up and show some consistency.

I thought we played horribly in game 1. Played well in game two and this game. These last two games, overall, I feel like Tampa and Detroit were mostly evenly matched on actual play. Difference was that we were able to convert in this one and the haven't and they were able to convert the last game and we didn't.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I hardly ever post on the Wings board anymore, but it's always been bi-polar. Either the team is unstoppable, or the team/coaches/goalies are laziest bums ever.

Although to be fair, the team has been bi-polar this year, and given how last year's playoffs went, I was a bit pleasantly surprised that shut TB out tonight.

Almost feel bad for Stevie in this homecoming. Almost.

I won't argue that there are some schizos on this board. However, when your team is as schizo as this bunch is, you really should expect the fans to follow suit.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I wonder if Andersson realizes he's competing with Ferraro for a roster spot. Cause he's losing. Big time. Says all kinds of things when Ferraro is out there with two minutes to go and he's already faster and more physical than you.

Be that as it may, he did absolutely an excellent job on the PK tonight.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Andersson had a pretty good play on the PK, I think even on the 3v5. Got a 50/50 draw in our zone but stayed with it and managed to clear. He's been okay. He's obviously upgradeable but meh.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I honestly thought we still sucked. Still can't complete a pass or hold the puck in the offensive zone. D didn't pressure the shooters enough (some nice blocks though). We won because (1) Mrazek (2) posts.

Improved: Z, Sheahan, Miller, Rig, Smith. Abby is invaluable.

Pavel at 66% is better than 90% of the league at 100.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad