Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Sweeney in LA and was seen at pool today and Bruins are getting Palmeiri

I haven’t read all posts but is this correct

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Without Rask I’m surprised they are trading for Palmeiri

Also surprised Sweeney in LA scouting Kings I would figure it was Arizona players

I like Kempe but I see him as another third liner I don’t get it - your GM don’t fly to LA for Kempe in my world

Whoever posted this thanks for information

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yup. Which is why I didn’t want him here, and the contract looks worse by the day.

Yeah but hes still just the third line center.

If one or both of Bergeron and DK were out its time to worry.

We also have nothing we can count on for center prospects. If one jumps Coyle great.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Without Rask I’m surprised they are trading for Palmeiri

Also surprised Sweeney in LA scouting Kings I would figure it was Arizona players

I like Kempe but I see him as another third liner I don’t get it - your GM don’t fly to LA for Kempe in my world

Whoever posted this thanks for information

Adding Kempe would be very Sweeney like. Cost controlled player who can play on all forward positions, can kill penalties and is great defensively. Unfortunately his offensive game is a little bit missing. I think he could be available for a 2nd round pick plus a prospect. He is doing great in LA this season. Maybe they want to sell high on him because they soon need rosters spots for their upcoming prospects.

Interesting article about him
Durable, versatile Adrian Kempe invaluable to Kings – Daily News

Reactions: bbfan419

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
I would think you are right. I can't imagine Palmeri going For that little. More likely they would demand Debrusk and a 3rd, maybe Vaak and a 2nd or 3rd

Just wondering that does NJ have need for the defenders atm? Their roster look like they are more after forward prospects or decent draftpicks, instead of the defenders

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Domi was a 70 point player in a huge market just two years ago. Still young at 26 and loves to mix it up. Bruins fans wouldn't want that? Am I missing something here?

Have you watched him play?
He’s a nothing player. He had 1 great season and has been back to normal.

You add him to this roster and it really doesn’t make a difference at all.
Watched too many games from him.

I’m not a fan of Palmieri addition unless it’s cheap. He’s too old to be a longterm solution for this team.

Don’t want anything to do with Brown either.
36y eating 6M of cap, how do you add to this roster once you’ve added Brown?
He’s not a game changer for today or tomorrow.

If you add add a player who could be a real top6 player for 5/5+ years

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We can only hope that one day Sweeney puts together a team capable of making it to round 2 like Sakic has done.

Colorado is one of the top contenders in this league build by Sakic and look to be for a long time.
Sweeney has been living off the core that was already in Boston.

Sakic actually has learned and fixed his mistakes.
With Sweeney it’s always well lets wait untill trade deadline, oh no let’s wait until free agency, oh the season hasn’t even started yet so let’s wait more till we are back to waiting for trade deadline.....

How can you have the same hole on the roster that you had 6 years ago, something that isn’t even that difficult to address.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think the Devils will take whatever deal they deem to be the best value.

You’re not negotiating with their demands. You’re up against what other teams will pay.

And this market is so bizarre right now it’s hard to tell if it benefits the buyers or the sellers.

Sure that is always the case, but last year Toffoli went for a 2nd, tyler Madden and a conditional 4th. And Palmeri has been a more consistent high end Performer than toffoli.

Maybe Debrusk and a 3rd is too high, but it is far more likely it will be something like a 2nd a good prospect, and a conditional pick if Palmei gets moved. that is pretty much the standard for a player of his caliber at trade deadlines. Maybe there is no market this year and the B's can get guys at a discount price, but I'll be very surprised if that happens

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Colorado is one of the top contenders in this league build by Sakic and look to be for a long time.
Sweeney has been living off the core that was already in Boston.

Sakic actually has learned and fixed his mistakes.
With Sweeney it’s always well lets wait untill trade deadline, oh no let’s wait until free agency, oh the season hasn’t even started yet so let’s wait more till we are back to waiting for trade deadline.....
How can you have the same hole on the roster that you had 6 years ago, something that isn’t even that difficult to address.

Are you kidding me?!? Getting this elusive 2RW is akin to curing cancer, ending nuclear proliferation and cleaning up the Earths oceans.
This is an issue for the ages!

Reactions: BB88 and ylekot

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
One week today!

As of the Bruins roster filing last night with the league (see below) the Bruins have roughly $8 million in deadline day cap space. Roughly $6 million today. That means they can add a player(s) with an AAV of $8 million on trade deadline or $6 million today. Those numbers will drop if they call anyone up from the taxi squad for today and tomorrow.

Bruins Cap.PNG

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
About Ferguson in LA... could they be back at Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

OEL and Garland would cost a load, but could be the perfect infusion!
Check the standings. They are a playoff team. They will not be selling. (Pheonix)

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Sure that is always the case, but last year Toffoli went for a 2nd, tyler Madden and a conditional 4th. And Palmeri has been a more consistent high end Performer than toffoli.

Maybe Debrusk and a 3rd is too high, but it is far more likely it will be something like a 2nd a good prospect, and a conditional pick if Palmei gets moved. that is pretty much the standard for a player of his caliber at trade deadlines. Maybe there is no market this year and the B's can get guys at a discount price, but I'll be very surprised if that happens
Tafoli has about double the goals as palmeri :p but I’m just playing devils advocate. He also playing in a brutal division defensively. ;). I wouldn’t pay more then a second or a c or b level prospect. I think devils are looking for more offence. They probably want draft picks if they trading with Boston.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Adding Palmieri would be a good fit after the current restructure of the forward lines. No clue what the cost is but I roll with:

Marshy-Bergy-Palmieri
Ritchie-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Senyshyn

A homerun swing would be going and getting
1. Laine + Savard for the Jackets
2. Gio + Gaudreau from the Flames
3. OEL + Garland

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Noooooo I can see it now....Don will land one of Riley Nash and Bobby Ryan plus covidided Edler....

----------------------

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-april-4-2021/
Bruins Top Trade Targets

According to Fluto Shinzawa of The Athletic, the top trade blue line targets for the Boston Bruins include Nashville’s Mattias Ekholm, Arizona’s Alex Goligoski, Detroit’s Jon Merrill and Ottawa’s Mike Reilly. He did also include Vancouver’s Alex Edler, but that was prior to news Edler was added to the Canucks protocol list.

At forward, he’s listed Columbus’ Riley Nash, New Jersey’s Kyle Palmieri and Miles Wood, Anaheim’s Rickard Rakell, and Detroit’s Bobby Ryan.

Shinzawa writes:
The Boston Bruins are not comfortable in the East Division. They have games in hand on every opponent. But this also means an even more compressed schedule for their stretch run. This encourages injuries, which the Bruins are already familiar with.
source – ‘Bruins’ top 10 trade targets: Mattias Ekholm an ideal fit, but Alexander Edler a better cost’ – Fluto Shinzawa – The Athletic – 04/02/021
Shinzawa pointed out that historically, general manager Don Sweeney likes to trade for players with term. That said, because of the flat cap and the expansion draft, acquiring pending unrestricted free agents may be Sweeney’s only alternative.
Related

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I’m not a fan of Palmieri addition unless it’s cheap. He’s too old to be a longterm solution for this team.

Palmieri is 30 years old?

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Brown has way more points then Palmeri. And he is very clutch. I hate his contract though. Bruins would be stuck with him until he is into his late 30s with a massive salary hit. For me they have to retain salary.

I would like to add evander Kane. I know it’s not popular opinion but he is playing well and he is the perfect Bruin on the ice. He is fast strong and crazy. He hits, scores goals and fights. He is a great power forward. Signed through next season I believe. And at this point I’d say his off ice shenanigans are over. Guys probably had way more then enough trouble for one life time. He needs to play well because he needs the money :sarcasm::popcorn:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
One week today!

As of the Bruins roster filing last night with the league (see below) the Bruins have roughly $8 million in deadline day cap space. Roughly $6 million today. That means they can add a player(s) with an AAV of $8 million on trade deadline or $6 million today. Those numbers will drop if they call anyone up from the taxi squad for today and tomorrow.

Can they not move into the LTIR space they have at that point?

Reactions: bbfan419

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Adding Palmieri would be a good fit after the current restructure of the forward lines. No clue what the cost is but I roll with:

Marshy-Bergy-Palmieri
Ritchie-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Frederic-Kuraly-Senyshyn

A homerun swing would be going and getting
1. Laine + Savard for the Jackets
2. Gio + Gaudreau from the Flames
3. OEL + Garland

liane is grossly overrated. He is not good IMO. He has a mean one timer. But he is lazy and gets himself in the press box pretty frequently for a guy who can score. I’d love the rest of the players though. Honestly Calgary has claimed not to be sellers because the gm wants to see what he has got. And the other two teams are in the playoffs so I doubt they will be sellers. But I’d love to add all these guys except laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad