Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I understand that but who the B's might like doesnt mean they are going to acquire them. I would never ask them to divulge actual names that are being talked about. I wouldnt risk a connection if I had one as well. :)

Sometimes I know things and can’t say, in that case I usually just don’t speak on it. However, there’s some things I’m able to allude to without burning anyone. It’s a very fine line, but information under the Sweeney regiment has been increasingly difficult to come by.

Is kempe a guy that would cost a DeBrusk?

Have no idea, honestly. I think they value DeBrusk higher than to deal him for a middle-six type like Kempe. That said, he’s a fine player and would make a really good addition to the Bruins. He likes to attempt shots and put the puck on goal. Not much of the differing type, but also versatile enough to fill in virtually anywhere he’s needed.

Kempe is tough to play against, young, has size and a solid contract. Not sure he would be cheap, but LAK doesn’t have much use for him as his best years might be behind him whenever their rebuild starts to show competitive results. I’d love him here.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I liked many of Sindens years. Hated MOC.
PC was decent. I think DS is fair.

Current GMs I like off the top of my head? Poile, Rutherford, Yzerman, Wilson. Don’t have a great knowledge of underlings available so other than Rutherford don’t know of available options.

But long story short - give me a GM willing to be proactive who holds his teams and himself accountable.
I'll take chia he won the cup. End of story.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's not too late to edit your post.
Not going to lie, one of my favorite things to do at the TDL is to try and read between the lines on Dom’s posts. A very articulate and well spoken guy suddenly gets very terse and resorts to cryptic one liners. If he tells me he doesn’t do it on purpose, I’m going to tell him he’s a big liar and that his has a fire alarm fire in his pants. :laugh::laugh:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What about Driedger? He is/was supposedly available.
I’m reading all the talk about GM’s and at first misread your post as suggesting Darren Dreger as a GM. I would personally like to profusely apologize for the mean things I said out loud to you! Again, my sincere apologies!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: bbfan419

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not going to lie, one of my favorite things to do at the TDL is to try and read between the lines on Dom’s posts. A very articulate and well spoken guy suddenly gets very terse and resorts to cryptic one liners. If he tells me he doesn’t do it on purpose, I’m going to tell him he’s a big liar and that his has a fire alarm fire in his pants. :laugh::laugh:
I honestly have no idea what is going on. I have been out of the loop for a few weeks and there is no catching up.

The last thing I heard I posted here and that was that they circled back to Palmieri. That's all I got.

Oh, and JFJ being in LA had nothing to do with a trade however "that doesn't mean a trade can't happen."

The post you quoted was for Donny because everyone seems to be a "hidden gem" to him now.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

It's like playing Myst, the HFBoards's Dom edition.

You have to find the subtleties and read between the lines to solve the puzzle.

It's great fun.

Reactions: Number8

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's like playing Myst, the HFBoards's Dom edition.

You have to find the subtleties and read between the lines to solve the puzzle.

It's great fun.
The only thing I can tell you is all the injuries have cost them about half their trade deadline space.

At one point, they could have added Connor McDavid cap hit without moving out salary. Now they are just over half that.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I honestly have no idea what is going on. I have been out of the loop for a few weeks and there is no catching up.

The last thing I heard I posted here and that was that they circled back to Palmieri. That's all I got.

Oh, and JFJ being in LA had nothing to do with a trade however "that doesn't mean a trade can't happen."

The post you quoted was for Donny because everyone seems to be a "hidden gem" to him now.
Ha ha..... just having some fun Dom. Of course I did just research the ever loving shit out of Brett Howden!:laugh:

Unfortunately I still have zero info on whether he will ever be traded. However, if anyone would like to know what he had for lunch yesterday, I am your guy.:laugh::laugh: Again, nothing about trade potential but I do have one extra little tidbit I can share. He once was a boxers guy, but now is a total briefs guy. Mr. Number8 did a deep dive.:thumbu::laugh:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Dom is straight down the line, though I understand he goes "cryptic" with kryptonite.

None better, and that goes for Kirk Luedeke, who doesn't post here anymore, to my knowledge.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t know. Hopefully it does.

Bjork is a fast skilled F that fits their current group.

Signed for 2 more years at good value.

Depends what NJ really is targeting.
I just didn’t think Bjork carried much value. Thought it would require a higher regarded prospect and pick. Like Vaak and a 3rd. I definitely could be over valuing him.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I don’t know. Injury? Anyone who thinks this is Coyle now is out to lunch.
Why call guys out. Not out to lunch at all. Why do you think Min. Traded him? Because he was so good? He played well for a year and a half and got a big contact. I hope your right and he is hurt. He just looks so bad.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I just didn’t think Bjork carried much value. Thought it would require a higher regarded prospect and pick. Like Vaak and a 3rd. I definitely could be over valuing him.

Palmieri having an off year offensively may get the price down.

Always depends of how many teams interested, what they are offering and what is NJ looking for.

Deadline is the worst time of the year to do business. But when you want to go for it, you have to overpay.

I like Palmieri on the cheap. Wouldn’t overpay to get him. I would for a non-rental.

Reactions: The National

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I don’t know. Hopefully it does.

Bjork is a fast skilled F that fits their current group.

Signed for 2 more years at good value.

Depends what NJ really is targeting.
Not in love with Bjork or anything, but how do you feel if Palmieri doesn't do much here/Bruins are bounced in round 1 or 2, then he leaves in the summer? Losing Bjork isn't the end of the world, but push comes to shove, we COULD just package him to get a player that'd be here longer. Spend more now, gain more later.

We've given up a lot of assets the past few years with little hardware or even current players to show for it. Feels like a continuing cycle of that, for a team that feels not as good as previous years. Add in the fact that we are likely down Rask again indefinitely. Palmieri is a 2nd line winger, albeit a very good one, but he's not signed, and having a bad year (against every team EXCEPT the Bruins).

Instead of continually just throwing assets out the window, maybe just overpay for once and get a guy that's going to be here for longer than hot minute. The amount of players/picks we've shipped out compared to who is still on the roster and what we've actually won, is humbling. Gotta rethink that strategy. Just my two cents.

I'm not against Palmieri if re-signed, but he isn't having a spectacular season, and I'd be cautious to give up anything if we are only going to get 20-ish games out of him, add in the Bruins/league-wide injury bug, with the condensed schedule, wouldn't even be surprised if whoever we acquired gets injured and plays even less than 20 games here. I'm pretty adamant against rentals at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sweeney in some acts of desperation makes the same old mistakes again.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No. You are just seeing the other side of him. This has always been Charlie Coyle. He can look like one of the best players on the ice and absolute beast or he can be completely invisible for weeks at a time.

You really think Coyle is 4th line bad? That’s basically how he’s playing. I just don’t buy it.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Columbus is a tire fire . I've been following this kevin stenlund fellow i like what I see. Hes 24 and has some scoring in him. Maybe a not so expensive pick up good for now and the future ?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
No. You are just seeing the other side of him. This has always been Charlie Coyle. He can look like one of the best players on the ice and absolute beast or he can be completely invisible for weeks at a time.
Coyle is definitely having a down year thus far. But that by no means is grounds for shipping him out of town. Cmon now.

Especially in a COVID impacted season. Imo it really throws a wrench into the mix when it comes to grading guys. Not to mention a guy whose been an absolute stud for the Bs since they brought him in.

Like JDB, we know Coyle has a lot more to bring to the table. We’ve all seen it. And he isn’t the only one underperforming this season.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Not in love with Bjork or anything, but how do you feel if Palmieri doesn't do much here/Bruins are bounced in round 1 or 2, then he leaves in the summer? Losing Bjork isn't the end of the world, but push comes to shove, we COULD just package him to get a player that'd be here longer. Spend more now, gain more later.

We've given up a lot of assets the past few years with little hardware or even current players to show for it. Feels like a continuing cycle of that, for a team that feels not as good as previous years. Add in the fact that we are likely down Rask again indefinitely. Palmieri is a 2nd line winger, albeit a very good one, but he's not signed, and having a bad year (against every team EXCEPT the Bruins).

Instead of continually just throwing assets out the window, maybe just overpay for once and get a guy that's going to be here for longer than hot minute. The amount of players/picks we've shipped out compared to who is still on the roster and what we've actually won, is humbling. Gotta rethink that strategy. Just my two cents.

I'm not against Palmieri if re-signed, but he isn't having a spectacular season, and I'd be cautious to give up anything if we are only going to get 20-ish games out of him, add in the Bruins/league-wide injury bug, with the condensed schedule, wouldn't even be surprised if whoever we acquired gets injured and plays even less than 20 games here. I'm pretty adamant against rentals at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sweeney in some acts of desperation makes the same old mistakes again.
Same story every TD. Good post.

Reactions: Gordoff

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
You really think Coyle is 4th line bad? That’s basically how he’s playing. I just don’t buy it.

He sure can be

2016 season had a stretch: 3-2-5 in 21 games and a -7
2018 season just before getting traded: 3-3-6 in 20 games and a -8
This year: 3-4-7 in 28 games and a -7

Yes. This is who Charlie Coyle has always been. He'll eventually play better, but this is why Minnesota gave up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad