Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Fluto keeps saying the Bruins are focused on adding defense. I don't think they're going all-in Palmieri

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man Sweeney got called whatnot for picking him. People wanted him in 5th or 6th round without knowing that he would have been still on the board. So far Sweeney was right for picking him where he was picked
Sweeney didn’t pick him though

he had a phone call from home when Boston picked and was not in the room

If Louhri makes it he should not get any credit

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Fluto keeps saying the Bruins are focused on adding defense. I don't think they're going all-in Palmieri

Like what team are they wathing play in Boston?
Unreal if they don’t add offense over defense.

Especially with Nashville on a run(Ekholm)

Palmieri is 30 years old?

Yes?

Haven’t we learned anything from the UFA market from the last 5 years?

Expensive contracts to non franchise guys pretty much end up as anchors.
Ladd, Okposo, Lucic, Seabrook, Skinner, Backes, Beleskey, Neal, Eriksson........

Brown has way more points then Palmeri. And he is very clutch. I hate his contract though. Bruins would be stuck with him until he is into his late 30s with a massive salary hit. For me they have to retain salary.

I would like to add evander Kane. I know it’s not popular opinion but he is playing well and he is the perfect Bruin on the ice. He is fast strong and crazy. He hits, scores goals and fights. He is a great power forward. Signed through next season I believe. And at this point I’d say his off ice shenanigans are over. Guys probably had way more then enough trouble for one life time. He needs to play well because he needs the money :sarcasm::popcorn:

This team needs fresh talent, even with retained why use cap space that is worth gold to a 36-37y old.

When are they starting to look at longterm answers?
Add Brown and I’m afraid in 1.5 years we are in for a deep rebuild

remer

Oct 18, 2005
The Bruins could have addressed the offense this season with a few signings that could have improved the team:

Carter Verhaeghe- 17 goals and 16 assists for 33 points- 2 years at 1 mill
Tyler Toffoli,- 19 goals 9 assists for 28 points - 4 year 4.25 mill
Mike Hoffman- 9 goals 12 assits for 21 points- 1 year 4 mill
Jesper Fast - 5 goals 11 assists for 16 points - 3 years 2 mill

*Craig Smith - 6 goals 10 assists for 16 points- 3 years 3.1 mill

Taylor Hall- 2 goals 17 assists for 19 points- 1 year 8 mill ( yikes)

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Mason Lohrei turning heads in USHL

An NHL source with regular viewings of the USHL could not stop raving recently about Mason Lohrei, the Green Bay Gamblers defenseman the Bruins drafted 58th in 2020.
“Best defenseman in the league,” the source said. “An NHL player.”
Through 40 games, the 6-foot-4, 204-pound left-shot defenseman led all USHL blueliners with 53 points (15 goals, 38 assists). Part of this is because Lohrei is 20, three years older than some of his teammates and opponents. But he has used his age and size to his advantage in all situations. Lohrei will be a freshman at Ohio State this fall.
Whether the Bruins would use Lohrei as trade collateral is unknown. He would fit the profile of a high-end prospect.

Athletic today Fluto

Last week there was this segment on NHL Network, Brian Lawton said he had top pair potential and a more desirable prospect than Vakanainen.

That's quite the change from draft day when not only they had no video montage of Lohrei playing in the USHL, they had no idea who he was and Lawton said "I found him in my notes! Didn't impress me" or something like that (couldn't find a video of the moment)

Reactions: Flannelman and DKH

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sakic is another overrated GM. Guys been the GM in Colorado since 2013 and they've missed the playoffs in 3 of his first 4 years. Over the last few seasons they've finally become a good team because of drafting so high...

2013 - MacKinnon #1OA
2015 - Rantanen #10OA
2017 - Makar #4OA

^some of the more notable players he's drafted in the Top 10.

Sakic has had (5) Top 10 picks since he's been the GM of the Avalanche. For as long as he's been there as the GM and he's only drafted 4 guys that have played 100+ games in the NHL (we'll call it 5 because Makar should make it this year). The other two are Butcher (none played with Colorado) and Jost (another Top 10 pick). His 2 big trades were moving O'Reilly and hindsight 20/20 he lost that trade. The other was Duchene, which he won because he got a stupid haul on. Like every other GM, he's had a few good trades, a bunch of meh trades and some bad trades. His signings fall the same few good ones, mostly meh and a few bad ones.

Again like Yzerman, Sakic is grossly overrated as a GM. Hell of player and one of the best (like Yzerman), but overrated as a GM.

They drafted Rantanen 10th overall where Sweeney had the 3 top15 picks and those 3 won’t return Rantanen.

Sakic traded Duchene which lead to Byram and Girard, to key players moving forward on their blueline.

Center position has been a weakness for Colorado, what did Sakic do?
Go out and add Kadri.

Wing depth has been an issue for Colorado, what has Sakic done?
Gone out and added Saad, Donskoi, Burakovsky(on top of drafting franchise winger).

While also having rebuild the entire defense with Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram.

You look at that list and 2 guys were drafted by their pick.
Toews, Kadri, Byram, Donskoi, Girard, Burakovsky are players he has brought in another way.

They also have Newhook, 20y C prospect waiting on the wings.

He hasn’t made many mistakes in the recent years, early on for sure but he has learnt unlike some.

& Now they look to be the next Tampa.

Where as with Sweeney we are still looking for that (even) single top6 F addition and are completely depended at C on 35y old and 34y old.
6 years strong.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The Bruins could have addressed the offense this season with a few signings that could have improved the team:

Toffoli hurts on so many levels...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Im sure you saw Carter Verhaeghe producing like that. Just stupid to even put him down.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yes?

Ladd, Okposo, Lucic, Seabrook, Skinner, Backes, Beleskey, Neal, Eriksson........

You don’t even know what Palmieri’s next contract is going to look like.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Im sure you saw Carter Verhaeghe producing like that. Just stupid to even put him down.

LMAO I remember seeing his name come up in some searching and thinking "who in the hell is this guy?"

I mean how could Sweeney not know that a 24yr old w/ a career 13pt in 52 games was going to be a nearly point per game player this year? It was so obvious that everyone in the hockey world knew that TBL was crazy for not giving him a QO. This guy had so many people lining up to sign him that he landed a massive 2yr / $1 million contract :laugh:

Toffoli is another one I laugh about. He's scoring at a rate that puts him at 50G over 82gp, but again plays in a division where defense is optional. How did every other GM not see him as a 50G guy :laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
They drafted Rantanen 10th overall where Sweeney had the 3 top15 picks and those 3 won’t return Rantanen.

Sakic traded Duchene which lead to Byram and Girard, to key players moving forward on their blueline.

Center position has been a weakness for Colorado, what did Sakic do?
Go out and add Kadri.

Wing depth has been an issue for Colorado, what has Sakic done?
Gone out and added Saad, Donskoi, Burakovsky(on top of drafting franchise winger).

While also having rebuild the entire defense with Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram.

You look at that list and 2 guys were drafted by their pick.
Toews, Kadri, Byram, Donskoi, Girard, Burakovsky are players he has brought in another way.

They also have Newhook, 20y C prospect waiting on the wings.

He hasn’t made many mistakes in the recent years, early on for sure but he has learnt unlike some.

& Now they look to be the next Tampa.

Where as with Sweeney we are still looking for that (even) single top6 F addition and are completely depended at C on 35y old and 34y old.
6 years strong.

Still a vastly overrated GM. You'd think they way people talk about him he took a poverty franchise and turned them into a dynasty....yet they've never made a cup final or even a conference final. You want to know how good he is, wait till some of these studs start coming up for raises and Colorado has to start worrying about the cap. Next year alone they need to re-sign Landeskog, Makar and Saad. Right now CF has them at about $24 million in cap space with 12 guys signed. Landeskog and Makar alone could eat most of that cap space.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lets hope its not the Bruins finding that out. Want no part of this guy unless its a rental costing nothing more than a fourth round pick

You know for a fact he’ll cost more than that. Why wouldn’t you want a guy who’s scored 26, 24, 27, 25 and 8/34GP (20g pace in 82GP).

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Still a vastly overrated GM. You'd think they way people talk about him he took a poverty franchise and turned them into a dynasty....yet they've never made a cup final or even a conference final. You want to know how good he is, wait till some of these studs start coming up for raises and Colorado has to start worrying about the cap. Next year alone they need to re-sign Landeskog, Makar and Saad. Right now CF has them at about $24 million in cap space with 12 guys signed. Landeskog and Makar alone could eat most of that cap space.

Are there any vastly underrated GMs?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

I think management (or at least Fludo) believes that a big problem with the offense is that they're not getting clean breakout passes and that they don't have defensemen who can get point shots through traffic.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yes?

This team needs fresh talent, even with retained why use cap space that is worth gold to a 36-37y old.

When are they starting to look at longterm answers?
Add Brown and I’m afraid in 1.5 years we are in for a deep rebuild

Totally disagree on forward vs defense. They have too many defenders that don’t move the puck at an effective level for the playoffs. Too many defenders that add nothing in the offensive zone. It’s not an accident that their expected goals for % is 60 odd percent with McAvoy in the ice and 40 odd percent without him.

And totally agree on your point on ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad