Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just didn’t think Bjork carried much value. Thought it would require a higher regarded prospect and pick. Like Vaak and a 3rd. I definitely could be over valuing him.

I would think you are right. I can't imagine Palmeri going For that little. More likely they would demand Debrusk and a 3rd, maybe Vaak and a 2nd or 3rd

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He sure can be

2016 season had a stretch: 3-2-5 in 21 games and a -7
2018 season just before getting traded: 3-3-6 in 20 games and a -8
This year: 3-4-7 in 28 games and a -7

Yes. This is who Charlie Coyle has always been. He'll eventually play better, but this is why Minnesota gave up on him.
So you’re saying 6/5.25 per may have been a reach? :)

Reactions: 13Hockey

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I would think you are right. I can't imagine Palmeri going For that little. More likely they would demand Debrusk and a 3rd, maybe Vaak and a 2nd or 3rd
If so I don’t think thats worth it, doesn’t move the needle enough. Likely a pointless rental that walks.

Probably was worth it last year.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He sure can be

2016 season had a stretch: 3-2-5 in 21 games and a -7
2018 season just before getting traded: 3-3-6 in 20 games and a -8
This year: 3-4-7 in 28 games and a -7

Yes. This is who Charlie Coyle has always been. He'll eventually play better, but this is why Minnesota gave up on him.
Yup. Which is why I didn’t want him here, and the contract looks worse by the day.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think the Devils will take whatever deal they deem to be the best value.

You’re not negotiating with their demands. You’re up against what other teams will pay.

And this market is so bizarre right now it’s hard to tell if it benefits the buyers or the sellers.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I also hope it’s not DeBrusk for Palmeri

Totally agree: That would not be what you want to give up for a UFA. No Thanks.

Jake DeBrusk- LW | 6' 0" | 194 lb | Age: 24 224 games played and 127 Points signed for 3 years at 3.675
Kyle Palmieri -RW | 5' 11" | 185 lb | Age: 30 595 games played and 355 points UFA last contract at 4.650

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not in love with Bjork or anything, but how do you feel if Palmieri doesn't do much here/Bruins are bounced in round 1 or 2, then he leaves in the summer? Losing Bjork isn't the end of the world, but push comes to shove, we COULD just package him to get a player that'd be here longer. Spend more now, gain more later.

We've given up a lot of assets the past few years with little hardware or even current players to show for it. Feels like a continuing cycle of that, for a team that feels not as good as previous years. Add in the fact that we are likely down Rask again indefinitely. Palmieri is a 2nd line winger, albeit a very good one, but he's not signed, and having a bad year (against every team EXCEPT the Bruins).

Instead of continually just throwing assets out the window, maybe just overpay for once and get a guy that's going to be here for longer than hot minute. The amount of players/picks we've shipped out compared to who is still on the roster and what we've actually won, is humbling. Gotta rethink that strategy. Just my two cents.

I'm not against Palmieri if re-signed, but he isn't having a spectacular season, and I'd be cautious to give up anything if we are only going to get 20-ish games out of him, add in the Bruins/league-wide injury bug, with the condensed schedule, wouldn't even be surprised if whoever we acquired gets injured and plays even less than 20 games here. I'm pretty adamant against rentals at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sweeney in some acts of desperation makes the same old mistakes again.

Don't want Kyle.

Want: Rebuild. Keep Bergeron, Marchand, David P.

Keep the good young ones. Get rid of DeBrusk, Bjork, Kuraly, Wagner, and yes, David K. Ritchie, though improved, has no heart. Kase, nope.

They might also want to think about trading Tuukka. An excellent goaltender who tends to fade when it matters most, and now, perhap injury prone.

Vladar, I've liked. He's huge, which helps.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
LA is playing Arizona so let’s see. Garland maybe? Seems like the Connors are on the up. Have a look at 15yr old Connor Bedard leading the WHL in scoring, yes he’s only 15.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Domi was a 70 point player in a huge market just two years ago. Still young at 26 and loves to mix it up. Bruins fans wouldn't want that? Am I missing something here?
I don’t want him at all but I believe I’m an outlier when it comes to the Bruins

lot of great hockey fans and experts I’d go with what they want

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
to be honest if we finally keep pasta on line 2. we could really get any one of palmieri garland kessel carter brown etc to play first line rw.

we still need another lefty defenseman to get zboril off the ice.
a lefty to pair with carlo would be good.
then lauzon and miller as a 3rd pair(hoping miller is healthy. if not go after savard)

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who says Sweeney in LA

is this actually verifiable

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
to be honest if we finally keep pasta on line 2. we could really get any one of palmieri garland kessel carter brown etc to play first line rw.

we still need another lefty defenseman to get zboril off the ice.
a lefty to pair with carlo would be good.
then lauzon and miller as a 3rd pair(hoping miller is healthy. if not go after savard)
I wouldn’t bet on it, and if he is he’ll probably break down again shortly. He can’t be trusted to stay in the lineup, so I say go for the more solid replacement in Savard and if Miller somehow stays healthy it’s a plus.

I agree with keeping Pasta at that 2RW, and plugging whatever winger acquisition into the top line. Look at the difference it made for Smith, imagine what it could do for a goal scorer.

Having two legitimate scoring lines might help us score 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad