Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
My boy Jeff Gorton, best GM in the league

Funny that his last good team for the Rangers had a good D and was always missing top 6 forwards.

Imagine if Sweeney lucked into two top 2 picks and they were as disappointing as Laf and Kakko so far.

The hard on for Gorton because he was around during a good draft a long time ago astounds me.

Reactions: kjpm

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I don't care what anyone says here but taylor friggin hall is the prize tell me a bigger fish then that in the pond right now. Hope donny nabs him and puts him with bergy.
Marchy bergy hall
Ritchie dk pasta

Tell me a better 6 then that in the league?
Lets go !!

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I think management (or at least Fludo) believes that a big problem with the offense is that they're not getting clean breakout passes and that they don't have defensemen who can get point shots through traffic.

I would argue that the last thing they need is more shots far from the net. Despite being impotent offensively, they are 5th in the league at unblocked shot attempts per game (Fenwick/60) at 5 on 5. It's just that their expected goals are 29th and scoring chances per 60 is 21st. They shoot enough, in fact one could argue they shoot too much given the lack of quality.

Reactions: Gordoff

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Funny that his last good team for the Rangers had a good D and was always missing top 6 forwards.

Imagine if Sweeney lucked into two top 2 picks and they were as disappointing as Laf and Kakko so far.

The hard on for Gorton because he was around during a good draft a long time ago astounds me.

Don't forget the Savard and Chara signings and the Rask trade. Franchise transformational moves.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
So, best GM has no ties whatsoever to team success?

I guess that's possible. Or is it?

I would say getting the Bruins a Stanley Cup with a 2 month window might meet the criteria for success?

Edit: I would say the four responses denote that he is indeed underrated.

In FA he signed a 100 pt forward (Savard) and a Norris defenseman (Chara), so it wasn't just his stellar draft.

For the Rangers he has assembled arguably the best prospect pool in the NHL. And it is far far too early to call Laf or KK a bust. Even if they do bust, would anyone have drafted differently? They were consensus picks, and looked incredibly dominant at their levels.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Kalus

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I don't care what anyone says here but taylor friggin hall is the prize tell me a bigger fish then that in the pond right now. Hope donny nabs him and puts him with bergy.
Marchy bergy hall
Ritchie dk pasta

Tell me a better 6 then that in the league?
Lets go !!
On paper it looks amazing but..

EDIT: with Hall on the top line he just may be FORCED to give 110% while playing with Bergy and Marshy. Would be an amazing line if the real Taylor Hall showed up. Can you imagine?

The all Canadian line. Love it!

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So, best GM has no ties whatsoever to team success?

I guess that's possible. Or is it?
He got an inheritance

MOC is the guy now which is weird since I was here when the hate directed at him sure seemed 10 times Sweeney - it was bad

I learned he was fired walking into an afternoon Bruins game in the lobby and this place acted like Dorothy doused the witch

Now he’s responsible for the win the other night

only here can this crazy stuff be considered reality

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
GM must be a pretty tough position to fill.

Could be. IMO building a quality scouting department is hard/tough. Those are the guys the GM leans on for info. Have to think a great scouting department can make an average GM look good while a terrible scouting department could make great GM look awful. IDK Maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I would say getting the Bruins a Stanley Cup with a 2 month window might meet the criteria for success?

Edit: I would say the four responses denote that he is indeed underrated.

In FA he signed a 100 pt forward (Savard) and a Norris defenseman (Chara), so it wasn't just his stellar draft.

For the Rangers he has assembled arguably the best prospect pool in the NHL. And it is far far too early to call Laf or KK a bust. Even if they do bust, would anyone have drafted differently? They were consensus picks, and looked incredibly dominant at their levels.

You cannot give Gorton credit for a Bruins cup. The year he made those moves the Bruins missed the playoffs. They won a Cup 4 years later and Savard wasn't even part of it. The Rangers have had zero success with him as GM. One playoff round won. Out of the playoffs for 4 straight seasons if they miss again this season.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
You cannot give Gorton credit for a Bruins cup. The year he made those moves the Bruins missed the playoffs. They won a Cup 4 years later and Savard wasn't even part of it. The Rangers have had zero success with him as GM. One playoff round won. Out of the playoffs for 4 straight seasons if they miss again this season.

Did Milan Lucic, Chara, and Marchand contribute?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On paper it looks amazing but..

EDIT: with Hall on the top line he just may be FORCED to give 110% while playing with Bergy and Marshy. Would be an amazing line if the real Taylor Hall showed up. Can you imagine?

The all Canadian line. Love it!
Here is the problem with Hall

he’s not been the same since his knee injury

no different than pitchers like Matt Harvey or Cory Kluber or James Paxton or Chris Archer who suffer arm injuries and no longer what they were

Hall isn’t same guy; effort has 0.0 to do with it

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
honestly not sure what Sweeney has done to be in the upper echelon. he inherited most of his top players. outside of drafting McAvoy which was a bit of a no brainer he hasnt really done that much in my opinion. yes I know he signed a few players to good contracts but the amount of bad contracts more then negates the good in my opinion.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
i dont think either move the needle. They need an impact player not just another guy to take a shift and be average

Is Kyle Palmieri "average?" He's a league-leading scorer at right-wing, with only a handful of elite players in front of him for scoring at his position since the 2015 season. He's an impact player.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
upload_2021-4-5_11-40-0.jpeg

Sweeney in LA to bring back his replacement

Reactions: ylekot

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If Rask can come back fully rested and healthy, combined with Carlo and Miller returning for later in April, we really need to add here and take a shot.

Marshy-Bergy
Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle

That's as deep as anyone in the top three lines when looking at duos.
Sprinkling in Debrusk, Smith, Ritchie + top 6 forward X and that makes us very dangerous.
let's everyone keep in mind, Debrusk hasn't hit his stride, neither has Coyle and Smith and Krejci have recently both started to turn a corner. Kase is a wildcard at this point.

We would likely have to lose someone from the above but would love to add either 1) top4D + middle 9 forward or 2) top 6 forward and middle pair Dman

(Palmieri, Hall, Garland, Gaudreau, Wood, Monny) top 6, (Carter, Getzlaf, Bennett) middle lines
(OEL, Ekholm) top pair or (Savard, Manson) mid pair

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->