Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
30 isn’t really old anymore in sports like it use to be

Guys are well into there 30s now playing at elite levels
Bergeron
Marchand
Crosby
Ovechkin
Kane
Kopitar

the list goes on

Reactions: Kegs and TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Colorado is one of the top contenders in this league build by Sakic and look to be for a long time.
Sweeney has been living off the core that was already in Boston.

Sakic actually has learned and fixed his mistakes.
With Sweeney it’s always well lets wait untill trade deadline, oh no let’s wait until free agency, oh the season hasn’t even started yet so let’s wait more till we are back to waiting for trade deadline.....

How can you have the same hole on the roster that you had 6 years ago, something that isn’t even that difficult to address.

Sakic is another overrated GM. Guys been the GM in Colorado since 2013 and they've missed the playoffs in 3 of his first 4 years. Over the last few seasons they've finally become a good team because of drafting so high...

2013 - MacKinnon #1OA
2015 - Rantanen #10OA
2017 - Makar #4OA

^some of the more notable players he's drafted in the Top 10.

Sakic has had (5) Top 10 picks since he's been the GM of the Avalanche. For as long as he's been there as the GM and he's only drafted 4 guys that have played 100+ games in the NHL (we'll call it 5 because Makar should make it this year). The other two are Butcher (none played with Colorado) and Jost (another Top 10 pick). His 2 big trades were moving O'Reilly and hindsight 20/20 he lost that trade. The other was Duchene, which he won because he got a stupid haul on. Like every other GM, he's had a few good trades, a bunch of meh trades and some bad trades. His signings fall the same few good ones, mostly meh and a few bad ones.

Again like Yzerman, Sakic is grossly overrated as a GM. Hell of player and one of the best (like Yzerman), but overrated as a GM.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m reading all the talk about GM’s and at first misread your post as suggesting Darren Dreger as a GM. I would personally like to profusely apologize for the mean things I said out loud to you! Again, my sincere apologies!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
LOL yeah I would have not blamed you if that is what I actually meant.

Reactions: Number8

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Noooooo I can see it now....Don will land one of Riley Nash and Bobby Ryan plus covidided Edler....

----------------------

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-april-4-2021/
Bruins Top Trade Targets

According to Fluto Shinzawa of The Athletic, the top trade blue line targets for the Boston Bruins include Nashville’s Mattias Ekholm, Arizona’s Alex Goligoski, Detroit’s Jon Merrill and Ottawa’s Mike Reilly. He did also include Vancouver’s Alex Edler, but that was prior to news Edler was added to the Canucks protocol list.

At forward, he’s listed Columbus’ Riley Nash, New Jersey’s Kyle Palmieri and Miles Wood, Anaheim’s Rickard Rakell, and Detroit’s Bobby Ryan.

Shinzawa writes:
The Boston Bruins are not comfortable in the East Division. They have games in hand on every opponent. But this also means an even more compressed schedule for their stretch run. This encourages injuries, which the Bruins are already familiar with.
source – ‘Bruins’ top 10 trade targets: Mattias Ekholm an ideal fit, but Alexander Edler a better cost’ – Fluto Shinzawa – The Athletic – 04/02/021
Shinzawa pointed out that historically, general manager Don Sweeney likes to trade for players with term. That said, because of the flat cap and the expansion draft, acquiring pending unrestricted free agents may be Sweeney’s only alternative.
Related

Dang it, I was eating breakfast when I started reading this....
ain't now...

Reactions: Gordoff

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Sakic is another overrated GM. Guys been the GM in Colorado since 2013 and they've missed the playoffs in 3 of his first 4 years. Over the last few seasons they've finally become a good team because of drafting so high...

2013 - MacKinnon #1OA
2015 - Rantanen #10OA
2017 - Makar #4OA

^some of the more notable players he's drafted in the Top 10.

Sakic has had (5) Top 10 picks since he's been the GM of the Avalanche. For as long as he's been there as the GM and he's only drafted 4 guys that have played 100+ games in the NHL (we'll call it 5 because Makar should make it this year). The other two are Butcher (none played with Colorado) and Jost (another Top 10 pick). His 2 big trades were moving O'Reilly and hindsight 20/20 he lost that trade. The other was Duchene, which he won because he got a stupid haul on. Like every other GM, he's had a few good trades, a bunch of meh trades and some bad trades. His signings fall the same few good ones, mostly meh and a few bad ones.

Again like Yzerman, Sakic is grossly overrated as a GM. Hell of player and one of the best (like Yzerman), but overrated as a GM.
Bruins fans will pick apart any gm haha. No gm is safe here. Mistakes will be noticed.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I still want Palmieri.

I can understand not wanting a UFA, but I feel like it’s something teams would prefer with the expansion draft. If that’s not the case then there is no reason he couldn’t potentially be extended. He’s a good player and I think he is the type of wing that could play well on any of the Bruins top 3 lines.

Just my opinion, I’ve been a fan for awhile. I don’t think he will cost a ton either. Still think he ends up in Long Island though

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Brown has way more points then Palmeri. And he is very clutch. I hate his contract though. Bruins would be stuck with him until he is into his late 30s with a massive salary hit. For me they have to retain salary.

I would like to add evander Kane. I know it’s not popular opinion but he is playing well and he is the perfect Bruin on the ice. He is fast strong and crazy. He hits, scores goals and fights. He is a great power forward. Signed through next season I believe. And at this point I’d say his off ice shenanigans are over. Guys probably had way more then enough trouble for one life time. He needs to play well because he needs the money :sarcasm::popcorn:
LA would have to retain 50% in order for me to even consider Brown and even then I would not give up much for him.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
LA would have to retain 50% in order for me to even consider Brown and even then I would not give up much for him.
But u know brown has 15 goals right? He having a career year hahah. I’d take him with salary retention for sure.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
But u know brown has 15 goals right? He having a career year hahah. I’d take him with salary retention for sure.
Yes I know he has resurrected his career this year, but still too much money for an older player, but at $3m for next year, yes I think about it, if the cost to get him is not high. I do like the idea of adding Kempe, could be a solid 3rd line guy, but we still need a real top 6 forward like a Rakell, also another D and who knows maybe help in goal.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Yes I know he has resurrected his career this year, but still too much money for an older player, but at $3m for next year, yes I think about it, if the cost to get him is not high. I do like the idea of adding Kempe, could be a solid 3rd line guy, but we still need a real top 6 forward like a Rakell, also another D and who knows maybe help in goal.
I think we have enough solid third line guys. Rakel would be amazing. Even though he is injured I’d be happy if they added him. He is such a complete player.

Reactions: bbfan419

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I still want Palmieri.

I can understand not wanting a UFA, but I feel like it’s something teams would prefer with the expansion draft. If that’s not the case then there is no reason he couldn’t potentially be extended. He’s a good player and I think he is the type of wing that could play well on any of the Bruins top 3 lines.

Just my opinion, I’ve been a fan for awhile. I don’t think he will cost a ton either. Still think he ends up in Long Island though
I feel like this will play a huge part in this years trade deadline.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Over half of his goals have come via the PP...actually nearly half his production has come via the PP.

Reactions: Kegs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mason Lohrei turning heads in USHL

An NHL source with regular viewings of the USHL could not stop raving recently about Mason Lohrei, the Green Bay Gamblers defenseman the Bruins drafted 58th in 2020.
“Best defenseman in the league,” the source said. “An NHL player.”
Through 40 games, the 6-foot-4, 204-pound left-shot defenseman led all USHL blueliners with 53 points (15 goals, 38 assists). Part of this is because Lohrei is 20, three years older than some of his teammates and opponents. But he has used his age and size to his advantage in all situations. Lohrei will be a freshman at Ohio State this fall.
Whether the Bruins would use Lohrei as trade collateral is unknown. He would fit the profile of a high-end prospect.

Athletic today Fluto

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Mason Lohrei turning heads in USHL

An NHL source with regular viewings of the USHL could not stop raving recently about Mason Lohrei, the Green Bay Gamblers defenseman the Bruins drafted 58th in 2020.
“Best defenseman in the league,” the source said. “An NHL player.”
Through 40 games, the 6-foot-4, 204-pound left-shot defenseman led all USHL blueliners with 53 points (15 goals, 38 assists). Part of this is because Lohrei is 20, three years older than some of his teammates and opponents. But he has used his age and size to his advantage in all situations. Lohrei will be a freshman at Ohio State this fall.
Whether the Bruins would use Lohrei as trade collateral is unknown. He would fit the profile of a high-end prospect.

Athletic today Fluto

Man Sweeney got called whatnot for picking him. People wanted him in 5th or 6th round without knowing that he would have been still on the board. So far Sweeney was right for picking him where he was picked

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
30 isn’t really old anymore in sports like it use to be

Guys are well into there 30s now playing at elite levels
Bergeron
Marchand
Crosby
Ovechkin
Kane
Kopitar

the list goes on

You notice something common with them?
They are all franchise talents with some generational talent in the mix.

You can sign your franchise guys but you shouldn’t be signing non franchise guys to expensive UFA deals

NHL especially has gotten younger and faster over the last few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad