WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by ColePens, Feb 29, 2020.

1. REMINDER: Political Discussion is NOT PERMITTED
    Dismiss Notice
  1. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Roman Reigns, this guy is like the best heel we’ve seen in years

David71, Kaner9, CDJ and 2 others like this.
  2. Islesfan2019 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Is it just me or is Smackdown vastly superior to RAW?

I don't watch the live shows anymore, but usually do browse the WWE YouTube page every Monday and Friday for the highlight videos. And there's always numerous Smackdown videos I want to watch, and maybe like one RAW video that draws my interest enough to click.

Jussi and Kaner9 like this.
  3. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This entire Reign's story is easily the best stuff I've seen creatively in a very long time. I've read that Heyman and Reigns are being given a lot of leeway as far as input goes into their angle, his character, and where this storyline is headed. It shows, you can see their paying attention to details and the little things like Reign's body language, mannerisms, pacing, etc. And give Reigns credit he's going out in front of the camera and executing.

Kaner9 and CDJ like this.
  4. kanuck87 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'm not buying the new Roman Reigns quite yet. He's being handed this easy story line on a silver platter with an opponent who's going to let Roman run him over. I'm not convinced that Roman would look this good feuding with someone else.

5. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Smackdown >>> Raw now. It isn't all heel Roman but he helps alot. Imagine... giving the fans what they wanted!

6. SchwartzBluesFirst ClapTrap the Mistake

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Annoying
    Sooooo, Not even two weeks into Ali being the leader of Retribution and we are already burying them..... Fun.

Kaner9 and CreamOfTheCrop like this.
  7. David71 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    no sense of direction from the wwe writers at all..

Kaner9 likes this.
  8. CDJ Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 49,950
    Wow they really did kill them lol, the rare double bury

David71 and Kaner9 like this.
  9. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Pat McAfee is back

SchwartzBluesFirst and Kaner9 like this.
  10. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I knew it would happen but still disappointed about it. Wwe cant let things be good.

Except for heel Roman maybe........ please :help:

11. CDJ Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 49,950
    Damn no hype for the ppv tonight from anybody?

I hear Sasha vs Bayley was incredible and I know they buried Retribution again

12. Jussi Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    My stream showed the post-ppv WWE Chronicle On Bayley which was shot during about 4 weeks from end of September through October 12th. She lost her step dad 30 minutes before the match vs Asuka at Clash Of Champions. :( Not sure if she even got to the funeral. I would not be surprised if she took time off. Also got the impression she/they want her and Sasha to feud with other people from now on.

13. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    After all this time it definitely delivered

Kaner9 and Jussi like this.
  14. WingsMJN2965 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We can thank corona killing house shows for finally getting the Roman the business needed. He showed this potential way back at MITB vs. Seth when he pushed him around and trash talked him about the knee injury. Now we finally get it full time.

He's also benefitting big time from no crowds allowing him to shit talk during matches. If they can keep this character going back to a crowd favorite, WWE might finally have a universally beloved star on their hands.

xtra and Kaner9 like this.
  15. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Sasha Bayley was real good :nod:. Roman is still killin it and Retribution is just dead by now.

The wwe championship match tho.... :thumbd: bad move wwe. Bad move.

CDJ likes this.
  16. xtra Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    This whole orton-McIntyre-fiend thing with Miz lurking in the background with the briefcase is the first interesting thing raw has had in a while.

Also retribution is a bust and now are taking Ali down with them

17. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I flicked on Raw last night and could of sworn I was watching an episode of Smackdown.

Stroman, Hardy, Styles, New Day, Wyatt, Miz, Morrison, Elias, Sheamus, Riddle......how does a viewer get invested in any of this crap when you basically shuffle up the entire roster of a show. What's left of pre-draft RAW? The show now is basically Orton, McIntyre, and the bulk of the pre-draft SD roster minus Reigns. If a viewer was actually getting invested in the characters on RAW pre-draft, so they expect that viewer to now jump over and begin watching SD, a show that airs on a worse night of the week for TV viewing I might add? Or that the viewer who only watches RAW won't care that the characters they like are all gone and been replaced with a bunch of SD characters they weren't familiar with or care about?

It's clearly true what some people (even some former WW stars say). It's not about the performers anymore, it's all about the WWE brand, that is the star. They naively believe for fans it's WWE they are hooked on, not the characters on the screen, so they can move performers around from show to show and it won't really matter.

Another point of contention.....I see they are doing the whole "brand war" stuff again for SS. It's getting pretty repetitive. Does it really mean anything when they basically shuffled 2/3rds of each shows roster like a week ago? Even had the rosters remained intact, it's a lame concept that basically puts everything on hold for a month so they can have these inter-brand matches. Then the week after SS, they'll pretend like SS never even happened. How can you tell stories like this? So they are going to write an angle where they have Orton/Wyatt/McIntyre feuding while were suppose to care that Orton (a heel) is about to face Reigns (a heel) in a inter-brand match that does nothing for either guy. Who loses that match? Why would you want you champion to f'n lose? I could say the same thing about the women's champ match, the IC/US match, the tag teams, etc.
    You got the best thing they've had going (by far) in many, many years in the Reigns tribal chief story and now your going to take focus off that so he can face Orton at SS? Is there some rule that states the SS MUST be inter-brand matches and champs facing champs?

Just lazy moronic booking. I'm convinced at this point there really is no hope for WWE. They have no idea what they are doing.

Kaner9 likes this.
  18. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Last year had as much purpose behind the 'brand wars' as any other time they've done this at least. And very little of it worked.

19. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Matt Riddle is now simply ‘Riddle’

That is all

Kaner9 likes this.
  20. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Imagine the NBA or NHL or NFL planned the championship as a battle of conference supremacy. THAT is wwe's SS plan every single year and it sucks. Its even worse because wwe switches the roster so much that you cant notice or care who is exclusive on what show. :thumbd:

BruinDust likes this.
  21. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    What really stinks about the "SS Brand War" isn't just that it's repetitive concept that holds little to no value especially given the turnover of the rosters of both shows, is that it never leads to anything. It's like the WWE has this 4-week storyline bubble, and when it's over, it's like it never happened.

Go back to 1997, or 1998, or 1999. SS was a huge turning point in the storylines leading into WM. Some of the biggest Raw shows I can remember were the Raw just after the SS PPV in the late 90s. They weren't restricted to essentially a gimmick PPV where certain things and match-ups HAD to take place, but advanced the story in a meaningful and interesting way.

I know long-term booking is very challenging for WWE creative, but what chance to they have when they basically write off an entire month of TV so they can re-do the phony brand war that no one buys into because they know the brand extension means basically nothing at this point. Do they think another Team Raw vs. Team SD SS match is going to excite fans?

It's not just SS. Money-in-the-bank is another tired concept. I'd even say the same thing about the Rumble winner going to the main event of WM. Give the winner a title shot at the February PPV, or the April PPV. Why limit your storytelling every single year to essentially the same story over and over, Rumble winner goes to WM to face one of the champs.

Kaner9 likes this.
  22. GKJ Global Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    They don’t write a month ahead of time so there’s not really anything to miss in that aspect.

23. David71 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    roman and usos heel stable? coming

Kaner9 likes this.
  24. Jussi Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Post-draft, it's still miles better than Raw right now. Is it because Vince is less involved in SD?

25. SchwartzBluesFirst ClapTrap the Mistake

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Annoying
    AJ just looks like he's having fun right now. It's great.