WWE: WWE Network special shows

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll be pissed if they induct Vader now that he's passed away. He should have been in there years ago, or at least while he was still healthy.

But yeah. Really enjoyed the Mark Henry doc. That was pretty good.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Matt Riddle special after RAW on the network.
(this should be good for those who didnt follow his indy stuff...)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh yes. but riddle is JUST starting. so i think they;ll be talking more about MMA and his indy shit than his nxt run.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That Special was sweet. Basically was him making the move to Florida, and his debut and then his squash of Ohno.

Didn’t realize he had such a big family.

I remember watching him on TUF. Thought he would be a special fighter back then. Crazy KO power and yeah, didn’t seem to like the UFC management (can’t blame him there)

Very likeable guy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
so, Roman was told his blood work was coming back off and they had him do another blood test on a live event loop that weekend before he made his announcement and they broke the news to him on Monday at TV.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm watching this Photoshoot show and it's with Dolph tonight, and it's really easy to forget how insanely over he was for years until fans gave up.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I stumbled on the "Photo Shoot" series on the Network last night too. Watched the Eric Bischoff and Jim Cornette episodes which were enjoyable. If you haven't seen it, it's a 20-25 minute show where they show the subject various old photos and get their quick reactions. Nothing too earth shattering, but there were some good genuine reactions.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Road Dogg just said on this untold thing that if they knew Rock wasn’t going to be available to do Rock/HHH at WM32 they would have probably changed the result and had Sting go over HHH.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
There’s the last shield match on the network. Not sure if we’re live. But house shows are funny..

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ambrose’s promo was great after the match. It reminded me of his MITB “technicality” promo when he and Rollins grabbed the title and fell together but Rollins gained possession.

WWE’s YouTube documenting this weekend shows how emotional Rollins was during it all. I don’t know why but I didn’t expect such a strong emotional response from him because out of the ring, he and Dean weren’t really the absolute closest like Dean/Roman/Usos but obviously the wrestling soulmates part hits hard for him, and they did travel together for a long time.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not sure if it was mentioned in the other threads, but the Bret Hart / Tom Magee match was added to the Network. Before they showed the match, they had interview portions with Bret, Sean Waltman, Tyson Kidd, and Harry Smith (to my surprise). They also interviewed Chris Hero and Sam Roberts to add to the mystique of the match since they were avid tape traders back in the day and nobody had a copy of this one.

Edit: And to steal somebody else's observation, it was a nice treat to hear Gorilla/Heenan do commentary. Since it was a house show match, I was surprised that there was commentary. Although according to one article, they thought about showing it in Europe at some point?

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not sure if it was mentioned in the other threads, but the Bret Hart / Tom Magee match was added to the Network. Before they showed the match, they had interview portions with Bret, Sean Waltman, Tyson Kidd, and Harry Smith (to my surprise). They also interviewed Chris Hero and Sam Roberts to add to the mystique of the match since they were avid tape traders back in the day and nobody had a copy of this one.

Edit: And to steal somebody else's observation, it was a nice treat to hear Gorilla/Heenan do commentary. Since it was a house show match, I was surprised that there was commentary. Although according to one article, they thought about showing it in Europe at some point?

God he was so bad. I remembered that from back in the day, but to watch the Bret match and the DiBiase match makes me think he’s one of the most uncoordinated wrestlers I’ve ever seen. And the fact that the DiBiase match was a couple of years later doesn’t do him any favors.

In a similar vein, I just watched Hidden Gems - Razor Ramon vs. Tito Santana. First, Scott Hall looks like he has chicken legs when wearing tights. I can’t even imagine him being able to successfully pull off that character as he originally debuted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad