Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I know that hits are always counted differently, so I don't think much of the stat, but they are saying that tonight's game had the most hits of any game since they started recording it as a stat (2005?).

The only skater in the game who didn't record a hit: You're never going to believe this, but it was Nick Cousins.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think Tampa takes the next one, sort of like when a dying animal gets the last spurt of adrenaline right before it expires.

What a team and run though! Two cups to show for it and three HoF careers (or four?). Those Lightning teams were one of the best teams ever in the modern NHL. (Salary cap)

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
TWO cups! Panthers are just way better.

Hopefully, you guys can use the extra rest

I think Tampa takes the next one, sort of like when a dying animal gets the last spurt of adrenaline right before it expires.

What a team and run though! Two cups to show for it and three HoF careers (or four?). Those Lightning teams were one of the best teams ever in the modern NHL. (Salary cap)
VASY, Stammer, Kuch and Hedman all going to the hall.

Point is a maybe right now. But I can see him getting enough points to get in eventually.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

No way, the Panthers have to go hard on Saturday. We need to return the favor for 2022.

Reactions: Alex1234

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
End of an era for TB. Pretty shocked at how lopsided this series has been, TB looked like a scary team the last couple of months. Florida is a wagon though, don't see anyone beating them in the East.
Canes, Rags and Bruins are all good too but I really feel like Vegas, who won the Cup easily last year and improved their team significantly, is going to waltz to another.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Well.... Lightning had plenty of opportunities, some they earned themselves and some were from friendly refs employed by NHL/E$PN, to make business 1st decisions. More than not, one can count of refs for Game/Series management. Lightning couldn't even take advantage of all that tonight. So Lightning will do what teams, that don't step-up in those moments, get a ticket home soon.

Florida did what "Cup" contending teams do, fought through it all. They hung through all the Lightning pushes too. Plus, they're goalie is giving Lightning taste of own Goalie-medicine Vasy dished out for yrs. It's happens, Bob is a grade A goalie who's playing well. Always helps to have good D helping things out, Bob has one of best in NHL at this time. Kudos to Florida for getting win on-the-road, this what it takes to win "Cup". Winning games like this.

Series isn't over, but it would take crazy turnaround from Lightning to do it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
'MVP" Kuch with 1 primary point.
Ain’t even mad

48c4b0eec56649b98a75950ea89a5ccd.jpg

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
A couple years ago Montreal went further than Leafs did since color photography was evented

Price was drafted in 2005 though. I’m glad he found some success before he had to retire. Montreal’s core was much older than Toronto’s and that was their pinnacle in Price’s 16 years.

As Kucherov said though, their Stanley Cup was just getting to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad