Confirmed Trade: [WSH/SJS] Brenden Dillon (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick, cond. 2021 3rd round pick

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Most studies show that there really is no difference between a 3rd and a 4th.

But Montreal aren't guaranteed a 4th round pick. Blues need to win 2 rounds AND Scandella plays half the games or St Louise re-signs him. I'd suggest he won't be in the line up and will be simply depth. I'd be VERY surprised if St Louis re-signed him.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Siegenthaler got bumped to 7? And then they still have Djoos, Feher, Alex^2 that's some solid dman depth. Washington looks sneakily good.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Siegenthaler got bumped to 7? And then they still have Djoos, Feher, Alex^2 that's some solid dman depth. Washington looks sneakily good.
Don’t forget Nardella, who has been shot out of a cannon out of nowhere. Sadly, LuJo looks like a bust at this point - just can’t stay healthy. I hope they move him in a package at the TDL for a FWD.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Good trade all around. Dillon is a very solid and reliable D man that’ll definitely help in heavy playoff hockey, sharks get a couple decent picks and I bet Dillon would be open to returning July 1st if the Sharks were interested.

Reactions: Bananas

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I still cant believe the fact that when he was 14 years old he went undrafted in the WHL cause he was 5'3 in bantam lol. A couple years later Seattle gave him a chance and he grew like a weed and became built like a truck.

Reactions: Bananas

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Already tough and strong Caps team, just got better. They are even bigger favorites as of now from the East. Having Wilson, Ovy, Gudas, Hathaway, now Dillon... Yeah not the best team to play in the playoffs. The most physical team IMO

I don't think they are the favorites but I agree about the physical part.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Why? Did you already forget about 2016? Or has he got so much better since then?

As someone who was very low on Dillon in his first few years with us, yes he has gotten much better since.

He is a really good complimentary partner to his D partner. He can honestly play on the top pair as long as the RD is a stud, as he seems to elevate his game based on his partner, and I do not mean he just mooches off them, but actually plays better himself while also benefiting from his partner.

Not sure who Carlson's partner is, or how entrenched that pair is, but if its not set in stone, WSH might honestly want to look at using Dillon there. Not saying he will for sure work with Carlson, but based on Dillon's play with guys like Karlsson and Burns, its worth a look.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I don't think they are the favorites but I agree about the physical part.

Don't let last 5-6 games fool you... Every single team has bad stretches. Of course they are not HEAVY favorites, Boston and Tampa are right in the mix with them, but Caps are just a bit better for me especially in the playoffs where physical part counts more than in regular season.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Tampa, now Washington. Both just got so much tougher to play against. Not going to be fun playing them.
You forgot Pittsburgh... they got the best player of the 3. Watch out. Sid is rested and ready. As you should be aware never count the penguins out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad