Confirmed Trade: [WSH/SJS] Brenden Dillon (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick, cond. 2021 3rd round pick

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Washington got a solid deal here, dilly is a warrior and pretty solid all around.

Reactions: Phu

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Not sure I understand trading for a left shot defenseman when 2nd pair right side defender is the biggest need.

Reactions: Morrison

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
We coulda got this deal at anytime for Dillon. Prices are high right now and I dont think Doug took advantage
What more could we have asked for? It's a 2nd and a 3rd. A 3rd is about the going price for any prospect a team would be willing to move. It's exactly what a majority of Sharks fans have been wanting all along.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Washington always scooping in out of nowhere and pulling off these trades lol

nice haul for SJ though

Caps swoop out of nowhere only because their front office doesn't leak and dealing with them requires no leaking on the other end.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not sure I understand trading for a left shot defenseman when 2nd pair right side defender is the biggest need.

1. Best defenseman they could get. Orlov can play the right.
2. Kempny lately has been at least as big a problem as Jensen.

2 options. Dillon and Carlson together and they play the top defense assignments or Dillon and Orlov on the right take the top defense assignments

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I was hoping for 2 2nds or possibly even a late first since he’s one of the better D men rentals this year, but this seems about right for both sides.

physical d man who can skate pretty well, doesn’t usually make many mistakes, will drop the gloves, can handle the puck without his stick exploding, but don’t expect him to wow you at all offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad