Confirmed Trade: [WSH/SJS] Brenden Dillon (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick, cond. 2021 3rd round pick

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Sharks fans acted like they would get a 1st and solid prospect for him LOL 50% retained and a 2nd. Welcome to reality.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Please show me who said this. Show me ONE person who said this.

There are certainly many people who thought he would get a first, or a top prospect...although not both.

The return does seem underwhelming considering what Greene and Scandella went for, especially since the 2nd could be quite late. A late-first or a pair of 2nds was what I was expecting. I'm sure that some teams offered a 2nd + a "B" prospect, and DW rejected it because the Sharks have enough of those.

Via SJSharks

You said "and", not "or," and then inserted the word "solid". A tendentious reading indeed...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
There are certainly many people who thought he would get a first, or a top prospect...although not both.

The return does seem underwhelming considering what Greene and Scandella went for, especially since the 2nd could be quite late. A late-first or a pair of 2nds was what I was expecting. I'm sure that some teams offered a 2nd + a "B" prospect, and DW rejected it because the Sharks have enough of those.

You said "and", not "or," and then inserted the word "solid". A tendentious reading indeed...

2nd and 50% retained is nowhere near 2nd+prospect or 1st.

Like I've been trying to tell you guys you have unrealistic expectations on returns.

Your not making the playoffs and UFA and expect the world for an average d-man.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Via SJSharks

That wasn't what I was looking for.

You said:

Sharks fans acted like they would get a 1st and solid prospect for him

That is not the same as this:

2nd+prospect or a 1st (can have conditions)

I don't know if you're just moving the goal posts right now, or if you sincerely just can't tell the difference, but either way it's getting embarrassing and you should probably quit while you're already behind in a stupid game that you shouldn't have started playing in the first place.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
That wasn't what I was looking for.

You said:

That is not the same as this:

I don't know if you're just moving the goal posts right now, or if you sincerely just can't tell the difference, but either way it's getting embarrassing and you should probably quit while you're already behind in a stupid game that you shouldn't have started playing in the first place.
He does this regularly if it involves the Sharks. All of us have come in peace to wish the Caps luck and say how much we love Dillon and he comes in swinging for no reason. I really don’t understand it, and I typically enjoy swinging but read the room.

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Not to mention, we are under the assumption that DW let Dillon give some input as to where he would be traded. That changes your demand a lot.

Reactions: Phu and themelkman

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He does this regularly if it involves the Sharks. All of us have come in peace to wish the Caps luck and say how much we love Dillon and he comes in swinging for no reason. I really don’t understand it, and I typically enjoy swinging but read the room.

This is seriously the most vanilla trade, with a return right on the mark of what everybody predicted, that we will see this trade deadline.

Trying to dunk on anybody because of this trade is like trying to dunk on a basketball court without a basket...or a ball. You just fall flat on your face and look stupid while doing it.

Reactions: Phu and Kegsey

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

He's a ******ed Penguins fan, spent like a month arguing that the Capitals cup parade crowd was photoshopped and actually like 20 people or some insane shit. You're getting off lightly here.

My impression of Dillon was that he's a good 3rd pairing D and watching DeMelo go for just a 3rd was grating but everyone seems to think he's more than that and this is a good trade for the Caps so cool. We need defensive stability if that's what he brings

Kegsey

Oct 20, 2011
Canada
He's a ******ed Penguins fan, spent like a month arguing that the Capitals cup parade crowd was photoshopped and actually like 20 people or some insane ****. You're getting off lightly here.

My impression of Dillon was that he's a good 3rd pairing D and watching DeMelo go for just a 3rd was grating but everyone seems to think he's more than that and this is a good trade for the Caps so cool. We need defensive stability if that's what he brings

He brings pretty much everything but scoring. He hits, he fights, he can get the puck out, he will stick up for anyone and he’s super hard to play against. I know plus/minus is a bullshit stat but I can almost confidently say that Dillon has been top 3 in +/- for the Sharks aside from when he was with Polak.

You guys got a really great dude who I am very much going to miss, and I don’t say that lightly.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
He brings pretty much everything but scoring. He hits, he fights, he can get the puck out, he will stick up for anyone and he’s super hard to play against. I know plus/minus is a bull**** stat but I can almost confidently say that Dillon has been top 3 in +/- for the Sharks aside from when he was with Polak.

You guys got a really great dude who I am very much going to miss, and I don’t say that lightly.

That's reassuring, I take it he took a step forward since the cup run then. We need an Orpik like presence for sure

Reactions: Another AZ

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Bro... do we gotta go through this bs again? Why is everything a competition? You just got a fan favorite for not much, ****ing take a win.

And none of us said that.
The guy is a totally deranged Pens fan. He keeps making threads that get deleted about how the Caps all use steroids and actually argued that assists matter more than goals or points just to shit in Ovi. He also spent a lot of time claiming the 2018 Cup was rigged. I'd say don't worry about him too much.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good deal for both teams. Dillon is an under valued heart-and-soul player with some of the league’s best defensive metrics over the past two seasons.

saw that interview he gave recently when asked about possibly playing his last game there for SJ

I say it on the bruins board all the time- the only thing I want out of a professional athlete that I root for is for them to care about each other/ the team/the game as much as I care about watching it as a fan.

Nobody can say that Dillon didn’t love y’all and give it everything he had. Feel bad for the guy but that’s business I guess.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
The guy is a totally deranged Pens fan. He keeps making threads that get deleted about how the Caps all use steroids and actually argued that assists matter more than goals or points just to **** in Ovi. He also spent a lot of time claiming the 2018 Cup was rigged. I'd say don't worry about him too much.

Lol! Deranged Pens fan. That use of verbiage made me spit my drink out. Just thinking of the dude accusing a whole organization of steroid abuse is equally hilarious. I need to frequent the Mains more often.

Reactions: themelkman

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Good trade for the Caps. We need a steady defenseman or two. Siegenthaler has been shaky and Kempny has been wandering all over the place lately. Fehervary didn’t look ready during his last stint either. I love Djoos but he can’t handle the front of the net.

Like some others have mentioned I think it makes a lot of sense to see how Dillon does next to Carlson.

Reactions: Phu and themelkman

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sharks fans acted like they would get a 1st and solid prospect for him LOL 50% retained and a 2nd. Welcome to reality.
Care to point to any specific examples? Most Sharks fans expected something around a 2nd from what I saw. This return is actually pretty much exactly in line with what I expected and I think many Sharks fans expected.

Reactions: themelkman

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The Sharks get a 3rd rounder either way the only condition is if the pick is in 2020 or 2021

Also these were the same picks we traded Bura for in the offseason if you want to compare value

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The Sharks get a 3rd rounder either way the only condition is if the pick is in 2020 or 2021

Also these were the same picks we traded Bura for in the offseason if you want to compare value
Totally fair value, I think some of us were hoping for better than fair though especially after Greene and Scandella

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I guess San Jose finally embracing tanking now, trading away their best defensive d-man.
You already got rid of Braun & Ryan, Vlasic the only one left, Hawks be interested if you was kind enough
and give him, for a generous value...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad