Confirmed Trade: [WSH/SJS] Brenden Dillon (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick, cond. 2021 3rd round pick

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Sellers market? This was a pretty fair deal, exactly what we should have expected. A 2nd with an additional conditional pick.

I agree with this. I was thinking a late first + add from San Jose. But this is pretty much even.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Tampa, now Washington. Both just got so much tougher to play against. Not going to be fun playing them.

Takes 1 team to move, Pens got Zuzker last week and now it seems like teams are starting to answer
In the past few years, trade deadline day is pretty boring, not many big trades happen

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sad to see him leave SJ, looked devastated about the thought of leaving yesterday. Best of luck to him

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Huh, exactly what HF Sharks fans said they wanted. Excellent call, San Jose hockey fans!

Good value, should be a good fit in Washington, but not what I'd think of as the final piece.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

What an odd condition.

It's very not likely , but it can open SJS up to the possibility of Washington winning the Cup in a universe where Arizona wins the President's Trophy this year, and SJS takes the last pick in the 3rd round this year, even if Washington's wheels fall of next year and they finish in dead last, and have the first pick in the third round next year.

Just sort of weird to give Arizona's 3rd if Washington wins the Cup. They seem unrelated.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad