Player Discussion With the 9th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Trevor Zegras

Status
Not open for further replies.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Why are you worried about it? Comtois is a RFA

Will he be eligible?
And Drysdale?

To me they are NHL regulars already.

Because Murray may trade him or do something silly this off season. I don’t trust Murray with this franchise.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think he is a favorite lol, who do you think will be his competition? No one from this draft will probably be in NHL next season because of missed time from COV.

Drysdale I’m hoping will be pretty good competition. Those two would probably be top 5 favorites going in.

I’m sure there will be a few more 2019 guys who end up being pretty good next season also - Caulfield and Newhook in particular but don’t think either will be on the same level as Zegras.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
There’s likely gonna be a guy or two that sneaks into the mix out of nowhere as well. Kaprizov is still going to win the Calder, but did anyone foresee Jason Robertson finishing as the runner-up?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Trevor Zegras.png

He is now above 0.5 points per game average :)

Last edited:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Even with playing with 2nd worst team, Zegras is producing better than Kakko (whom most on the main boards thought would have instant success like Laine).
Montreal had Zegras #3 on their draft list.
And I still think Kakko could easily become something special. But unless you’re Sid or McDavid, it usually takes time. People were being way too cavalier throwing around some crazy rookie season numbers before the draft.

Zegras is going to be a special player imo. Just so smart

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
And I still think Kakko could easily become something special. But unless you’re Sid or McDavid, it usually takes time. People were being way too cavalier throwing around some crazy rookie season numbers before the draft.

I agree kakko is going to be a stud. Zegras is so smart with so much skill that I really believe his ceiling is right below McDavid tier

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree kakko is going to be a stud. Zegras is so smart with so much skill that I really believe his ceiling is right below McDavid tier

Not playing under David Quinn he will. Zegras is a different player than Kakko, and expect him to produce more. Z is already producing and he is on a shitty Ducks team where only one player is finishing right now at a decent consistent rate.

I would love for them to try and get a Laine type here. They need scoring, I would hold off on D additions, which when healthy they are a very solid D group. Should be focusing on fixing the PP, and adding a Top 6 forward from this draft. When you start scoring more goals, it’s just a different mentality for the team.

I honestly think Zegras will be Rakell’s last hope to find his game back here. Terry has been good, but I just think he should be thrown with Henrique and Lundestrom on the 2nd line. They had a lot of chemistry. It makes sense. Rico looked good on left wing last night.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Yeah Kakko will be a top line power forward. Zegras is just turning out to be a special player who is now playing a premium position.

Oct 18, 2011
I like how he finished the season, he came back up from the minors, playing a new position and looked better than his first stint, however we should be trying to play him as a 3rd line C next year not top 6 but unfortunately our center situation is trash and we might be playing him as our number 2.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I like how he finished the season, he came back up from the minors, playing a new position and looked better than his first stint, however we should be trying to play him as a 3rd line C next year not top 6 but unfortunately our center situation is trash and we might be playing him as our number 2.

Let’s be realistic, he’s going to be thrust in as our number one next season. Ideally he’s a 2 or 3 to start but we don’t have any better options.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Can throw these lines out (Assuming all these players return...

Steel - Henrique - Terry
Volkov/Jones - Getzlaf - Silfverberg
Comtois - Zegras - Rakell

But I don’t think we’d be fooling anyone who the top line really is. Lol.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I think you guys might be underestimating what he can do next season. If he trains hard, I could absolutely see 55-60 points. In fact, I’d be surprised if he didn’t put up solid 2nd line center numbers
I agree with this. I think biggest question marks will be how he can handle a long 82 game season physically if that's what is ahead the next season.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Every single forward on the Blues would be an ideal linemate for Zegras... lol

ROR, Perron, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Thomas, Kyrou, Hoffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad