Player Discussion With the 9th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Trevor Zegras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Kaliyev outscored him (more games, but still higher ppg) and Byfield was just 1 point back in the same amount of gp. I think Turcotte got off to a slow start and maybe there was some injury involved there - could be wrong. Still, not a great showing. I think Z is on a different level offensively than Turcotte.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Kaliyev outscored him (more games, but still higher ppg) and Byfield was just 1 point back in the same amount of gp. I think Turcotte got off to a slow start and maybe there was some injury involved there - could be wrong. Still, not a great showing. I think Z is on a different level offensively than Turcotte.
Turcotte was injured at least 3 different times throughout the season, including missing the last few. He definitely looked better as the season went on, but he clearly plays a style of hockey that lends itself to getting injured frequently.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stephens says he is working on a Zegras piece right now. Zegras said he had been skating with Drysdale, Sam Carrick, and the World Champs guys (Comtois, Henrique, Rakell, Lundestrom, Stolarz) before joining the Gulls. He also said he's been playing basketball and golf if any of you care about that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If you are slightly dissapointed in his AHL playoff production like me (although, he hit some posts and he wasn't bad), just a reminder to watch this:

wraparound

May 17, 2014
FWIW I noticed on his insta page he posted a close up unboxing & the skates had #46 on them. not sure if that was just Bauer using stock roster info from NHL dot com or if they asked Z what number he wanted on them. doubt BM would let him change his # while on his ELC anyway..

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
FWIW I noticed on his insta page he posted a close up unboxing & the skates had #46 on them. not sure if that was just Bauer using stock roster info from NHL dot com or if they asked Z what number he wanted on them. doubt BM would let him change his # while on his ELC anyway..
That's interesting.

I expected Z to have a new number (I would like him to have 13, but 11 is a good bet as well). Ryan got a new number mid-season IIRC, Fowler, Getz, Perry got theirs after the first year I think.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Barzals impact is exactly how good I think Zegras will be. Different game but I think they both push tempo and pace very similar.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Barzals impact is exactly how good I think Zegras will be. Different game but I think they both push tempo and pace very similar.
I would argue Zegras playing style could help him dictate the game more.
But ofc, Z needs to get to Barzals level first.

I hope Z qualifies for the rookie award next year. But the competition might be crazy with Seider, Caufield, Newhook, Byfield, and others. Also, Drysdale :)

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
That's interesting.

I expected Z to have a new number (I would like him to have 13, but 11 is a good bet as well). Ryan got a new number mid-season IIRC, Fowler, Getz, Perry got theirs after the first year I think.

I thought Fowler got his mid way through his first year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->