Player Discussion With the 9th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Trevor Zegras

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Look at Sam Steel in that video. What a p***y. Wish he had any heart what so ever.
I noticed that too, pretty weak. At least pretend to be willing to mix it up like Terry and Fowler lol

I think you go too far with the no heart thing. He tries most of the time. He’s just scared shitless because of how weak he is

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I noticed that too, pretty weak. At least pretend to be willing to mix it up like Terry and Fowler lol

I think you go too far with the no heart thing. He tries most of the time. He’s just scared shitless because of how weak he is
Can't wait til his teammates see that and out of all people it was our 20 year old future superstar and you not gonna get involved. Sounds about right. Atleast zegras cares enough about his teammates.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Look at Sam Steel in that video. What a p***y. Wish he had any heart what so ever.
Or maybe just maybe hes making sure not to get an extra penalty... if anything i feel like it shows his awareness.

Milano Fowler Manson Terry Zegras- thats 5... steel likely stays out to avoid any type of too many men/extra penalties late in a tie game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Can't wait til his teammates see that and out of all people it was our 20 year old future superstar and you not gonna get involved. Sounds about right. Atleast zegras cares enough about his teammates.
I mean at this point your just hating to hate... our 20 year old super star initiated it, of course hes going to be involved.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
even in a thread not about Steel or a video not about him you find some way to absolute shit on the kid. it's so pathetic how you have to shit on him constantly just to prove some point of him not being good enough.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
even in a thread not about Steel or a video not about him you find some way to absolute shit on the kid. it's so pathetic how you have to shit on him constantly just to prove some point of him not being good enough.
Called Steel years ago. You're okay with his reaction here? How to teammate 101

Probably mad because you were one of the steel will be way better than Terry guys :naughty:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Called Steel years ago. You're okay with his reaction here?
In a tie game sure, like i said in an earlier post... there was too many ducks on the ice during the situation... i think steel was probably being precautionary about taking a dumb penalty.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
In a tie game sure, like i said in an earlier post... there was too many ducks on the ice during the situation... i think steel was probably being precautionary about taking a dumb penalty.
If you say so lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you say so lol
Not sure what the lol is for... you can literally count 6 ducks on the ice there

Terry Zegras Milano Manson Fowler and Steel, no delayed penalty on calgary or pulled goalie.

If he got involved and anaheim got a penalty and lost in regulation on that PK... youd be here bitching about him jumping in too.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Called Steel years ago. You're okay with his reaction here? How to teammate 101

Probably mad because you were one of the steel will be way better than Terry guys :naughty:
how dare i think a prospect could develop... and nope never said that about him and Terry.

i was on the lundestrom train before others but you don't see me pointing that out all the time unlike you and Terry...

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
how dare i think a prospect could develop... and nope never said that about him and Terry.

i was on the lundestrom train before others but you don't see me pointing that out all the time unlike you and Terry...
Everyone was on the Lundestrom train. Is there a Lundestrom hater on here? If so speak up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everyone was on the Lundestrom train. Is there a Lundestrom hater on here? If so speak up.
Def a lot of people who questioned how much offense he could provide. No one doubted he could be a good shutdown guy... but there was definetly questions on his ability to generate offense.

Same goes for Terry a couple years ago.... the skill was obviously there but if he couldnt put it together at the NHL level, he woulda just been another Jiri Sekac

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Okay we are off topic anyways good on Zegras in that video to defend his teammate & Steel just put your head down and skate away. If we want to talk about Lundestrom we can bump his thread and look at all the praise. Steel won't be in the lineup much longer when we get healthy so he is irrelevant to talk about anyways.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Okay we are off topic anyways good on Zegras in that video to defend his teammate & Steel just put your head down and skate away. If we want to talk about Lundestrom we can bump his thread and look at all the praise. Steel won't be in the lineup much longer when we get healthy so he is irrelevant to talk about anyways.
Awkward level of passive aggressiveness + arrogance

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Kinda unrelated to the Steel banter in here, it seems that it's becoming taboo to criticize Sam's game. He has some really good qualities on the ice like his hockey IQ and vision but some glaring deficiencies like his speed and the frequency with which he turns over the puck. pointing these things out from time to time during games is not piling on or hating on the kid.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kinda unrelated to the Steel banter in here, it seems that it's becoming taboo to criticize Sam's game. He has some really good qualities on the ice like his hockey IQ and vision but some glaring deficiencies like his speed and the frequency with which he turns over the puck. pointing these things out from time to time during games is not piling on or hating on the kid.
not sure how you get the idea that it's taboo to criticize him. but calling him a p***y because he's not trying to fight, that's just unreasonable.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
You can say negative things about Shatt, Bieksa etc all game but if someone talks about our golden #1 prospect child Steel it triggers. Even can talk shit about Grant every single game when he is twice as effective as Steel lol. Really weird.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He has naked pictures of some members on here. If you say something negative they are quick to jump, he'll always be our #1 prospect!!!

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
This is all very ironic considering the Sekac hype that came from one poster's (old) HF account.
I guess he may be better with prospects and development stages instead of garbage diving.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can say negative things about Shatt, Bieksa etc all game but if someone talks about our golden #1 prospect child Steel it triggers. Even can talk shit about Grant every single game when he is twice as effective as Steel lol. Really weird.
There’s a difference between someone pointing out that all someone ever does on a particular player is belittle them, sometimes for questionable things, and someone saying that you can’t EVER criticize a player. One is pointing out an agenda, the other is having one yourself.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The conversation with Zegras is worth having now. He might cost you an extra 20 million in a year and some of that money would be nice to have for Terry. It is a risk, it's entirely possible Zegras might rather wait but if they offered him the Hughes deal now I wouldn't find it irresponsible or anything
I’m not arguing that the Ducks might want to have a conversation now. My point is that the response from Zegras is going to 100% be “we will have that conversation at least a year from now”, and he should fire his agent if the agent says otherwise.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
There’s a difference between someone pointing out that all someone ever does on a particular player is belittle them, sometimes for questionable things, and someone saying that you can’t EVER criticize a player. One is pointing out an agenda, the other is having one yourself.
Which Zegras thread are we using so I can respond I don't want to respond then this one gets shut for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad