Player Discussion With the 9th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Trevor Zegras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think 13 is such a boring number. And that comes from someone who played with #13 for five seasons.
I disagree, I think it's a great number.

Z has also played with 9 (obviously will not happen in Anaheim) and 11 (available, good as well)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
No, probably next year.

Looks like it will be next year.
Comtois as well had to goo through a whole season in Anaheim to get a new (#44) number. Zegras is even participating in the Prospect tournament so I would expect it be in the next offseason when they announce a new number. Can't see him sticking with #46.
He has mentioned his favorite jersey number is #13 (because of Datsyuk), I really hope he picks that.
Gotcha. That's what they used to do in Toronto as well, which is why Kadri wore 43. He just never switched, though. I get the idea behind it but it would make me reluctant to switch after 1-2 years.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gotcha. That's what they used to do in Toronto as well, which is why Kadri wore 43. He just never switched, though. I get the idea behind it but it would make me reluctant to switch after 1-2 years.
Same with Rakell and 67. Fans had bought his jerseys and he just kept it

Reactions: Rob Brown

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Zegras might have a leg up on them. I know Caufield is good, but I think Zegras could run away with it. Also, I still don't fully have confidence in Pods.
Yeah Podkolzin is not in the Caufield tier and is behind Boldy too.

Imagine if Vancouver drafted Caufield instead, they'd have such a nice top6 forward group of Petersson, JT Miller, Garland, Boeser, Caufield, Hoglander, Horvat. They would be tiny though with Caufield, Hoglander and Garland at 5'9

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Yeah Podkolzin is not in the Caufield tier and is behind Boldy too.

Imagine if Vancouver drafted Caufield instead, they'd have such a nice top6 forward group of Petersson, JT Miller, Garland, Boeser, Caufield, Hoglander, Horvat. They would be tiny though with Caufield, Hoglander and Garland at 5'9

Shit, they already have trouble signing their young guys, I can't imagine trying to re-sign Caufield.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nice to see at least some betting sites viewing Zegras as the favorite.
It's so refreshing to see that people outside of the org are noticing us :laugh: I will also add that the recent NHL #isitoctoberyet post had Z on their poster along with Matthews, Point, McDavid, McKinnon and other NHL stars. It's happening guys :laugh:

But man, this will be a hell of a Calder race. Caufield, Sider, Newhook are all incredible prospects. And I even forgot about Drysdale lol.

Robertson could be a serious candidate too. Not so sure about Podkolzin and Raymond, but they could become serious contenders as well. It will be incredible.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Idk but I got +2000 odds (everyone was around this when it first came out)

I bet 500 so if I win it'll be a decent amount of pocket change

Legorocks99 covered this yesterday. It was on Aug 11 that oddshark had both Zegras and Drysdale at +2000. (He covered it then too.) You're gonna be rolling when Zegras wins it!!!

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I also have a side bet with 2 friends for 100 each. I got Zegras, one has Byfield and one has Caufield, if none win the bet is moot. If one of those 3 win the winner gets 100 from the other two so 200 total. I will definitely like my winnings much more with Vegas lol.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
63017F0F-A2A5-4942-BE21-33A55E8BB256.jpeg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Z has a lot of working to do on and off the ice, working on his autograph is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad