Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I dont think reaching Hugh Jessiman at the 12th overall pick is really remotely comparable to "reaching" at the end of round 3...I get your point about going with more of the consensus or looking more for offense, but again not really the same thing at pick 12 as it is at pick 92.
I wasn't comparing them as picks. I was using the line that the other posted said "They see something in him" as some sort of evidence that a pick might be good.

I don't care what round or what pick you are talking about: If a team picks a player then they obviously see something in them. So it's not really a point to mention it, especially since even though they "see something in them", the majority of players picked fail. Instead of just using that cliched line that does nothing to explain the pick, it would be better to point out the traits this player has that makes him a good prospect.

I'm willing for people to point those out based on their observations of him or observations that others have had. I've looked at the Sioux Falls Stampede social media looking for clips and couldn't find much. All I have is stuff on paper: height, weight, stats, I can see the Stampede's game day lines .

I found this highlight:
and this one:

But if someone has some good intel that would be awesome.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wasn't comparing them as picks. I was using the line that the other posted said "They see something in him" as some sort of evidence that a pick might be good.

I don't care what round or what pick you are talking about: If a team picks a player then they obviously see something in them. So it's not really a point to mention it, especially since even though they "see something in them", the majority of players picked fail. Instead of just using that cliched line that does nothing to explain the pick, it would be better to point out the traits this player has that makes him a good prospect.

I'm willing for people to point those out based on their observations of him or observations that others have had. I've looked at the Sioux Falls Stampede social media looking for clips and couldn't find much. All I have is stuff on paper: height, weight, stats, I can see the Stampede's game day lines .

I found this highlight:
and this one:

But if someone has some good intel that would be awesome.

Oh dont get me wrong, I am not sure that he was a good pick or that he was worth the reach - i just preach the same thing every draft year which is let's step back for a moment and give this guy some time to develop before we jump the any conclusion one way or another. That's not to say criticism isn't welcome either.

I am happy that they went with a big bodied, power forward type of Center and thats where some of my cautious optimism comes from.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Marchessault had extensive PO experience, maybe he's just tougher.

Agree to disagree, respect all your opinions. I see Debrincat as soft.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Frederic apologist, we can do better, but Debrincat doesn't bring the 200' game a Bruin needs to fit. Someone other than either of them.

Reactions: LouJersey

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Marchessault had extensive PO experience, maybe he's just tougher.

Agree to disagree, respect all your opinions. I see Debrincat as soft.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Frederic apologist, we can do better, but Debrincat doesn't bring the 200' game a Bruin needs to fit. Someone other than either of them.
Not every guy needs to be a 2-way guy. I'll take a guy who has scored 40 twice and 30 once by the time he's 25 all day. Figure out the defense later, talent is talent

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
If Quinnipeac wants him and he plays 3 years there as a regular I bet he ends up a good nhl player

I knew nothing about him when thee took him I’ve learned he very smart on the ice which probably why Quinnipeac wants him and he can motor and plays with an edge
I’ll share some thoughts from over here in the shadow of Sleeping Giant mountain and the Bobcats rink.

I think Quinny’s success has largely been that players stick around longer, so the team is more cohesive thru players longer tenure and playing together plus those players are older/stronger, more mature when playing against the North Dakota’s and Michigans with their 1 or 2 and done youngsters.

Over the years that has made me wonder if QU focuses on players it doesn’t expect to leave after a couple years…so I tend to lower my own expectations for NHL success when it comes to QU commits.

That said…they are National Champs, they’re doing something very right, and this kid has some attributes that say he just may blossom under Pecknold and be a solid all around performer. Anxious to see him playing so close by.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Soft score only types are neutralized and very often disappear as the playoffs go deeper.
Phil Kessel's career ppg is higher in the playoffs than it is in the regular season. Obviously, 1 player doesn't make something true or not true, but I'd just say that there are certain hockey cliches that people say, that may or may not be actually true.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Phil Kessel's career ppg is higher in the playoffs than it is in the regular season. Obviously, 1 player doesn't make something true or not true, but I'd just say that there are certain hockey cliches that people say, that may or may not be actually true.
It's kinda funny, Bruins chose the path of Bergeron/Krejci over building around Kessel. (rightfully so)

But Kessel has 3 cups, and the Bruins a total of 1. I don't feel like Kessel is the guy to build around, but he would have been a great asset in the right role here, especially times when we needed secondary scoring.

We possibly burned some of those bridges with the way he was treated / discarded here.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
That was obviously helped by the Conn Smythe run he got screwed out of. Kessel was never a small guy, shorter maybe, but wide and sturdy.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Wow, I cannot believe the disrespectful crap Lou got because he rightfully was amazed about another prospect who was drafted way above his rankings (on some lists he wasnt even ranked). When your first pick in a deep draft is in the third round and you have prospects falling to you that in some lists were ranked in the first round (Perron) you dont experiment and take the talent that has the higher possibility to be an impact nhl player. I would have loved to take one of Perron, Barkey or Karki who were drafted right after Pelosi instead of him. I also dont get the argument of the draft is a crap shot after the first round. Of course it is, but its still possible to get value in those rounds after. Players like Point or Marchand were drafted in the third round. Both have in common that they were ranked higher and fell. I hope that he will be successful and the Bruins got a player but Lou is absolutely right to question the position he was picked given the circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Wow, I cannot believe the disrespectful crap Lou got because he rightfully was amazed about another prospect who was drafted way above his rankings (on some lists he wasnt even ranked). When your first pick in a deep draft is in the third round and you have prospects falling to you that in some lists were ranked in the first round (Perron) you dont experiment and take the talent that has the higher possibility to be an impact nhl player.
Why would the Bruins care about anyone else's rankings?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wow, I cannot believe the disrespectful crap Lou got because he rightfully was amazed about another prospect who was drafted way above his rankings (on some lists he wasnt even ranked). When your first pick in a deep draft is in the third round and you have prospects falling to you that in some lists were ranked in the first round (Perron) you dont experiment and take the talent that has the higher possibility to be an impact nhl player. I would have loved to take one of Perron, Barkey or Karki who were drafted right after Pelosi instead of him. I also dont get the argument of the draft is a crap shot after the first round. Of course it is, but its still possible to get value in those rounds after. Players like Point or Marchand were drafted in the third round. Both have in common that they were ranked higher and fell. I hope that he will be successful and the Bruins got a player but Lou is absolutely right to question the position he was picked given the circumstances.
You don’t think there’s a reason Perron got passed on by every team multiple times? BUT BUT BUT THE RANKINGS THAT CLOWNFART.PENIS HAD!!!!!!

get over it, it’s pick 92. The fact it was their first pick is irrelevant- it doesn’t change the fact it’s basically a 4th rounder

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
You don’t think there’s a reason Perron got passed on by every team multiple times? BUT BUT BUT THE RANKINGS THAT CLOWNFART.PENIS HAD!!!!!!

get over it, it’s pick 92. The fact it was their first pick is irrelevant- it doesn’t change the fact it’s basically a 4th rounder

Whats the point of being on a message board when you cant express your opinion without getting offened?

Bruins reaching again -> fact
Bruins getting burned because of it in the past -> fact

Its your opinion if you dont care about rankings and dont want to draft the best player avaiable. I want them to because I cant remember the last time they reached that far and the guy became an nhl player.

Are you suggesting that they should crowd source their draft board?

No but dont overthink and try to be the smartest guy in the room.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Whats the point of being on a message board when you cant express your opinion without getting offened?

Its your opinion if you dont care about rankings and dont want to draft the best player avaiable. I want them to because I cant remember the last time they reached that far and the guy became an nhl player.
Because I want actual discussion about the player, not “this pick suckz cuz the rankings of Dan from Saskatoon said so” (who physically does not have time to watch every player btw) …….when it’s the 100th f***ing pick in the draft

Tell me *why* it’s a bad pick and actually talk about the player. Don’t appeal to authority by using some hacks rankings who can’t get a job in the league and has zero insight into the players medicals/interviews/etc and probably didn’t even watch each individual player a ton! That’s not a real discussion or argument!

I said it before- it’s the same people who cry about reaches in the late 5th round of the nfl draft. It’s not a thing at that point in the draft.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

No but dont overthink and try to be the smartest guy in the room.
In a redraft, where do you think Mason Lohrei goes? Dans Locmelis?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad