Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

Babajingo

Crazy posters who try to stifle others on a message board, boggles the mind. WTF are we doing here then if we can't voice an opinion?
You can't question any of St Sweeney's moves.
1688076099032.png

Reactions: JOKER 192

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Via ESPN:

Loser: Boston Bruins
The Bruins sent their first-round pick to the Washington Capitals in the moves for Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway and their second-round pick in their deal for Hampus Lindholm back in 2022.

So they didn't have a pick in this draft until No. 92 overall when they selected USHL center Christopher Pelosi. To say they went off the board here would be an understatement: Pelosi, who will be joining Quinnipiac this fall, was ranked 128th overall among North American skaters. In selecting the 6-2 Pelosi, they passed over Jayden Perron, a 5-foot-9 winger who was selected at No. 94 by those shrewd operators, the Carolina Hurricanes. Hopefully this isn't "Boston drafts Trent Frederic over Alex DeBrincat" part deux. -- Wyshynski

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's amazing that even when the Bruins draft a guy with no video and on no lists anywhere is picked 92 overall the pom pom crew can't even raise a wtf. Every single thing they do is above criticism with the sheep. It's amazing.
He is going to the defending NCAA Champs as an 18 year old, so another group of
competent evaluators think highly of him.

He's a Jersey Boy also.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He’s actually doing another year in the USHL then on his way to Quinnipiac.

I believe that his teammate will be fellow Bruins draftee Beckett Hendrickson for Sioux Falls.
I hear you. Again, it was just where he went. Love the program he’s going to. Love he’s from NJ. He seems pretty bad ass as a player. I wanted Perron. Hey Perron fell because of size. The big guys went over the small guys all draft long. He’s four to five years away we will see what happens

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Via ESPN:

The Bruins sent their first-round pick to the Washington Capitals in the moves for Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway and their second-round pick in their deal for Hampus Lindholm back in 2022.

So they didn't have a pick in this draft until No. 92 overall when they selected USHL center Christopher Pelosi. To say they went off the board here would be an understatement: Pelosi, who will be joining Quinnipiac this fall, was ranked 128th overall among North American skaters. In selecting the 6-2 Pelosi, they passed over Jayden Perron, a 5-foot-9 winger who was selected at No. 94 by those shrewd operators, the Carolina Hurricanes. Hopefully this isn't "Boston drafts Trent Frederic over Alex DeBrincat" part deux. -- Wyshynski

it sounds like the need for centers in this organization had them reaching and passing over a better talent. Hopefully this kid turns into a player.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I think most of the tension here has more to do with the frustration of not having a 1st and 2nd round pick than the 3rd round reach itself.

I guarantee you if they had picked in the first 2 rounds, everyone shrugs this one off.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
And apparently something like 14 Scouts employed by the Bruins. Because Sweeney is only as good an amateur talent evaluator as the 14 people who he employs are. So if he is horrible, it is because they are

Heavy is the head. Its on him. He is graded on his teams performance as any manager is. Whether that be the team on the ice or his team in an office

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Via ESPN:

Lindholm aint' too shabby?

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Interesting Mount st Charles connection so whoever was watching this kid probably has been tracking him for awhile and must see something there they really like! Whoever scouted and pushed for him at this position must at least have a solid long viewed sales pitch.

From the little of what I’ve read he sounds tenacious and good at creating chaos on the forecheck and quick on hunting pucks. Haven’t seen him of course but that sounds much needed/good traits to look for and couple that with whoever was long term watching this kid saw something there.

Whether those skill sets transfer to the next levels…ok who knows, alls I know is somebody saw something in this someone OR it could just be nothing really.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Babajingo

Via ESPN:

Forgot to mention that draft year shall not be mentioned.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I think most of the tension here has more to do with the frustration of not having a 1st and 2nd round pick than the 3rd round reach itself.

I guarantee you if they had picked in the first 2 rounds, everyone shrugs this one off.
I am sorry to say there shouldn't be any tension about not having those picks you mentioned.
Since the majority of this forum wanted Sweeney to go all in and asked for those picks to be traded.
It's all documented in that trade deadline prediction thread.
You all can't have both options it's one or the other, and no wanting to walk it back. Since the season ended so quickly, every one has to live with their decisions, whether they like it or not!.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Any pick after the 2nd round is crap shoot at best. No point in complaining, just hope he works out.
Ya I don’t really get why anyone cares. If any third rounder becomes an impactful nhl player it’s a home run. It’s rare. And has anyone even seen him play? It’s hard to form opinions based on central scouting. Are they right with their rankings at the end of round three? They took a big centre who plays a 200 foot game according to the internet. Who knows. Let’s check back in 5 years see where he is.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Via ESPN:

DeBrincat was passed over 38 times….

Not sure what the big deal is with this third round pick. Hopefully this kid proves all the haters wrong & can contribute. Not like they took him in the first round

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I ain't the fastest tack in the sock drawer and am mostly oblivious to how the hockey draft works....
But this is a third round pick.
Every player is a reach by the third round. If they weren't then they would've been drafted higher.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Debrincat can score in bunches, for teams that don't win much. Talented kid, but not putting anyone over the top to win a Cup. Is he better than Frederic, maybe, at scoring, for sure. What about the rest of his game, 200' player, think not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad