Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Been looking for rankings of 2022 and I’m fairly certain nobody had anything on Locmelis. I found the consensus top 154 somebody compiled and he’s nowhere to be found. A later pick of ours Reid Dyck is though- 145th

Just found the 2022 central scouting rankings and unless I missed his name he wasn’t ranked among the top 140 INTERNATIONAL skaters!

Now he’s one of our better prospects. It’s been a year. So like I’ve been saying- these guys don’t have time to see everybody! He’s exhibit A
Stupid Sweeney reaching. Why didn’t he just go with the consensus BPA from some list.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How would Shane Pinto look in Boston right now?

So you are saying they reached for the wrong player?
Future Considerations had Beecher 33 and Pinto outside the top 100
Hockeys prospect had neither rated in top 31
Craig Button had Pinto 40 and Beecher 45
Bob mcKezie had Beecher 41 and Pinto 45
CSS did have Pinto at 28th among North american Skaters and beecher much lower. 28-49
Wheeler at the Athletic had Pinto 50 and Beecher 98

My point is both players would have been considered reaches at 30 and 32 respectively. So far Ottawa's reach has worked out much better than Bostons reach

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
CSS did have Pinto at 28th among North american Skaters and beecher much lower. 28-49

My point is both players would have been considered reaches at 30 and 32 respectively. So far Ottawa's reach has worked out much better than Bostons reach
If you've looked at what I said, I haven't used ratings from FC or Craig Button to make my argument. What' I've consistently said is:

How did that player do against his same age peers?
Did he put up a decent number of pts (I'd say close to ppg for guys in USHL, CHL, J20, Finnish Jr and MHL in Russia... for US high school or Canadian junior leagues like the BCHL it better be OVER a ppg. For guys in college it's a different thing, same for Euros playing in men's leagues.

Ok, so how did Pinto and Beecher compare?

In their draft years, in the same league (USHL):

Pinto 1.05
Beecher .74

Of course pts aren't everything. Plenty of little guys have lit up the WHL for example or poor skating but goot shot QMJHL guys. But Pinto is 6'2 and in the same league. Even if I think Beecher is better defensively, if I'm drafting, I'm going to be on the skilled guy more often than not. There are occasions when I might not, but Beecher wouldn't have been one.

But to be honest, I probably would've taken Arthur Kalieyv. Take that for whatever it's worth.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If you've looked at what I said, I haven't used ratings from FC or Craig Button to make my argument. What' I've consistently said is:

How did that player do against his same age peers?
Did he put up a decent number of pts (I'd say close to ppg for guys in USHL, CHL, J20, Finnish Jr and MHL in Russia... for US high school or Canadian junior leagues like the BCHL it better be OVER a ppg. For guys in college it's a different thing, same for Euros playing in men's leagues.

Ok, so how did Pinto and Beecher compare?

In their draft years, in the same league (USHL):

Pinto 1.05
Beecher .74

Of course pts aren't everything. Plenty of little guys have lit up the WHL for example or poor skating but goot shot QMJHL guys. But Pinto is 6'2 and in the same league. Even if I think Beecher is better defensively, if I'm drafting, I'm going to be on the skilled guy more often than not. There are occasions when I might not, but Beecher wouldn't have been one.

But to be honest, I probably would've taken Arthur Kalieyv. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Kaliyev would have been this boards most hated player ever. He makes Loui Eriksson look gritty

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Pelosi is a nightmare around the net, combining shooting skill, hand-eye coordination, and overwhelming physicality. He wins body positioning to free his stick for chances as defenders desperately reach in. Even when there’s a defender in his face or he’s off-balance, he still gets the shot off. And somehow, he’s always the first guy to the loose puck or to apply pressure on the backcheck. -EliteProspects 2023 NHL Draft Guide

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It seems that Sweeney and company are constantly looking at the same type of player. He’s in a mess because of some of his drafting and yet this pick seems more of the same. He looks like another TFred, Beecher type with low scoring ability but a good motor. We’ve been here. I really haven’t even looked at any kid in this draft after we traded our 1-2 Ed picks for the next two years. In the end, Sweeney might be able to make up for his draft dealings with college free agents. So far, no of the recent prospects have pushed.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It seems that Sweeney and company are constantly looking at the same type of player. He’s in a mess because of some of his drafting and yet this pick seems more of the same. He looks like another TFred, Beecher type with low scoring ability but a good motor. We’ve been here. I really haven’t even looked at any kid in this draft after we traded our 1-2 Ed picks for the next two years. In the end, Sweeney might be able to make up for his draft dealings with college free agents. So far, no of the recent prospects have pushed.
He’s drafted incredibly well the last several years

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Man if Sweeney got someone like Frederic in round 3 I'd be absolutely thrilled.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Pelosi turns out like a Acciari. That is a good pick for a 3rd round pick

The optimistic scouting reports ... make him sound like Marcus Foligno or Matthew Tkachuk. Which is highly unlikely. But it is nice to read... that Pelosi is physical, leaning on Ds in front of the net... find ways to get to the loose puck. Good motor. Helps out his Ds.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Against fellow young hockey players he was good watch- skating very good

He’s on the same USHL team as another Bruins prospect

Reactions: Kegs and Ladyfan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All of you are probably saying "who?"

He's a deep cut type of player. Didn't hear anyone talk about him all year.

I liked his game. Not saying I thought he's worth a 3rd round pick, but he can play. I could easily see third round, if you evaluate some things about his game a little differently than I did.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

Looks like a pretty underrated player. Haven’t seen his name mentioned anywhere as a potential draft pick for 2023. He’s a two-way center. Does some of everything. Has size, can skate, has some offense, and statistically has produced it. Limited sample, but he has 2 less points than McDonough in 17 less games (at time writing this). I think he’s probably only a late pick because you have to question if he really has upside to be anything more than a bottom six forward, but he looks like someone most people haven’t heard of that will get his name called in the 2023 draft.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Soft touch with the pass, crash the net hard looking for the one timer and he cashes it. Love it! He’ll hopefully be scoring a lot of goals in that area

Reactions: Kegs and PlayMakers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Where do you think Lorhei goes?
Bring this back in 3 years

Great stuff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins got this one right
Seems it - reminds me more I watch him of Knies of Toronto. Good skater, acive, always around play/ works the front area of the net - not just going in ‘hey look at me I’m here I go to dirty areas’ he’s entering for a reason and his position and movement around there was text book

I would tell the kids the closer you get to net the easier to score - but find areas and read what you think could happen

A good garbage man knows how to pick up trash without getting hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad