Prospect Info: With the 92nd Pick ( Round 3 ) The Bruins select Christopher Pelosi

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
True but at the same time they'll be people calling him a good pick who have also watched him 0 times. He's a 3rd rd pick. In general they have about a 25% of being an NHL player and a smaller chance to become a top 9 player. Steals happen but whatever he becomes, either way, won't be decided today.

People aren't allowed to have an opinion now because it's too early and nobody knows nothing,

And nobody is allowed to have an opinion later because it's MMQBing.
You're making straw man arguments.

No one has said that Pelosi is a great pick, and no one has argued that you can't criticize the Bruins' drafting after enough time has passed to properly judge the players.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Because I take a look at the current group of prospects and I think there's a lot to be excited about. And that's despite rarely having any picks high in the draft.

Plus, I don't know Christopher Pelosi from Christopher Meloni or even Nancy Pelosi. So I'm gonna enjoy the ride and see where it takes me.
I was wondering why you trust these morons

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
And classic HF Bruins complaining about 3rd round picks they have watched exactly 0 times.

When don hits on a 3rd round pick that turns into a top 6 player ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Until then, anything “off the board” is a garbage pick by a horrible amateur talent evaluator

Reactions: Fenian24

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
When don hits on a 3rd round pick that turns into a top 6 player ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Until then, anything “off the board” is a garbage pick by a horrible amateur talent evaluator
Not for nothing, but go back over the past 10 years or so, and tell me how many really, really good NHL players have been drafted in the 3rd round.

Reactions: HumBucker

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't remember the consensus on Frederic's draft, but I wouldn't reach in a deep draft. No need to take big swings if the talent is there. You do that in weak drafts.

But you are making the assumption a pick is a reach just because it may not match CSS or other scouting.

Was Pelosi the highest rated player on their board? if so is it a reach?
Was he the highest rated Center, but maybe not highest rated overall? If so is it a Reach

It is not like they are sitting at the table thinking, look I know Pronman, and these other idiots think this kid is the best available player, but I'm gonna show I'm smarter than everyone else and draft the kid who is 250th on our list at 92. More likely he was top 60 or 70 on the list that their highly paid scouting staff assembled.

And I know some of these lists are assembled in chats with GM's, but even their you are looking at an unreliable group who have vested interested in hiding players they are enamored with at times.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The chances of a 3rd rounder playing 100 games is 23%...so you're saying that you will only trust him if he does something (drafting a top 6 player in round 3) that probably has less then a 5% chance of happening...sounds pretty outrageous man, but you do you.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

And apparently something like 14 Scouts employed by the Bruins. Because Sweeney is only as good an amateur talent evaluator as the 14 people who he employs are. So if he is horrible, it is because they are

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Quinnipiac commit, so we will get to see a lot of him but seems Donny went off the board a bit with the pick at 92. Most lists had him mid 100-200.
Would you be in a group wishing that at #92 Sweeney picked someone ranked in the #60s that nobody seemed to care about?

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Would you be in a group wishing that at #92 Sweeney picked someone ranked in the #60s that nobody seemed to care about?

Sure, I love to be in groups. I couldn't care less who they picked at #92. On paper, scouts had him ranked well outside the range he was picked, which is what I mentioned in my post while eating my sandwich in the breakroom at work. If he turns out to be a good player developing in Quinnipiac, awesome.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Am I really gonna need to remind people of Lohrei?

Every f***ing year with some of you people

Lohrei has a ways to go before truly using him as an example here. On track perhaps but... an example of well off the board is all we know. You can use the I told you so when he is an NHLer.

Reactions: JOKER 192

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Sure, I love to be in groups. I couldn't care less who they picked at #92. On paper, scouts had him ranked well outside the range he was picked, which is what I mentioned in my post while eating my sandwich in the breakroom at work. If he turns out to be a good player developing in Quinnipiac, awesome.
Okay, would you be game to check other teams' picks to see if any were picked 40 spots from where they were ranked?
We have the same views year after year with the Bruins' picks.
I don't know whose scouts had ranked him lower otherwise I would be their new fan. In any event he still needs to play a NHL game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lohrei has a ways to go before truly using him as an example here. On track perhaps but... an example of well off the board is all we know. You can use the I told you so when he is an NHLer.
It’s not an “I told you so”, it’s a “everybody bitched about him and then he became their top prospect almost immediately because the bitchers had no idea what they were talking about”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It’s not an “I told you so”, it’s a “everybody bitched about him and then he became their top prospect almost immediately because the bitchers had no idea what they were talking about”
That and well there wasn't much to beat out. Where would he rank on other lists?

That being said I did bitch, and I appear and hope to be 100% wrong

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This is a good example of why it doesn’t matter that we have no picks with Sweeney at the helm. Him and his scouting department are just brutal and love reaching for no reason. Has it paid off once for them yet? Not that I can think of

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad