Transfer: Winter 2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Schalke are trying to sign John Brooks from Hertha Berlin. I don't think Berlin want to sell him in the winter transfer window, as he's a big part of their team and they are pushing for Champions League.

I think he'll eventually be sold in the summer because he's not agreed to a contract extension yet, and his deal is up after the 16-17 season.

berlin dont want to sell and i thought schalke would make a move for him in the summer when they lose matip.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nobody is ever going to pay that much for Teixera.

It doesn't matter. Shakhtar has no motivation to sell and they don't need money. They can name their price, sit on it and wait.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
CZhRYJBWQAEM1_X.jpg
CZhM4JlWEAAwTJj.jpg
CZhM4JoXEAERo3I.jpg

Apparently these are the images that Teixeira has been liking recently.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Apparently these are the images that Teixeira has been liking recently.

Irrelevant until he is holding a scarf or leaning on something.

This is just like the Konoplyanka transfer. Nothing matters unless you can convince the Ukrainian chairman to sign the paperwork.

I really wish that Liverpool would just pay the price tag. Not having Andy Carroll as their record signing is priceless on its own.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's not irrelevant. It's a very good indication that he would like the transfer (when looked at with everything else) and that's something that will work in our favour. Whether or not the transfer gets done is up to the parties involved.

I think they should be able to get it done, and he'll probably end up being our record signing when it's all over and done with.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It doesn't matter. Shakhtar has no motivation to sell and they don't need money. They can name their price, sit on it and wait.

Not that easy. Yes he can do that and by doing so he would also aleniate his best player and probably some of his other Brazilian teamates. Football is a business but I'm sure that anybody on that Shakhtar team will love to step on bigger things at some point. Not to mention they could also replace Teixera another top prospect in Brazil since it's off-season there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not that easy. Yes he can do that and by doing so he would also aleniate his best player and probably some of his other Brazilian teamates. Football is a business but I'm sure that anybody on that Shakhtar team will love to step on bigger things at some point. Not to mention they could also replace Teixera another top prospect in Brazil since it's off-season there.

I don't think Ukrainian allegedly mobster oligarchs care about alienating anyone. He wants the best price.

FSG needs to open the chequebook or it's not going to happen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's not irrelevant. It's a very good indication that he would like the transfer (when looked at with everything else) and that's something that will work in our favour. Whether or not the transfer gets done is up to the parties involved.

I think they should be able to get it done, and he'll probably end up being our record signing when it's all over and done with.

I'm not saying Teixeira doesn't want to come to Liverpool. I'm saying that Shakhtar is not going to be motivated to sell for less than they think he is worth.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't think Ukrainian allegedly mobster oligarchs care about alienating anyone. He wants the best price.

FSG needs to open the chequebook or it's not going to happen.
Really?
What's the difference for him from €35m to €50m if it means that his players get mad at him. His team spirit is way more important for him than petty cash.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really?
What's the difference for him from €35m to €50m if it means that his players get mad at him. His team spirit is way more important for him than petty cash.

That is a very....idealistic....view point

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I'm not saying Teixeira doesn't want to come to Liverpool. I'm saying that Shakhtar is not going to be motivated to sell for less than they think he is worth.

But he wants to leave, hes made it clear. Shaktar has zero leverage right now.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Shakhtar has ALL the leverage. He is under contract.

Agreed.

If you look at the big picture,
If the player is under contract, he has no power in his hands. The team can decline every offer that comes there way. There is no obligation to sell the player (except the buyout clause). If Shakhtar don't want to sell Teixeira, he'll stay until his contract is up.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Agreed.

If you look at the big picture,
If the player is under contract, he has no power in his hands. The team can decline every offer that comes there way. There is no obligation to sell the player (except the buyout clause). If Shakhtar don't want to sell Teixeira, he'll stay until his contract is up.

This is somewhat true, it depends how many years are left on his contract. if his contract is up after the 2017 season, they dont have that much leverage.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure how many more times it needs to happen for people to see the opposite is more accurate. The player usually gets his way, Cesc,Masch,Xabi,Ibra when a player wants to leave the team can only hold out for so long.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
thats not how businessmen do business...
Really?
Having a bad apple in a team it can ruin the whole team spirit.
Not to mention that their best players are all brazilians that could turn ugly.
The owner is a billionaire, €15m is not much. I don't think he would get €50M from Liverpool or any other team.

They could also ask €100m or even €200m if they wanted it does not change that Liverpool is bidding against themselves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure how many more times it needs to happen for people to see the opposite is more accurate. The player usually gets his way, Cesc,Masch,Xabi,Ibra when a player wants to leave the team can only hold out for so long.

Not when dealing with the Russian and Ukrainian leagues.

Completely different cultural mindset there

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really?
The owner is a billionaire, €15m is not much. I don't think he would get €50M from Liverpool or any other team.

They could also ask €100m or even €200m if they wanted it does not change that Liverpool is bidding against themselves.

Your viewpoint is way off.

The fact that the their owner is a billionaire HURTS Liverpool. It doesn't help them. He can wait for his price.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Really?

billionaires dont become billionaires by throwing money away for no reason.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If they don't let Teixiera leave then they will have a problem signing Brazilian players, which are the majority of the players they sign. Don't be silly, they have no leverage. These agents that steer players to places like Ukraine have a ton of clients and there would be problems for Shakhtar if they didn't sell for big money. They will wait for another team to come in and if none do he'll be sold for the price offered.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If they don't let Teixiera leave then they will have a problem signing Brazilian players, which are the majority of the players they sign. Don't be silly, they have no leverage. These agents that steer players to places like Ukraine have a ton of clients and there would be problems for Shakhtar if they didn't sell for big money. They will wait for another team to come in and if none do he'll be sold for the price offered.

No. This is wrong. Brazilians will go to Shakhtar because they will pay them. What happens with a 25 year old uncapped compatriot will not change that. Ukraine will still be a destination that agents can flaunt.

An exception may be if Teixeira submits a transfer request but that doesn't seem close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad